Fold, and Piss Off

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oboe
Club Player

Fold, and Piss Off

Sorry guys.

In my time:

Saw South Melbourne as a basket case in 1981 get sent off to Sydney (we're they've won 2 premierships since.

Brisbane (with Fitzroy players) win three premierships.

We were much less deserving than Fitzroy and South. Get rid of Us - we don't deserve to exist.

Over 10 Million in debt, can't develop players, can't pick the right players, can't keep players healthy and fit.

Not hoping something better for one, two, five, 10, or 100 years.

1966 was a fluke. If we were a good club, we should have won by 10 goals, not 1 fricking point.

Give it up. Stop wasting 100,000 supporters time.

Had enough.

I love the saints!
Club Player

Re: Fold, and Piss Off

See you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

In STKFC we trust.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I love the saints! wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 4:31am See you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I understand where he’s coming from. I’ve stopped hoping too. Lifetime supporters are deluded and angry. Fair enough. We’re a rabble.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I gave up earlier in the season. This was the straw that broke my back as a supporter. I’m actually now at peace with the fact we are a terrible club and will never win a flag. Makes life so much easier to manage day to day!

#1 Ryder fan
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 8:45am I gave up earlier in the season. This was the straw that broke my back as a supporter. I’m actually now at peace with the fact we are a terrible club and will never win a flag. Makes life so much easier to manage day to day!
Me too. Wouldn’t say I’m at peace with it, but it’s much easier without the hope and expectation we will be successful.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The club is unethical, they're like a pokies venue. They should be made to put a warning to anything they sell to its supporters warning them that they will get nothing in return for there financial contribution, just long term hardship. Mathematically they are programmed to take more than they give back.

With Tassie and the NT pushing hard for teams, and a supporter base that is so disconnected, I can't see any future for the club . I've now accepted I'll never see a premiership, and even if I did it wouldn't be the same. There are only so many beatings a person can take before they think hang on , this is not enjoyable, I'm out.
The club won't survive another rebuild

Bring back the Lockett era
SaintDippa
Club Player

We don't need another rebuild. I'm convinced it is the coach, his assistants and the player development team. We play with no system, no structures, no quick ball movement plan and no F50 entry or space creation strategy apart from long bombs.
All down to the coaching. Watch the ball movement of the top sides. The slick run, the structures and ball-dosent-stop progression down the ground into an open F50 is not random. It's planned, planned and then planned again. What are we teaching this group to win games of footy in 2021? We were lucky last night that Crows kept turning it over early and we scored. Wallpaper over cracks.
I'm 55, member 27 years and the hope of seeing a flag is now years off the way Ratts is coaching. Or he could watch the top sides and copy.