Looking forward to 2022

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footynut
Club Player

Looking forward to 2022

Our realistic chance of making the finals has all but vanished.
Should be thinking of testing players out, ie should we play Clavarino for the rest of the year to see what he's got or kent to see if he can produce?
Should we send player's off for their surgeries early'?
Or play our best possible team?

With a bit of luck and good msnagement our round 1 team could look something like this:

FB  Wilkie Howard Paton
HB Highmore ?Battle? Sinclair
C Hill Steele Clark
HF Butler King Membery
FF Marshall King Gresham
R: Ryder Jones, Crouch
INT from hannebery Byrnes Connelly Coffield
Higgins MczKenzie Bytel

Trade ross Dunstan Billings & get 3 2nd rounders.
Swap 2 2nd rounders for a 1st
Then trade 2 first for king with a 2nd in return. (Could you then trade 2 seconds for a 1st again, that wld be magic)

Look at players like Daniel Talia, jack Hombsch Luke parker as free agents and fringe players at other clubs like max lynch

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Looking forward to 2022

I'm hopeful we can be a serious final 8 contender next year . I can't see us being top 4 but I would be happy if we make the finals & build on that the following year to become a genuine premiership threat in 2023/2024.Wishful thinking but hey we are due actually we are over due

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

footynut wrote: Sun 25 Jul 2021 7:09pm Our realistic chance of making the finals has all but vanished.
Should be thinking of testing players out, ie should we play Clavarino for the rest of the year to see what he's got or kent to see if he can produce?
Should we send player's off for their surgeries early'?
Or play our best possible team?

With a bit of luck and good msnagement our round 1 team could look something like this:

FB  Wilkie Howard Paton
HB Highmore ?Battle? Sinclair
C Hill Steele Clark
HF Butler King Membery
FF Marshall King Gresham
R: Ryder Jones, Crouch
INT from hannebery Byrnes Connelly Coffield
Higgins MczKenzie Bytel

Trade ross Dunstan Billings & get 3 2nd rounders.
Swap 2 2nd rounders for a 1st
Then trade 2 first for king with a 2nd in return. (Could you then trade 2 seconds for a 1st again, that wld be magic)

Look at players like Daniel Talia, jack Hombsch Luke parker as free agents and fringe players at other clubs like max lynch
Like your thinking it’s bold and I think we need to be bold
The Dogs look like they’re building a dynasty team with super midfield great talls (Naughton, Jamarra, English and Darcy coming).....gonna be hard to stop so we need to really up the ante in our quality
It’s why I’m in favour of moving on Billings, Dunstan and Ross (Membrey too if it gets me Bing...) I think the first 3 are decent players but I’m really top sides not sure on Current output they’d get a gig
It’s not about setting us up for 1 year.....we need to aim for a super side for a sustained run at flags (we have lots to make up for).
I heard Adam Simpsons presser where he said we are coming.....I think we are too but we now need to be bold to be an elite side

“Yeah….nah””
nostalgicsaint
Club Player

George Hewett- 25 year old backman/midfielder playing for swans
Restricted free agent

Matt Crouch
Midfielder, better than Brad? Not played in 2021 still unsigned.
*if dunstan goes then worth getting him

Max Lynch
Backup ruckman from Collingwood. Beat gain and can go forward.

Out
Dunstan (his choice)
Carlisle
Frawley
Hunter
Mckernan
Roberton
Wood

In
Crouch
Lynch

Best 22

Paton Howard Webster
Clark Wilkie Sinclair
Hill Steele Billings
Gresham Membry Higgins
Butler King Marshall
Ryder Crouch Jones

Int from. Crouch, Ross, Geary, Byrnes, Coffield, Battle, Long, Highmore, McKenzie, Bytes, Connelly, Joyce, M Lynch, Clavarino, Lonie, Kent

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.