Finals. AFL. 2021

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finals. AFL. 2021

The_Dud wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021 7:54pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021 6:58pm Toby Greene sent straight to the tribunal for his bump on Curly's mate.
How many weeks will he get?

There are calls for 4-6!
Big chance we won't see Toby again until 2022.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021 7:54pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021 6:58pm Toby Greene sent straight to the tribunal for his bump on Curly's mate.
How many weeks will he get?

There are calls for 4-6!
Have to think 3 minimum with his record. Just watched it again on AFL website. What an idiot. Deliberately shouldering an umpire. Plenty of room for him to change direction but nope, straight into Stevic. Only bummer is it gives Geelong a better chance. He’s a massive out for them.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Stevic did not appear too upset. I'm not sure it's that clear cut. Will not surprise if he ends up with a fine after an appeal following a token 1 week suspension.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

be a fine. not the brain power to realise he was going to walk into him. not even on his mind.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021 8:40pm be a fine. not the brain power to realise he was going to walk into him. not even on his mind.
That's the key, intent. Hard to prove without an admission or other evidence, a camera angle, audio.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see the dogs get an armchair ride as per usual

5 of the first 7 goals from free kicks, 3 were incorrect

They are looked after, and have been for years

And stats back it up

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yep, hard to lose finals with that kind of help. Very 2016 like.

This site would have melted if we copped the 3rd quarter Essendon copped. But because we didn't 🥳🥂🍾

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021 8:40pm be a fine. not the brain power to realise he was going to walk into him. not even on his mind.
Very good football player Toby Greene but not much going on upstairs it would seem. Dumb as dog doo.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

If I was a GWS fan I would be absolutely livid. What a stupid, needless act. He's their talisman and they won a final now they're going to lose him for the rest of the season for something so unnecessary and futile.

Why bother just shouldering an Ump why not get it over with and go into the stands and beat up a fan Ty Cobb style?

Plonker.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Toby looses it…unplugs the plug…world of his own…far-away eyes…see as he walks forward . Look at his eyes…where is he looking. He wasn’t talking, well, not with words. He was venting his aggression.

See one of their coaches at 3/4 time trying to settle him. Still. He wasn’t listening, even then. He had clocked out.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Loose cannon deserves to get what ever the tribunal gives him but in the same breath it that was Dangerfield ,Selwood, Hawkins or Buddy no case to answer . As I have said on another post a pretty petty incident & not much in it but just dumb get a brain Toby

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 29 Aug 2021 10:40pm Toby looses it…unplugs the plug…world of his own…far-away eyes…see as he walks forward . Look at his eyes…where is he looking. He wasn’t talking, well, not with words. He was venting his aggression.

See one of their coaches at 3/4 time trying to settle him. Still. He wasn’t listening, even then. He had clocked out.
Yeah, that was Steve Johnson, when i saw it i thought he might of been talking to Toby about his idiotic bump on the ump.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Damien Barret had a good take on the Greene Ump bump...

Greene chose to walk intimidatingly toward and into Stevic. He was clearly unhappy with what had transpired just moments earlier when he was rewarded a
free kick and then had that free kick taken from him when he hit an opponent high. Greene had the option of walking around Stevic. He didn't. He walked into him.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/672552/barr ... by-must-go

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I hope Stevic looks after him

Fine him and get him to make a public statement, but it's the finals and passions and emotions are high.

Different rules for different people. Let's face it, if it's a clean skin like Neale he gets off but if it's Toby every dogooder wants him suspended.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/601026/is- ... 9252166001

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... d54eac7b4a

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

It’s a shame that Greene will have to be rubbed out, but you cannot go around intimidating umpires … treating them as you’d treat an opponent. It’s just not on.

His only hope is the Barry Hall rule where the AFL takes a feeble stance on it and pardons him on the grounds that he will miss an important final. But that’s as bad a look for the AFL as the original offence IMO.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021 12:04am Damien Barret had a good take on the Greene Ump bump...

Greene chose to walk intimidatingly toward and into Stevic. He was clearly unhappy with what had transpired just moments earlier when he was rewarded a
free kick and then had that free kick taken from him when he hit an opponent high. Greene had the option of walking around Stevic. He didn't. He walked into him.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/672552/barr ... by-must-go
Yep that's what happened. Deliberate.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021 4:51am I hope Stevic looks after him

Fine him and get him to make a public statement, but it's the finals and passions and emotions are high.

Different rules for different people. Let's face it, if it's a clean skin like Neale he gets off but if it's Toby every dogooder wants him suspended.

Disagree. People don't get a free pass just coz their emotional. Could have walked round the ump. Could have stopped and said something. Nope. Straight into him. That's a deliberate act of aggression towards an umpire. Totally out of bounds.
If I'm walking towards you and I deliberately do what Greene did, whilst verbally having a crack at you, would you think it's aggressive? Don't understand why people on here are suggesting there's nothing in it or just give him a fine.
AFL cant win in some folks eyes. Wrong if they do and wrong if they don't.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021 9:33am

Disagree. People don't get a free pass just coz their emotional. Could have walked round the ump. Could have stopped and said something. Nope. Straight into him. That's a deliberate act of aggression towards an umpire. Totally out of bounds.
If I'm walking towards you and I deliberately do what Greene did, whilst verbally having a crack at you, would you think it's aggressive? Don't understand why people on here are suggesting there's nothing in it or just give him a fine.
Agree.

Walk into your boss that way and you’ll be lucky not to get an assault charge let alone keep your job.

AFL..over to you.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021 11:34am
st.byron wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021 9:33am

Agree.

Walk into your boss that way and you’ll be lucky not to get an assault charge let alone keep your job.

AFL..over to you.
Indeed.
Can’t have it both ways. Bemoan AFL lack of integrity when Selwood et al get off without serious penalty but then suggest that precedent should be applied to Greene.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Imagine if Toby played for Essendon. Would have been a gbh incident yesterday notwithstanding whatever tranquilizers injected into him.

Possibly Toby needs a long sleeve jumper with longer arms and straps which can be done up from time to time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If you mute all the noise and all the commentary and you just watched the incident and there wasn’t a cavalcade of people wanting Toby crucified, no one would give a damn. Cameron F’ing Ling was the commentator who first raised how bad it was. Gerard Whately and all these other Geelong barrackers are calling for a 6 week suspension…Guess who GWS are playing this week?

The dogooders want to rub out a guy for brushing another adult with his arm or part of his shoulder….. please!!
Give me a f****** break…Why wasn’t Lachie Neale suspended earlier this year?

Where is the perspective here. I understand that the AFL has to set standards and I understand that it is important to promote respect for umpires, but please don’t pretend there are different rules for different players and there is hypocrisy in nearly everything relating to the MRO and the AFL tribunal…

E.g. Hunter Clark had his jaw broken when he had his head over the footy and another bloke was second to the ball. It was deemed a footy act and an accident. What a load of horseshitt!!

Every one calling for Greene to be suspended because they don’t want other levels of footy to copy what Toby did. Let’s send a message to junior footy they’re all saying…So …ok. Look at the following scenario:

A 16 year old kid or a 17 year old who is the same size as an adult and with a bit of muscle and weight behind him is allowed to cannon into a young kid who is his opponent and break his jaw or potentially break his neck and it’s ok because the AFL condone it. There is no duty of care and no consequences if you run in and injure someone who has eyes only for the ball. ??

If you want to promote those types of accidents, then a lot of kids in junior footy are going to end up bloodied and in hospital

He did the wrong thing, but it doesn’t deserve a suspension because the AFL had already set the precedent this year with Lachie Neale. Fining Toby and getting him to make a public statement and even perhaps asking him to be involved in a long term campaign to promote the game and promote respect towards umpires at all levels will be more beneficial for the sport than just a punitive sentence on 1 individual

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 30 Aug 2021 10:20pm If you mute all the noise and all the commentary and you just watched the incident and there wasn’t a cavalcade of people wanting Toby crucified, no one would give a damn. Cameron F’ing Ling was the commentator who first raised how bad it was. Gerard Whately and all these other Geelong barrackers are calling for a 6 week suspension…Guess who GWS are playing this week?

The dogooders want to rub out a guy for brushing another adult with his arm or part of his shoulder….. please!!
Give me a f****** break…Why wasn’t Lachie Neale suspended earlier this year?

Where is the perspective here. I understand that the AFL has to set standards and I understand that it is important to promote respect for umpires, but please don’t pretend there are different rules for different players and there is hypocrisy in nearly everything relating to the MRO and the AFL tribunal…

E.g. Hunter Clark had his jaw broken when he had his head over the footy and another bloke was second to the ball. It was deemed a footy act and an accident. What a load of horseshitt!!

Every one calling for Greene to be suspended because they don’t want other levels of footy to copy what Toby did. Let’s send a message to junior footy they’re all saying…So …ok. Look at the following scenario:

A 16 year old kid or a 17 year old who is the same size as an adult and with a bit of muscle and weight behind him is allowed to cannon into a young kid who is his opponent and break his jaw or potentially break his neck and it’s ok because the AFL condone it. There is no duty of care and no consequences if you run in and injure someone who has eyes only for the ball. ??

If you want to promote those types of accidents, then a lot of kids in junior footy are going to end up bloodied and in hospital

He did the wrong thing, but it doesn’t deserve a suspension because the AFL had already set the precedent this year with Lachie Neale. Fining Toby and getting him to make a public statement and even perhaps asking him to be involved in a long term campaign to promote the game and promote respect towards umpires at all levels will be more beneficial for the sport than just a punitive sentence on 1 individual
Great post. So true.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Not a good look.

Was watching Finals footy on Fox.

Saw Dangerfield and that little maggot midget Razor Ray fist bumping and greeting each other like long lost friends. Huge grins on their ugly faces, and laughing it up.

Have no idea what a maggot was doing on field when the pussies were doing their warm up and to me it was a shocking look.

The maggots are also entitled to warm up I guess but, but they should keep their distance.

They don't and we recognise that that is a problem

Others might not agree but hey, that's my opinion.

They pussies and their stars Dangerfield and Selwood get a dream run from said maggots.

I will be looking closely tonight.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Is it me or is Geelong GWS game a bit ordinary.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I’m really hoping GWS win for 2 reasons - I hate Geelong, and I’m a big fan of the GWS song, I’d love to hear it again :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.