Dirty Laundry - Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dirty Laundry - Dunstan

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 12:28pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 11:54am
saynta wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 11:07am “I’ll let my manager Robbie D’Orazio have a word to him (Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro) and hopefully we can make it happen.”
Who is Luke’s manager…
Does Luke have a manager??

I am the worst of the worst at this…, BUT!, why would Luke’s manager advise his to carry on like that on radio!!

a) they don’t like me.. (Saints)
b) hope Essendon pick me. Nick Hind is my mate!
c) I’m ready to move in from football

Wellar was the opposite!!
It didn’t do him much good, but he got another crack!

If Luke got 3 Brownlow points Ok, but 11!

What a fall from grace.
Ummm - You actually quoted a post that clearly said who his manager was.
:wink:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 12:53pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 12:28pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 11:54am
saynta wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 11:07am “I’ll let my manager Robbie D’Orazio have a word to him (Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro) and hopefully we can make it happen.”
Who is Luke’s manager…
Does Luke have a manager??

I am the worst of the worst at this…, BUT!, why would Luke’s manager advise his to carry on like that on radio!!

a) they don’t like me.. (Saints)
b) hope Essendon pick me. Nick Hind is my mate!
c) I’m ready to move in from football

Wellar was the opposite!!
It didn’t do him much good, but he got another crack!

If Luke got 3 Brownlow points Ok, but 11!

What a fall from grace.
Ummm - You actually quoted a post that clearly said who his manager was.
:wink:
Yeah..it was a 'rhetorical omission' kinda like a 'rhetorical question', except backwards! (to make a point...ya know) it wasn't my ADHD....I swear....I bloody swear...

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Dunstan's manager has learned a method from his boss Paul Connors?
The same Connors who advised Luke Ball on how to get from St Kilda to Collingwood.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 2:38pm Maybe Dunstan's manager has learned a method from his boss Paul Connors?
The same Connors who advised Luke Ball on how to get from St Kilda to Collingwood.
Don't reckon you could blame Connors or Ball after the treatment he got in the GF.
Similarly with Dunstan, if you put something out in the hard rubbish collection you shouldn't get dirty on someone picking it up and putting to good use.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 3:12pm
Mr Magic wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 2:38pm Maybe Dunstan's manager has learned a method from his boss Paul Connors?
Don't reckon you could blame Connors or Ball after the treatment he got in the GF.
Similarly with Dunstan, if you put something out in the hard rubbish collection you shouldn't get dirty on someone picking it up and putting to good use.
All good, except I believe Connors screwed us over with Ball.
My understanding is that the Saints had agreed to let Ball go to Collingwood and were going to receive back pick #12?.
UNTIL
Connors decided to move Jolley from the Swans to Collingwood and they used that pick for that trade as they determined they needed a ruckman as a priority..
Connors/Ball then basically told St Kilda to GAGF and used the media to publicly denigrate and embarrass the Club.

It would be interesting to know what the pre-game plan for Ball was in that 2009 GF?
Or do we actually believe that Lyon deliberately chose not to play a fit player in the second half and risk losing the game?
I do not believe the story that Ball was 'forgotten on the bench'.
I do believe there was a 'plan' for his role and game time.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Did StK want Tyson Goldsack and Collingwood said no

They offered pick 30 and we said no

We ended up with zero!!!

Way to negotiate

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IIRC, Collingwood tried to send Wellingham to NM for their pick 23/24 which St Kilda said they would take for Ball, after the 'deal' for Pick #12 was sabotaged by Connors.
NM said no

Collingwood then offered Goldsack or Wellingham or Pick 30
None of which St Kilda wanted.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 4:03pm IIRC, Collingwood tried to send Wellingham to NM for their pick 23/24 which St Kilda said they would take for Ball, after the 'deal' for Pick #12 was sabotaged by Connors.
NM said no

Collingwood then offered Goldsack or Wellingham or Pick 30
None of which St Kilda wanted.
Interesting and probably on the money. :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 3:36pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 3:12pm
All good, except I believe Connors screwed us over with Ball.
My understanding is that the Saints had agreed to let Ball go to Collingwood and were going to receive back pick #12?.
UNTIL
Connors decided to move Jolley from the Swans to Collingwood and they used that pick for that trade as they determined they needed a ruckman as a priority..
Connors/Ball then basically told St Kilda to GAGF and used the media to publicly denigrate and embarrass the Club.

It would be interesting to know what the pre-game plan for Ball was in that 2009 GF?
Or do we actually believe that Lyon deliberately chose not to play a fit player in the second half and risk losing the game?
'forgotten on the bench'. CAME OUT OF lyins mouth. I remember the Jolly movement.

Offering Goldsack or that other filth clown for a former captain of our club who went at pick 2 was a f****** insult.

An insult that the saints weren't going to allow to come to fruition unfortunately.

Then Ball and the filth manipulated the draft to ensure that the filth got their man for f*** all to the saints

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 11:21am Jack Bytel ......he isn't a better kick than Dunstan
Yes I only took a snippet but ........ seriously??

I saw him hit a lot of decent kicks that Dunstan could never pull off ...... not sure Dunstan could goal from outside 50 either

His vision and agility is also a ton better

Anyone remember his spin and baulk against West Coast in Round 4 .... like pure crack

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 4:36pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 11:21am Jack Bytel ......he isn't a better kick than Dunstan

I saw him hit a lot of decent kicks that Dunstan could never pull off ...... not sure Dunstan could goal from outside 50 either

Anyone remember his spin and baulk against West Coast in Round 4 .... like pure crack
And his speed/accuracy in handballing off in traffic - either side of his body.
Seems to be very team oriented.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 4:36pm

While these highlights are memorable, they will not be the things Bytel will be remembered for if he plays 116 games. He will need to learn to graft out his disposals, at the bottom of a stoppage, body on body with his opponent. He is not going to woo us on the outside.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Only for his back injury Bytel would have been a top ten pick if not top 5. A draft position that Dunstan could only dream about.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 4:50pm Only for his back injury Bytel would have been a top ten pick if not top 5. A draft position that Dunstan could only dream about.
True, but he wouldn't be at St.Kilda either.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope Luke gets to Essendon, they are beginning to look a bit too quick & skilful for my liking.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

You never slag off your employer in front of a future employer.
I have interviewed many people over the years and one of the biggest mistakes people make is to denigrate their current employer.
The question is always asked why you are looking to move on, "Looking for a new challenge" is a good answer.
Saying anything negative about your current company is always a bad idea as it makes the potential employer question your attitude.
Luke could have shot himself in the foot here.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 10:50am
If only players were judged on stats alone.
You mean like the stat below from Devilhead?

The most irritating and incorrect way to judge how well someone has played is looking at the simple kicks plus handballs

I don’t give a stuff if someone has had 25-30. It doesn’t mean squat if they can’t impact the scoreboard or give it to a team mate. Dunny would often kick long to a contest where we were outnumbered or turn it over or kick it out of bounds.

Devilhead wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 4:58am Interesting stat this year is that Dunstan went inside 50 ..... 60 times this year for 2 goal assists - that's 1 in 30

All our other mids - Steele, Crouch, Jones, Billings, Ross are 1 in 10 or lower for inside50/GA comparison

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

So many people (including the footy journalists who write for the Herald Sun and FoxFooty and the Age) are influenced by lazy commentators who look to fill time during a tv broadcast and they spew out total disposal numbers for players.

Their job is to continually speak and provide comment and opinion. Their job is to entertain. Their job is not based on providing the viewing audience with perfect analysis on the game.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Mr Magic wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 3:36pm
you truly dislike Ball/Connors hey MM?

it was well publicised that Mission(sp) & Lyon did not believe that Ball had the fitness to run out game
and he was so blinded by this, he played an injured player (Goddard) over Ball

Seeya
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 6:17pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 10:50am
If only players were judged on stats alone.
You mean like the stat below from Devilhead?

The most irritating and incorrect way to judge how well someone has played is looking at the simple kicks plus handballs

I don’t give a stuff if someone has had 25-30. It doesn’t mean squat if they can’t impact the scoreboard or give it to a team mate. Dunny would often kick long to a contest where we were outnumbered or turn it over or kick it out of bounds.

Devilhead wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 4:58am Interesting stat this year is that Dunstan went inside 50 ..... 60 times this year for 2 goal assists - that's 1 in 30

All our other mids - Steele, Crouch, Jones, Billings, Ross are 1 in 10 or lower for inside50/GA comparison
That is such a bulls*** statistic. Goal assists usually don’t come from an inside 50. I just looked at all our goals against Richmond at the ‘G. We kicked 9 goals and only had 5 goal assists. None of the goal assists were from outside 50.

So we had 42 inside 50s, and none of them were goal assists. I guess we had a poor night

If you don’t think he scores enough goals, fine. If you don’t think he gets enough goal assists, fine. But if you make a ratio of two unrelated statistics and think you have proven something, you need to try again.

From 2015 to 2017 Dunstan had 1 goal assist for every 4.42 inside 50s
In the last 3 years, Steele has a ratio of 6.76.
Have I proven anything?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Why was he dropped so often?!

Why was he not offered another contract?!

Because he’s played about 8 very good games out of 120 and about 60 no good!!

He’s a limited player

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Looks like the only thing on offer for Dunny might be a rookie spot at the suns,

Pricks are after something on the cheap.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s been interesting to watch how forumite’s opinions have changed regarding Dunstan.

Some like me have done an about face realising he wasn’t a compete write off

Others have held firm with their opinions the whole time

And now, some of his biggest fans and defenders are sinking the boots in and starting with the character yet assassinations

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pretty close to the last of the Richo era out the door.
Good player, but not good enough to carry a midfield.

I dont blame Ratten at all for thinking Dunstan was not our future. Dunstan is quite similar to what Ratten was like as a player but not as good.

I also dont blame Dunstan for feeling somewhat hard done by. But with that said, they still played him this year and while he had a few great games, the same old shyte crept back in. If he is only going to get a rookie offer, then surely he must see the writing on the wall. His best is good. His average is not.

Dunstan lacked pace and kicking skills. Ultimately that is his undoing.
Four years of gifts from Richo is really going to stifle your development.

Tipping a bucket on your former employer in this fashion reeks of immaturity. The Saints gave him quite a bit over the journey and he would do well to remember that.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 22 Sep 2021 7:55pm It’s been interesting to watch how forumite’s opinions have changed regarding Dunstan.

Some like me have done an about face realising he wasn’t a compete write off

Others have held firm with their opinions the whole time

And now, some of his biggest fans and defenders are sinking the boots in and starting with the character yet assassinations
Our first game against Richmond this season had me doing an about face. Up until that game I was a fan. I just got annoyed at his good performances when he came back into the side. Remember the microphone being stuck in his face while walking off after having about his 3rd good game in succession and being asked what he attributed his performances to and his response was to praise his reserves coaches with a petulant and pissed off tone. It was at that point you knew he had to go.

Doesn't mean I get both sides and also hope he can make it another club but as I say, time for club and player to part ways.