David King has another swipe at the club??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: David King has another swipe at the club??

No interested in what King has to say, but I have no complaints about criticisms of the club and the list. We fell away enormously this year.

So it's pretty simple from here.

Either King is right - or we're competing for a premiership. That'll be on this list to prove one way or another.

Based on the past year, it's hard to make a case that we're on our way to a flag, or even top four. But that's up to the players to train their backsides off over pre-season and become the contenders the Club keeps telling us they are.

I have no idea whether this group of players wants it enough to burst into contention next year. We'll find out inside the opening 8 rounds.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Thu 14 Oct 2021 4:50pm
I have no idea whether this group of players wants it enough to burst into contention next year. We'll find out inside the opening 8 rounds.
The captain does!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I don’t think we overreached with hill, he was what we needed. It’s just he hasn’t lived up to it. Agree with BM he needs to get fit.
Crouch was good business. Cost us salary only and was discounted due to the party party
Hannas was stupid. Everyone knew he was cooked. Sydney knew. The press knew. The saintsational forum knew. It was even more obvious the paddy v petracca decision

#1 Ryder fan
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Our window to challenge top 4 is 2yrs off IMO
The draft approach this year is the right one
Bing next year forward line up there with best in league
I think we’ll also start to see done FAs look at this side and think “...it’s on the up..”
As someone from inside the club has said
“We don’t have a great list right.....we will have a great list in 2 years”
And yes that is expecting players to develop as well

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

King is far too black and white. While I believe we are well and truly open to criticism, King just piled on a heap of uninformed garbage.

We had pretty much the worst injury list for the comp. Or close to it. Over 125 games missed by the best 22.
We also had a terrible "draw"
We were underdone coming off preseason. Just not fit enough, and more importantly, not durable enough.

But King doesnt give a crap about that.
Its all about the W and L column for him.

If the L column is the bigger number, then you are instantly shyte.
Unless you are an absolute gun player, AA level or even generational... then you are a spud and a waste of a draft pick. You are a star or nothing with this guy.
If you are a waste of a draft pick, then that means that the people handling recruiting are crap.
If you have been trading for players and have more L's than W's, then your list is crap.
If your list is what he considers crap and then you choose not to trade for players, then the club is crap.
He said on SEN a few days back that he cant believe that we are not being more active in trade week. You cant win with this joker.

Our recruiting, in a few ways has been solid. Players like HIghmore, Wilke, Byrnes, Sharman etc etc. The picks used on these guys are basically speculative and they have all, at this point come out on top.

We need midfielders now desperately. We know it. They are going to get some. We were always, ALWAYS going to go back into the draft this year.
With a better preseason, and they must have a better preseason so we dont waste half the season like we did in 2021.
With a more balanced draw we should be winning more games.
We need a couple of the usual suspects to have breakout seasons. Hunter Clark and Cooper Shaman will do for me.
We need some better management with injuries. We need less injuries full stop.
We need a bit of luck for a change for crying out loud.

Short sighted, uninformed and poorly researched in my opinion. Quite ignorant to be honest.

A few years back he said we wouldnt win a game. We won nine that season I believe.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Are we good enough to beat Melbourne or Bulldogs on any given day? Probably, but is our best form as good as theirs? I don't think so.

We'll need to beat all the teams who made the 8 this year (or at least most of them) and all the contenders including Eagles, Tigers, and Carlton

11 clubs can't all win the bloody premiership in the same year can they!!

Can we sustain our best form as long as the top teams like the Dogs and the Dees. I don't think we have the depth or the star quality that is required to qualify for a top 4 spot and I think there are probably 6 teams stronger than us right now

I agree with Joey. We went for the quick fix. Membership was decreasing and supporters were deserting the club. It was probably something that had to be done with our predicament after the annus horribilis that was 2018. I hope we perform a miracle in 2022 or 2023 however I think 2024/2025 should be the aim

I think we just need to make sure now that we create the right culture that is firmly focused on team building and getting this squad tighter together with clear goals for the next 3-4 years and beyond. Any player that doesn't want to work as hard as our captain can take a hike ...or play at Sandringham

lewdogs
Club Player

I notice that King had Gold Coast making the 8 this year. And Melbourne missing.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 16 Oct 2021 5:53am Are we good enough to beat Melbourne or Bulldogs on any given day? Probably, but is our best form as good as theirs? I don't think so.

We'll need to beat all the teams who made the 8 this year (or at least most of them) and all the contenders including Eagles, Tigers, and Carlton

11 clubs can't all win the bloody premiership in the same year can they!!

Can we sustain our best form as long as the top teams like the Dogs and the Dees. I don't think we have the depth or the star quality that is required to qualify for a top 4 spot and I think there are probably 6 teams stronger than us right now

I agree with Joey. We went for the quick fix. Membership was decreasing and supporters were deserting the club. It was probably something that had to be done with our predicament after the annus horribilis that was 2018. I hope we perform a miracle in 2022 or 2023 however I think 2024/2025 should be the aim

I think we just need to make sure now that we create the right culture that is firmly focused on team building and getting this squad tighter together with clear goals for the next 3-4 years and beyond. Any player that doesn't want to work as hard as our captain can take a hike ...or play at Sandringham
Or doesn't really want to be at Moorabbin....ie Dunstan....f*** 'em off. Glad he is gone actually.