Concerning Recent St Kilda Stories

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shmic_s
Club Player

Re: Concerning Recent St Kilda Stories

If what is in the article is correct, then I would expect the person(s) named would have their life membership at the club revoked.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 8:52pm If what is in the article is correct, then I would expect the person(s) named would have their life membership at the club revoked.
I.think the guy is dead and I read somewhere it had been revoked or was going to.be revoked

The Op is a Brians supporter.just trying to stir up s*** and destabilise.the club.

Just ignore the prick and he might f***.off back.to redneck country.where he.belongs.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

(after he’s purchased his ‘21 membership)

:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Last Friday, almost two months after Owen shared his story, St Kilda's Board approved the removal of Briggs and convicted paedophile Trevor Gravell from the club's life members' list. In 2014, Gravell was convicted of child sex crimes unrelated to the St Kilda Little League team.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

it would be naive
no doubt about it.

memberships close at the end of june
i think

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

asiu wrote: Sat 05 Jun 2021 9:49am
Last Friday, almost two months after Owen shared his story, St Kilda's Board approved the removal of Briggs and convicted paedophile Trevor Gravell from the club's life members' list. In 2014, Gravell was convicted of child sex crimes unrelated to the St Kilda Little League team.
In hindsight, the Club acted as a Club and did it’s duty. As for other agencies, well they went silent. Merry Xmas to you and all.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
spert
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 20 May 2021 11:30am
IanRush wrote: Wed 19 May 2021 4:30pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Wed 19 May 2021 4:20pm Red, white and black colours. All I can think of. ABC mischief. Again. First I've heard about it and I haven't heard the matter raised at my local branch of the white supremacists.
See 4 articles posted above for context .
No thanks . I am not going to waste my time reading ABC garbage.
Better off reading sensationalist Murdoch click-bait.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 9:22am
Trev from the Bush wrote: Wed 19 May 2021 4:20pm Red, white and black colours. All I can think of. ABC mischief. Again. First I've heard about it and I haven't heard the matter raised at my local branch of the white supremacists.
Were you bored our somthing?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 21 May 2021 10:03pm (after he’s purchased his ‘21 membership)

:)
:D :D :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree with you spert. I prefer the abc which I believe to have the least biased output but I would not be naive enough to ignore either. Don’t limit yourself to one source Saynta

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 11:13am
Have to agree with you spert. I prefer the abc which I believe to have the least biased output but I would not be naive enough to ignore either. Don’t limit yourself to one source Saynta
I actually find that the left leaning ABC is the most biased news outlet, a fact confirmed by a pissed off Government but I sorta agree with your final comment.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The government is pissed off because the ABC is the only media outlet that questions it We are off topic here so I will desist 😘

St Plugger
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 11:25am
The Fireman wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 11:13am Have to agree with you spert. I prefer the abc which I believe to have the least biased output but I would not be naive enough to ignore either. Don’t limit yourself to one source Saynta
I actually find that the left leaning ABC is the most biased news outlet, a fact confirmed by a pissed off Government but I sorta agree with your final comment.
The ABC is centrist, not leftist!

If your political views are to the right of centre then of course what they say will be left of yours. Likewise if your views are from the left, the ABC seems to favour the political right, though not as extreme as the Murdock press and Sky news!

Now back to the topic.

Club Player

St Plugger wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 12:32pm The ABC is centrist, not leftist!
man- you are delusional. I consider myself centrist - the core values I grew up with and have lived by - in particular the primacy of reason and proven fact as the basis of belief and that action always has unintended consequences you had better understand before you make things worse is something dispensed with by the ABC opinionistas.
Then again against all reason I both support now the most unsuccessful football club and hope against hope that common sense will become common again!

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
St Plugger
Club Player

6621104 wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 2:57pm
man- you are delusional. I consider myself centrist - the core values I grew up with and have lived by - in particular the primacy of reason and proven fact as the basis of belief and that action always has unintended consequences you had better understand before you make things worse is something dispensed with by the ABC opinionistas.
Then again against all reason I both support now the most unsuccessful football club and hope against hope that common sense will become common again!
I note you conveniently ignore the tenet of my comment.
I'll state it again!
"If your political views are to the right of centre then of course what they say will be left of yours. Likewise if your views are from the left, the ABC seems to favour the political right".
Sky news and the Murdock press also have many "opinionistas" who views many can't fathom and find extreme.
Last edited by St Plugger on Sun 12 Dec 2021 6:47pm, edited 2 times in total.

St Plugger
Club Player

St Plugger wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 3:47pm
6621104 wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 2:57pm
I note you conveniently ignore the tenet of my comment.
I'll state it again!
"If your political views are to the right of centre then of course what they say will be left of yours. Likewise if your views are from the left, the ABC seems to favour the political right".
Sky news and the Murdock press also have many "opinionistas" who views many can't fathom and find extreme.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St Plugger wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 12:32pm
The Fireman wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 11:13am Have to agree with you spert. I prefer the abc which I believe to have the least biased output but I would not be naive enough to ignore either. Don’t limit yourself to one source Saynta

If your political views are to the right of centre then of course what they say will be left of yours. Likewise if your views are from the left, the ABC seems to favour the political right, though not as extreme as the Murdock press and Sky news!

Now back to the topic.
Well put st plug You are spot on.
Earlier I stated that ignoring any outlet is naive but admit finding it extremely difficult to take skynews seriously

Now back on topic

Simon Templar
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 6:26pm

Now back to the topic.
Earlier I stated that ignoring any outlet is naive but admit finding it extremely difficult to take skynews seriously

Now back on topic
You two (agreeing) blokes are hilarious!

Go you good things....!!!
Simon Templar
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 12 Dec 2021 6:26pm

Now back to the topic.

Now back on topic
You two (agreeing) blokes are hilarious!

Go you good things....!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I can't stand that Paul guy on Sky with his putrid support of a lying sexist dropkick former Potus. Sick making in fact but for anyone to suggest that the ABC gives a centralist unbiased view of current affairs or anything for that matter has their head stuck up their arse. Q & A is simply the worst from an organisation that should have its taxpayer funding severely reduced.

St Plugger
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 13 Dec 2021 7:47pm I can't stand that Paul guy on Sky with his putrid support of a lying sexist dropkick former Potus. Sick making in fact but for anyone to suggest that the ABC gives a centralist unbiased view of current affairs or anything for that matter has their head stuck up their arse. Q & A is simply the worst from an organisation that should have its taxpayer funding severely reduced.
Santa, you have a dilemma then to consider!
The Libs are no longer the centre-right party that Menzies founded. Menzies used Social Policies to great effect, resulting in his 16 years as PM. The Libs [and Nats] are nows well right of the centre and are true "Conservative" political parties. The Murdock press is also well right of the centre and It supports the Libs whole heartedly. Therefore, as there is no significant media group that is centrist, [You can have centre - left or centre - right by definition], the ABC fills that void. We need to ABC for that very reason to express differing views, and it should have more funding, not less to perform its significant unifying National role.

This forum allows us to express divergent thoughts and views regarding our beloved Saints and so should our national media! [BTW, I frequently support yours]

saynta
Saintsational Legend

St Plugger wrote: Mon 13 Dec 2021 8:18pm
saynta wrote: Mon 13 Dec 2021 7:47pm I can't stand that Paul guy on Sky with his putrid support of a lying sexist dropkick former Potus. Sick making in fact but for anyone to suggest that the ABC gives a centralist unbiased view of current affairs or anything for that matter has their head stuck up their arse. Q & A is simply the worst from an organisation that should have its taxpayer funding severely reduced.
The Libs are no longer the centre-right party that Menzies founded. Menzies used Social Policies to great effect, resulting in his 16 years as PM. The Libs [and Nats] are nows well right of the centre and are true "Conservative" political parties. The Murdock press is also well right of the centre and It supports the Libs whole heartedly. Therefore, as there is no significant media group that is centrist, [You can have centre - left or centre - right by definition], the ABC fills that void. We need to ABC for that very reason to express differing views, and it should have more funding, not less to perform its significant unifying National role.

This forum allows us to express divergent thoughts and views regarding our beloved Saints and so should our national media! [BTW, I frequently support yours]
We can agree to disagree on the ABC. :wink:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 10:32am

To go a little off topic...

I just wonder, do you lot think we would have been better off sticking with one government bank - at state level (the old State Savings Bank) and national (the old Comm Bank).

Do you think fees and any number overt and covert insults that the public now has to deal with on a daily basis in dealing with their banks, would be any different?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 11:28am
saynta wrote: Tue 14 Dec 2021 10:32am

To go a little off topic...

I just wonder, do you lot think we would have been better off sticking with one government bank - at state level (the old State Savings Bank) and national (the old Comm Bank).

Do you think fees and any number overt and covert insults that the public now has to deal with on a daily basis in dealing with their banks, would be any different?
I don't pay any bank fees and I certainly don't have to deal with insults from them covert or otherwise so I don't have a problem with the big four.

Although I worked for the Commonwealth Bank for a little while in Launceston back in 1964. They were a bunch of arseholes and the worst possible employer.