Ben King 2022?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ben King 2022?

I hope for Bens sake it is not as bad as feared?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

both bros with serious knee injuries all ready ...................I will now be worried everytime I see Max leave the grd for a mark

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The Fireman wrote: Thu 10 Feb 2022 2:27pm both bros with serious knee injuries all ready ...................I will now be worried everytime I see Max leave the grd for a mark
I live in Perth n saw the game vs WCE last year, my seat was behind up near the goals, so had a great view in the last qtr when he came of age.

As he jumped high over McGovern for that epic mark, we all held our breaths in the Saints-dedicated bays.
Cos with his long lanky limbs, he resembles a very young horse.

Very early in the last qtr, when the ball was down the other end, Max was standing with a trainer, head bowed, looking really pained. May have been winded or something. Geez we were a bit worried.

But a minute later as the ball came back into F50, trainer left and he took his first classy mark of that qtr and we were all relieved.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saint64
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Thu 10 Feb 2022 2:27pm both bros with serious knee injuries all ready ...................I will now be worried everytime I see Max leave the grd for a mark
Rooey did his knee in his first year, as did Petracca. Plenty of players have had outstanding careers after serious injuries early on.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

saint64 wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 11:16am
Rooey did his knee in his first year, as did Petracca. Plenty of players have had outstanding careers after serious injuries early on.
Rooey's knee injury wasn't an ACL injury but it did give him issues for most of his career.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I used to fear every time Max flew but last year I stopped worrying. McCartin on the other hand I was always nervous for.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

GCS and GWS.

Demetriou's follies.

Good Christ -- they didn't even give them distinguishable names. How often have you read GWS and thought GCS? And vice versa?

Pure amateur hour from people with more spreadsheets than common sense.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 8:09pm GCS and GWS.

Demetriou's follies.

Good Christ -- they didn't even give them distinguishable names. How often have you read GWS and thought GCS? And vice versa?

The Pelican loved his spreadsheets.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Gershwin
Club Player

Demetriou's follies.

No never had a problem. It is the middle letter that makes all the difference. Bit like ‘hat’ and ‘hot’.

summertime and the living is easy ........
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 5:00am

Demetriou's follies.

No never had a problem. It is the middle letter that makes all the difference. Bit like ‘hat’ and ‘hot’.
Or s*** and shot. :wink: :wink:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

It’s enough to see the future…
Ben will stay there.
He will have a family and live in a ‘gated community’ with its own golf course and department store with a giant Atrium with crocodiles swimming in the canalS next to the walkways. The next Truman Show will be filmed there.
There will be a sister city relationship with one of the two ‘Gold Coasts’ in China.

We will play Gold Coast in China and the ground will called the Golden Kingdom for the Kings.

Then in a generation, as China is becoming a massive rust belt as its population ages, people will calm down and love China, and as its sterile ‘new’ cities start to empty, we will lament the destruction of old China. It will all be sweet in the end, but Ben won’t come back to lovely Moorabbin.
At the last minute, in his 50s, Ben will use his Chinese connections to save St Kilda.
(I won’t say buy the JO..I’ll leave that)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin
Club Player

'King returned home to Melbourne last week where he will undergo a knee reconstruction.'

And he will be looked after by Mum and Dad and brother Max and all his Melbourne friends.

He is ours for the taking.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Mon 14 Feb 2022 6:49pm 'King returned home to Melbourne last week where he will undergo a knee reconstruction.'

And he will be looked after by Mum and Dad and brother Max and all his Melbourne friends.

There saying he signed a extension for 2 years

Gershwin
Club Player

saintly wrote: Mon 14 Feb 2022 7:43pm
Gershwin wrote: Mon 14 Feb 2022 6:49pm 'King returned home to Melbourne last week where he will undergo a knee reconstruction.'

There saying he signed a extension for 2 years
No that is the offer from GC. Has been on the table for a while and he has not accepted.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think the GC will fold. Really stupid idea to have a 2nd team in Qld. It should have been Tassie. And I can't wait for it to happen. Even with Gablett up there they couldn't make the finals and it won't change soon. There's no soul there.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 2:24pm I think the GC will fold. Really stupid idea to have a 2nd team in Qld. It should have been Tassie. And I can't wait for it to happen. Even with Gablett up there they couldn't make the finals and it won't change soon. There's no soul there.
The 14 year old in me Is torn between it becoming a derelict perennial problem child that offers easy points and cult status and just simply just folding.

Every other part of me wants it gone and teams in Tassie and the NT.

Footy maybe sponsored by McDonalds, Toyota, alcohol and gambling, but they owe something to the bones- the skeleton underneath, that holds it all together.

No Tasso team as a travesty.

But remember the ‘head’ of the machine has no soul. It is just a monster with an MBA and a set of steak knives, eh..sorry, stake-holders. I think it is better ask Beetlejuice about it. He seems to see through a lot of the fog.

shadrock
Club Player

This injury will play right into our hands. Will mean he spends more time away from the Gold Coast and in the company of family and friends as he recovers. He wont want to go back, and if he wanted to get away from the Gold Coast, this would be a nice easy transition away from them before a career in Melbourne. He could easily spin it to be he wants to be closer to family while he rehabs, nobody would hold it against him.

Id be shocked if he signed in the GC.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote=shadrock post_id=1939194 time=1644903326 user_id=21686]
This injury will play right into our hands. Will mean he spends more time away from the Gold Coast and in the company of family and friends as he recovers. He wont want to go back, and if he wanted to get away from the Gold Coast, this would be a nice easy transition away from them before a career in Melbourne. He could easily spin it to be he wants to be closer to family while he rehabs, nobody would hold it against him.

[/quote]

I agree. Surgery here, initial recovery here with family and friends. Gold Coast will suck again, we will rise and we get him.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 5:27pm
shadrock wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 4:35pm This injury will play right into our hands. Will mean he spends more time away from the Gold Coast and in the company of family and friends as he recovers. He wont want to go back, and if he wanted to get away from the Gold Coast, this would be a nice easy transition away from them before a career in Melbourne. He could easily spin it to be he wants to be closer to family while he rehabs, nobody would hold it against him.

I agree. Surgery here, initial recovery here with family and friends. Gold Coast will suck again, we will rise and we get him.
And more to the point, I'm sure post surgery (during his recovery) he'll be going to watch his brother play.
In the rooms before, during and after games?
Getting to know all the Saints players.
IMHO the longer he stays in Melbourne the less likely he will return to the Gold Coast to play.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 6:04pm
Goose is king wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 5:27pm
shadrock wrote: Tue 15 Feb 2022 4:35pm This injury will play right into our hands. Will mean he spends more time away from the Gold Coast and in the company of family and friends as he recovers. He wont want to go back, and if he wanted to get away from the Gold Coast, this would be a nice easy transition away from them before a career in Melbourne. He could easily spin it to be he wants to be closer to family while he rehabs, nobody would hold it against him.

And more to the point, I'm sure post surgery (during his recovery) he'll be going to watch his brother play.
In the rooms before, during and after games?
Getting to know all the Saints players.
IMHO the longer he stays in Melbourne the less likely he will return to the Gold Coast to play.
Gold Coast would not let Ben go anywhere near the Saints .

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Suns are in for a shocking season. No Greenwood - their best inside mid, and now no Ben for the season - their best forward.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saint64 wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 11:16am
It wasn't an ACL

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Yallingupsaints
Club Player

I had a chat with a mate from the GCS last night. He believes there is 0% chance that BK will leave. He is making near on $1M per year and living the dream on the coast. Complete anonymity, living away from the family has made him mature, the young talent at GCS is as good as anywhere and they all
want to stay there. They will be playing deep into the finals in the next 3-4 years.The saints can’t play them both in the forward line, he would be wasted at CHB and you wouldn’t risk a jet like him in the ruck.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yallingupsaints wrote: Sun 20 Feb 2022 10:00am I had a chat with a mate from the GCS last night. He believes there is 0% chance that BK will leave. He is making near on $1M per year and living the dream on the coast. Complete anonymity, living away from the family has made him mature, the young talent at GCS is as good as anywhere and they all
want to stay there. They will be playing deep into the finals in the next 3-4 years.The saints can’t play them both in the forward line, he would be wasted at CHB and you wouldn’t risk a jet like him in the ruck.
Yup! I've been hearing this for a while now, he is very happy up there, the AFL have thrown the kitchen sink not only at Ben, but the whole core of other young high DPs they want to keep together. The AFL can't afford to keep giving the GCS significant draft concessions to build a team capable of wining the flag only to see players leave en masse. So the AFL are now investing heavily in the next part of the equation: player retainment, and it makes sense from a business perspective.

I agree this current crop is the best they have assembled since inception and if they can keep them together they will be a finals force for a long time. In fact I think Queensland footy is about to enter a halcyon period over the next decade.

It's possible we could be fighting GCS this season for a final spot in the 8.