Bevo...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bevo...

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 4:24pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 3:01pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:37pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:01pm I just wonder what Bevo makes of Bulldogs Board Member and AFL Media journalist, Luke Darcy?
All journos barrack for a team. Does that mean all of them have a conflict of interest.

Seriously unwarranted and unhinged rant by Bevo despite what I think of Tom Morris and his ilk.
LLs,
With respect, what do you think he thinks of Luke Darcy?
He respects him...obviously, and we both know he does respect Luke Darcy.

What is wrong with us? Nothing.
We are a gang of hungry animals..and we love the smell of blood, that's all.
If he doesn't think Darcy has a conflict of interest then Bevo is a hypocrite.

The funniest part for me was when Bevo tried to kick Morris out like he has the power of a bouncer at a club.
Bevo doubled down on the personal stuff after that.

Again, completely unwarranted and unhinged rant from Bevo...And now we're all talking about it instead of the game itself.
Of course Bevo knows Darcy has a conflict of interest. And you know, he knows it!
See what's happening here?

We all know the deal...

Completely unwarranted.?...well, righteously, right of you to say so! I say respectfully.
unringed rant - yes, indeed.

It is funny that Bevo lost it? And it was an enjoyable spectacle that we have to talk about? Who are the hypocrites? Us!
I don't think it is about Bevo actually, it is just about us..and the matrix life we live..a clash of frames. We need a different language. English has no vocabulary for when you speak 'company talk'..we use the same words...Maybe, one day, we'll actually have different verbs and nouns so that there can be no doubt, and no excuse for being taken out of context.

Just like Wellard said, he get's in trouble for mentioning something on a company forum.
Only you could turn this into an attack on forum posters. :roll: :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I thought bevo was awesome. The press are vultures and as bevo said at least give the club a heads up
Most on here would be behind ratts if he got stuck into a journo undermining our club

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 4:10pm I'm all for press events to be looser, people speaking there mind etc, but you gotta pick your battle Bevo!

"You're a POS because you accurately reported information leaked from someone at my club!"

That's a 10-8 round to the journo every time, Bevo doesn't have a leg to stand on in this case.
His specific beef was what he saw as a departure from the code of conduct - which I know nothing about - but seems to be that journos pay a courtesy of giving a call to say the story is coming out.
Beveridge muddied the waters by dragging history into it, as well as trying to evict him when he didn't have the power to do so.
Equating Bevo to Trump is a long bow. Trump is a serial liar and a sinister one at that.
On reflection, an over reaction from Bevo that will get replayed ad nauseum and lead to questioning of his leadership but I still admire him for standing up for.himself and his club.
I was close to the Adelaide Crows camp drama and the behaviour of the journos there was appalling. So I do have some sympathy for those on the end of journos being grubby and hiding it behind doing their job.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:12pm I thought bevo was awesome. The press are vultures and as bevo said at least give the club a heads up
Most on here would be behind ratts if he got stuck into a journo undermining our club
This is precisely the counter point to the argument "it's his job".

If your job is to sneak around and try and find information on someone that you can use as a gotchya moment in a live audience conversation then your job sucks. It's why governments are so distracted, avoiding being tripped up by people who are paid to stick a leg out when you're not expecting it.

I just hope the AFL don't get involved because the game needs livening up.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Seems there's more to Morris. Has been stood down.after some audio / video of him disparaging a co-worker & other claims. Seems Bevo may have some supporters good enough to dredge this up.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:02pm
Banger9798 wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:54pm Good on Bevo.

The media always squeal like stuck pigs when someone has a crack at them....meanwhile they go about their business digging up dirt and calling it news.

f*** the lot of them.
Yep. You get my vote for post of the week, if not the month. :wink:
A player likely to miss team selection due to form issues isn't dirt ..... its legitimate AFL insider news

I am sure we would love to hear today from Morris if ... Grundy or Moore were going to miss tomorrow's match

Its not like Morris completely condemned a player for getting a girl pregnant and trawling the club through the mud only to find out the girl was lying and never pregnant at all and then never apologising for the shocking lazy reporting

Apples and fkn oranges

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah some audio on twitter from one of Morris' mates.

Nice mates he's got. Sold him completely up the river. Then there is another little video of him..

Thats quite probably the last we will see of him.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:39pm Seems there's more to Morris. Has been stood down.after some audio / video of him disparaging a co-worker & other claims. Seems Bevo may have some supporters good enough to dredge this up.
Leaked private convo between mates it seems on WhatsApp

Some mate asked him about a female sports presenter and he said (his opinion) that she was the hottest female at Fox Footy but unfortunately batted for the other side - he also said she was a great bird and good to talk to ...... so agree ..... let's sack him for privately speaking the truth ..... great to see cancel culture is alive and well :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Interesting how many of us are on here in part to get/share ‘insider’ info about the Saints, yet some are condemning journos for doing the exact same thing!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:49pm
Ghost Like wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:39pm Seems there's more to Morris. Has been stood down.after some audio / video of him disparaging a co-worker & other claims. Seems Bevo may have some supporters good enough to dredge this up.
Leaked private convo between mates it seems on WhatsApp

Some mate asked him about a female sports presenter and he said (his opinion) that she was the hottest female at Fox Footy but unfortunately batted for the other side - he also said she was a great bird and good to talk to ...... so agree ..... let's sack him for privately speaking the truth ..... great to see cancel culture is alive and well :twisted:
I'd hate to be cynical but 20 hours ago Bevo was persona non grata and Morris the victim. Three hours ago Bevo issues an apology = good guy. Two hours ago, Morris is stood down after audio made last year is leaked = bad guy.

Timeline may be off but still interesting machinations.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I have no doubt that what Bevo said was true but he was out of line and should have practiced what he preached by handling it behind the scenes. Losing your cool like that is always a bad look. He then tried to do a Stan Grant.

Tom Morris is still a di.ck. I've heard first hand he's a smug prick.

Didn't Tom work at the Saints at one stage in the Club's MM area?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:43pm
saynta wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 5:02pm
Banger9798 wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 2:54pm Good on Bevo.

The media always squeal like stuck pigs when someone has a crack at them....meanwhile they go about their business digging up dirt and calling it news.

f*** the lot of them.
Yep. You get my vote for post of the week, if not the month. :wink:
A player likely to miss team selection due to form issues isn't dirt ..... its legitimate AFL insider news

I am sure we would love to hear today from Morris if ... Grundy or Moore were going to miss tomorrow's match

Its not like Morris completely condemned a player for getting a girl pregnant and trawling the club through the mud only to find out the girl was lying and never pregnant at all and then never apologising for the shocking lazy reporting

Apples and fkn oranges
I think he's selective though on what teams he discusses.

Bevo should be more concerned about the traitor working for him.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
loris
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 6:25pm I have no doubt that what Bevo said was true but he was out of line and should have practiced what he preached by handling it behind the scenes. Losing your cool like that is always a bad look. He then tried to do a Stan Grant.

Morris sure did. He started his footy journo career at Saints.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to know which female sports reporter Morris was talking about :lol:

If Morris is not welcome back at Fox i wonder if the Bulldogs will offer him a job in their media department. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 6:25pm I have no doubt that what Bevo said was true but he was out of line and should have practiced what he preached by handling it behind the scenes. Losing your cool like that is always a bad look. He then tried to do a Stan Grant.

Yep and Yep. The arsehole always has a smug smile or smirk on his ugly face.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 6:39pm

During Ameet Bains time?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Jesse Hogan put some comments on social media, about Morris, saying when Morris worked at the Demons, he was privy to some private conversations and used that info to bolster his own stocks or something.
Cunning and without morals, was the implication.
Then Hogan called him 'an absolute leech of a human' (said it twice) and he also tagged Tom Morris.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 6:48pm I'd like to know which female sports reporter Morris was talking about :lol:

If Morris is not welcome back at Fox i wonder if the Bulldogs will offer him a job in their media department. :lol:
Megan Barnard, apparently an NRL reporter.
Called her 'the best looking chick at Fox by far'
Also mentioned her orientation.
Audio has him also saying 'sorry guys, she has her... licence'

The omitted word refers to products sold at BWS and bottle shops

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 7:13pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 6:48pm I'd like to know which female sports reporter Morris was talking about :lol:

Megan Barnard, apparently an NRL reporter.
Called her 'the best looking chick at Fox by far'
Also mentioned her orientation.
Audio has him also saying 'sorry guys, she has her... licence'

The omitted word refers to products sold at BWS and bottle shops
Thanks WellardSaint.

I wasn't sure i'd work out what the missing word was until i went to the grog shop at the supermarket. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Premium89
Club Player

Can it be both?
Bevo’s rant/spray was a terrible look and uncalled for - he knows better than that.
AND
Tom Morris is a pest and a bit of a smug knob?

Both can be right.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 6:25pm

Oh no !
So tomorrow's headline will be
Racist homophobic misogynist ex St kilda media journo losses job .

In red white and black from 73
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Seen Tom Morris plenty of times and never paid him much attention.

Didn't like him, didn't hate him. Just another footy journo.

Amazes me how much vitriol there is out there.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I like Bevo & after a loss it's hard to be diplomatic but probably went a bit too far IMO only

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Apart from Bevo doing the right thing check it out the cheating w#%s are looking good and that ain’t good And after seeing our preseason form and watching tonight’s game I can’t see us beating either side

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 17 Mar 2022 9:51pm Apart from Bevo doing the right thing check it out the cheating w#%s are looking good and that ain’t good And after seeing our preseason form and watching tonight’s game I can’t see us beating either side
The Blues' skills, quick ball movement, and ability to run hard, are gonna make them a very hard matchup.
I'm genuinely worried, because I don't believe our guys can match them on any line, apart from Steele vs Cripps.
Their team defence will shut down Max n Skunk