Paddy McCartin a Swan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy McCartin a Swan

Played a good quarter.

Hardly touched it for the rest of the game.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Banger9798
SS Life Member

What's the opposite of the Midas touch?
We've got it....

We take Hannaberry.@ 800K...disaster

They take Paddy....early days....but you bet they will have him on hardly any $$....you watch him play finals and flourish.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Very nice to see Paddy become a success in a game with with two ex-St Kilda ruckman.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I'm happy for Paddy & I'm glad he is experiencing a change in fortune he deserves that IMO

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

For anyone who has caught the Sydney games - how has he looked? Stats look pretty good, taking lots of marks, getting intercepts, 1%ers and rebound 50's with good disposal efficiency. I'm interested in how agile and involved he's been, is he playing as a loose intercept player or a genuine key back, his decision making etc.

Shaggy
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 9:15pm Perhaps if we knew he was a CHB we might have chosen Petracca.
Hard to believe Richo couldn't decide between Hickey & Longer & still forgot Marshall was on our list.
Your memory seems a bit bent. Marshall played CHF/Ruck 12 games in 2018 in his 2nd year at the club. Hickey 13 games and Longer 5 games. Hickey was then traded out because Marshall was better.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 11:17pm What's the opposite of the Midas touch?
We've got it....

We take Hannaberry.@ 800K...disaster

They take Paddy....early days....but you bet they will have him on hardly any $$....you watch him play finals and flourish.
Yep
Often our players go to other clubs , play a different role and immediately look a better player .
Makes you wonder why we never tried said player in another role.

Paddy looks fitter .
Playing out of the backline in a intercept role suits him . Took 9 marks had 10 kicks v the cats 🐈 tonight
As a key forward you have to go for those big marks and whether you take them or not , you're always going to cop one or two backmans elbow or fist crunching the back of your head .
Now in the role he's playing , if he can't take the grab then he's the one doing the crunching .
Having said that , with his history he still could come off second best in a contest .
Hope all goes well for him though.

In red white and black from 73
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Sat 26 Mar 2022 12:58am
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 25 Mar 2022 9:15pm Perhaps if we knew he was a CHB we might have chosen Petracca.
Hard to believe Richo couldn't decide between Hickey & Longer & still forgot Marshall was on our list.
Your memory seems a bit bent. Marshall played CHF/Ruck 12 games in 2018 in his 2nd year at the club. Hickey 13 games and Longer 5 games. Hickey was then traded out because Marshall was better.
You are right shaggy but for some reason I feel we mucked around with Hickey & Longer, going back and forth, until last man standing (desperation) annointed Marshall as our ruckman. I may be wrong.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Sat 26 Mar 2022 12:19am For anyone who has caught the Sydney games - how has he looked? Stats look pretty good, taking lots of marks, getting intercepts, 1%ers and rebound 50's with good disposal efficiency. I'm interested in how agile and involved he's been, is he playing as a loose intercept player or a genuine key back, his decision making etc.
I thought he looked good, definitely wasn't a loose man in defence. He's able to watch the ball coming in and react to it rather than dictate where the ball must go. He peeled off his man and moved as far up as the wing at times.

He does not offer run, that's not his role. He positions for the sideways / backwards outlet kick. He's not a tackling machine but at least laid one tackle.

Sydney play a very good defensive game, their mids work hard back. Sydney's defensive strategy and setup has allowed him to seamlessly settle into a position. I look forward to watching him on bigger grounds.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Playing CHB on the SCG would be a lot easier than on a quick ground like Marvel or a big wide MCG.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL