Do we need to talk about Cooper?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do we need to talk about Cooper?

Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 2:30pm
wally wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 1:07pm I was really impressed last year with his marking and kicking he seemed to find space and pack mark. I don’t think he did much tackling or pressure chasing but my memory could be wrong.
If you look at what Membrey does without the ball for example he looks stuffed but keeps chasing and presenting. I wonder if that is Sharman’s shortfall?
If you watch a replay of his 320 minute long career you'll notice he was given lots of space and freedom by the opposition coaches to practice his marking and kicking.
In his three full games he lead the team for contested marks twice. What games were you watching?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 7:43pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 2:30pm
wally wrote: Sat 23 Apr 2022 1:07pm I was really impressed last year with his marking and kicking he seemed to find space and pack mark. I don’t think he did much tackling or pressure chasing but my memory could be wrong.
If you look at what Membrey does without the ball for example he looks stuffed but keeps chasing and presenting. I wonder if that is Sharman’s shortfall?
If you watch a replay of his 320 minute long career you'll notice he was given lots of space and freedom by the opposition coaches to practice his marking and kicking.
In his three full games he lead the team for contested marks twice. What games were you watching?
I will admit freely Kosi that I am only using the eye test.

santazzi
Club Player

Hey Sunny Ernie are you the first to use St kilda as a verb as in "They have St Kilda'd him!!!"
Fascinating addition to the English language: To st KIlda someone meaning to snuff their natural ability and/or confidence.