Travis Boak "Toughest conditions hes played in"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Travis Boak "Toughest conditions hes played in"

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 3:53pm lol, nah I'm just not a precious / mentally weak as you (I doubt many are)

"The other team got 8 days break while we only got 7.5 days, also it's a little bit muddy in the forward pocket, so no point in even running out on the field today boys, we've got no chance" - Curly addressing his team before a game

:lol:
Oh Dud you have no clue. Fan forum commenting on how difficult the conditions are has no bearing on StKilda or how I would address a team. You have no idea at all.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 3:53pm lol, nah I'm just not a precious / mentally weak as you (I doubt many are)

"The other team got 8 days break while we only got 7.5 days, also it's a little bit muddy in the forward pocket, so no point in even running out on the field today boys, we've got no chance" - Curly addressing his team before a game

You are arguing with Travis Boak mate. Think.about that for just a second. After a deep breath.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

I said it last Saturday that both Port and us will be badly handicapped for this week's games as it takes more than a week to recover from playing in those conditions.
We should be having a bye this week.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 5:43pm

You are arguing with Travis Boak mate. Think.about that for just a second. After a deep breath.
Gawd. Harsh isn’t he.

I think both are right.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

https://afltables.com/afl/venues/cazaly ... um_gm.html

Here’s every game played there. Nearly all played there after rd.15.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 5:43pm

Where am I arguing with Boak?

If you have any quotes from him saying Port had a huge unfair advantage due to the conditions, or that the ball was like a bar of soap, or that set shot goal kicking was virtually impossible, please let me know.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:26pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:21pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 12:44pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:48am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:36am lol, not 3.10 difficult.

Why is it always someone / something elses fault, never the teams, with you? Always looking for excuses and playing the victim...

Poor execution cost us the game, that' it.
Why do you always go against everything StKilda do? Why is it impossible for you to simply state the obvious as it's clear to everyone that the conditions worked against us and will this week.
Both, Teams. Played. In. The. Same. Conditions.

One was 5-1, the other 1-5.

I'm putting the blame on St Kilda because it's obvious to everyone (even Ratts) that our execution was the overwhelming factor.

Unless you're playing in gale-force winds down by the ocean, 4.18 (and 3.10 from set shots) is no where near acceptable for an AFL team.
What are you using as a comparison to make that call? Doubt very much Ratten would come out and say stuff playing in that s*** again it cost us a game.
Kingy cost us the game. Missed 2 set shots on goal an Auskicker would have nailed.
Are you serious you think Max cost us the game :? He kicked 2 of our 4 goals & he missed 2 shots in very difficult conditions . Sure they looked easy but very slippery ball & how many did Gresh miss so to blame Max for the loss is just rubbish IMO anyway

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 8:02pm

Why is it always someone / something elses fault, never the teams, with you? Always looking for excuses and playing the victim...

Why do you always go against everything StKilda do? Why is it impossible for you to simply state the obvious as it's clear to everyone that the conditions worked against us and will this week.

I'm putting the blame on St Kilda because it's obvious to everyone (even Ratts) that our execution was the overwhelming factor.

Unless you're playing in gale-force winds down by the ocean, 4.18 (and 3.10 from set shots) is no where near acceptable for an AFL team.
What are you using as a comparison to make that call? Doubt very much Ratten would come out and say stuff playing in that s*** again it cost us a game.
Kingy cost us the game. Missed 2 set shots on goal an Auskicker would have nailed.
Are you serious you think Max cost us the game :? He kicked 2 of our 4 goals & he missed 2 shots in very difficult conditions . Sure they looked easy but very slippery ball & how many did Gresh miss so to blame Max for the loss is just rubbish IMO anyway
It's the goals he missed, not the ones he got, very easy goals to kick, especially the 20m goal directly in front. It still a part of his game that needs a lot of work.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 8:47pm

It's the goals he missed, not the ones he got, very easy goals to kick, especially the 20m goal directly in front. It still a part of his game that needs a lot of work.
Everyone misses goals but to blame Max for the loss is as I said rubbish IMO

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 7:03pm https://afltables.com/afl/venues/cazaly ... um_gm.html

Here’s every game played there. Nearly all played there after rd.15.
Yep, that's right, all games after the wet season is over...except ours and the North V Gold Coast game. Crickey the North V GCS game was round 1 and if my memory serves me correctly that was the game where there was about 200mm of rain before the game and the players were playing literally in ankle deep water.

Also interesting to note the Dogs four games from 2014 to 2017 (in July and August and not in the bloody wet season), were all victories and one of those was in their premiership year, I can't remember their players complaining and it didn't stop them winning a flag in 2016.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 8:53pm

Almost as much rubbish to blame a venue or weather condition huh.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Travis Boak is lucky his career has been played in the 2000's.

How'd Boak go here?
Obviously the VFL had it in for us scheduling us to play at the South Pole in hail.

Don't think Boak would enjoy getting his white shorts dirty in this match.
Saints were scheduled to play and sent our hoses down from Moorabbin, but a late fixture change saw as play as the 2nd match in a double header following this match, in the dark with no TV cameras.

Apparently Boak is scared of the dark, so wouldn't have enjoyed this match.
The Saints were on a roll and coming back at the druggies so the VFL turned off the lights to halt our momentum.

Gee it wasn't even the worst weather at 'Up there' Cazaly stadium for an AFL match.
This game was 43 degress in heat, 120% humidity and pissing down.
There was even a croc on the ground at 1/2 time.

Luck Boak wasn't there for this game where once again the non swimming Saints were sent into the eye of Cyclone Winston.
The game was called off after David Armitage and Luke Dunstan refused to swim between the flags and had to be rescued from a rip by a Life Guard on a jet ski.

Time to harden up Mr Boak.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The Suns kicked 7.13 and North 5.9 in that game.

Lucky for them it wasn’t as wet as our game Saturday night, they clearly had it easy to covert so well!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 9:42pm The Suns kicked 7.13 and North 5.9 in that game.

Lucky for them it wasn’t as wet as our game Saturday night, they clearly had it easy to covert so well!
So 12-22 for the game. Is that good is it?

Also just checking does the SCG have a roof?

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 9:01pm

I

I'm not blaming the venue or the conditions both teams had to deal with the same exactly the same issues I said IMO it was rubbish to blame Max for the loss & I stick to that claim .

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 12:10pm

I

I'm not blaming the venue or the conditions both teams had to deal with the same exactly the same issues I said IMO it was rubbish to blame Max for the loss & I stick to that claim .
All good bangers, Max Kicks that set shot 20m directly in front and we win. No harm in being honest about observations with the eyeball.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 12:18pm
bangaulegend wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 12:10pm

I

All good bangers, Max Kicks that set shot 20m directly in front and we win. No harm in being honest about observations with the eyeball.
We will have to agree to disagree there were a lot of things that happened during the game that you could blame but to single out 1 individual for the loss is petty but hey thats IMO :wink:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:46am Yep Boak said in an interview that Cairns was the toughest conditions he had ever played in. He said they another game on before which chopped up the ground, I can't believe the AFL allowed that.

With the above in mind, I can't see how our blokes can recover in time to match it with the Dees. Good old AFL have shafted us once again with the draw.
How so? We sold the game, not the AFL? The AFL gave us an 8 day break. Yeah the scheduling sucked playing in April but surely 8 days is long enough for us not to use it as an excuse?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 12:48pm
We will have to agree to disagree there were a lot of things that happened during the game that you could blame but to single out 1 individual for the loss is petty but hey thats IMO :wink:
Agrees Bangers. Hey but don't get me wrong, there's a lot of man love for Kingy. Let's hope the headlines after Sundays game is about King Buddy and the first forward to kick 10 since a Buddy.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 10:31am Odd to hear considering many on here said it was a non factor going forward.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

iF haNNaberRy pleYEd wE wIn

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

resaintlee wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 3:01pm It didn’t rain, where I was sitting behind the goal, during the game.
Nor where I was on the outer wing!

Max needs to stop twirling the ball as he strolls in to kick.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 10:31am Odd to hear considering many on here said it was a non factor going forward.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Is it at all possible that Boak was trying to play mind games with the Dogs?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sat 07 May 2022 10:22am Is it at all possible that Boak was trying to play mind games with the Dogs?
Obviously the conditions had no effect on the skills last week as seen by the score line in the Port v WB game