AFL says sorry to female umpires.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: AFL says sorry to female umpires.

CURLY wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 4:02pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 3:56pm
CURLY wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 3:42pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 2:54pm
saynta wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 2:41pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 2:29pm
saynta wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 10:55am Whispers in the sky was a blatant case of umpires cheating a side they were pissed off with and makes a mockery of your sanctimonious sentence which I have quoted below, no matter how long ago that happened.

"Anyone who does not understand the rules and gets emotional accusing umpires or conspiracy, bias and blatant cheating should hang their head in shame for contributing to these issue."
The umpires got even with Thomas as they didn't like his criticism of their ranks in 2005, hence Whispers.
Would you agree with this summation?

If so, are you suggesting that the umpires still cheat against us in 2022 because of this isolated incident 17 years ago?

Do you blame Scott Morrison for John Howard's 2005 policies?
Is Grant Thomas to blame for Max King's goal kicking yips?
Could Rod Butterrs have quashed the Hanneberry deal?

Which umpires cheat and what is their motivation to do so?
You are an ex lawyer, surely motive is relevant in this instance.

How are they cheating against us when we are positive for free kicks in 2022?
Why is the AFL biased against us, does it relate back to 2005?
Why were the umpires cheating in our favor in 2009 & 2010?

I can't help that there are posters on this site that do not understand the rules of AFL football and can only fall back on bias, cheating and conspiracy to explain inconsistencies, difficult rules to adjudicate & sometimes incompetence.

Perhaps there is an anti Saint umpire in the ranks, perhaps some Saints were mouthing off from time to time and this had a negative effect in some instances, and other possibilities. But this moronic insistence week in week out that all umpires are blatant cheats and we are on the bad end of every AFL & umpiring decision is pure fantasy and the ramblings of individuals with an extremely low IQ.
You don't really expect a civil answer to the crap posted by you do you? More than happy with the umpiring this year anyway and glad to see you acknowledge that umpires can and do cheat for whatever reason.

I do understand the rules as do most followers of the game do despite your 'ramblings" to the contrary.
I am of no doubt that Whispers in the sky was true and that those umpires deliberately favored Freo.

Perhaps as an avid follower of the games with a clear understanding of the rules you could share with me another instance since Whispers in the sky where umpires cheated against St Kilda, better still Blatantly Cheated.

Which are the umpires who cheat against us and what is their motivation to do so?
2009 GF the umpire put his whistle to his mouth when Sneider was clearly held then refused to pay a free kick.

You’ve posted your Tinder photo on Saintsational champ.

Yep, I'm using your wedding pic as my Tinder profile to attract the LADIESSSSSS! :lol:
Thanks for letting me use it!
Don't forget to thank your husband for agreeing to let me use it.
Some spouses might be jealous.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 4:30pm
saynta wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 10:55am Whispers in the sky was a blatant case of umpires cheating a side they were pissed off with and makes a mockery of your sanctimonious sentence which I have quoted below, no matter how long ago that happened.

"Anyone who does not understand the rules and gets emotional accusing umpires or conspiracy, bias and blatant cheating should hang their head in shame for contributing to these issue."
The umpires got even with Thomas as they didn't like his criticism of their ranks in 2005, hence Whispers.

If so, are you suggesting that the umpires still cheat against us in 2022 because of this isolated incident 17 years ago?

I can't help that there are posters on this site that do not understand the rules of AFL football and can only fall back on bias, cheating and conspiracy to explain inconsistencies, difficult rules to adjudicate & sometimes incompetence.

Perhaps there is an anti Saint umpire in the ranks, perhaps some Saints were mouthing off from time to time and this had a negative effect in some instances, and other possibilities. But this moronic insistence week in week out that all umpires are blatant cheats and we are on the bad end of every AFL & umpiring decision is pure fantasy and the ramblings of individuals with an extremely low IQ.
You don't really expect a civil answer to the crap posted by you do you? More than happy with the umpiring this year anyway and glad to see you acknowledge that umpires can and do cheat for whatever reason.

I do understand the rules as do most followers of the game do despite your 'ramblings" to the contrary.
I am of no doubt that Whispers in the sky was true and that those umpires deliberately favored Freo.

Perhaps as an avid follower of the games with a clear understanding of the rules you could share with me another instance since Whispers in the sky where umpires cheated against St Kilda, better still Blatantly Cheated.

Which are the umpires who cheat against us and what is their motivation to do so?
2009 GF the umpire put his whistle to his mouth when Sneider was clearly held then refused to pay a free kick.

Yep, I'm using your wedding pic as my Tinder profile to attract the LADIESSSSSS! :lol:

In other words you can’t reply

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wot curly said. :wink: :wink: There are plenty of other examples if I could be f***ed doing any research for you.

Anyway you should not be posting offensive selfies on a footy site. :roll: :roll: :roll:

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 5:24pm

Wot curly said. :wink: :wink: There are plenty of other examples if I could be f***ed doing any research for you.

Anyway you should not be posting offensive selfies on a footy site. :roll: :roll: :roll:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selfie

Just posted a link so you know what a selfie is grandpa.
Can you take a selfie with a box brownie?

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I’m enjoying this thread but FFS stop the damn endless quoting!!!! Anyone reading knows who said what previously. Just post without the quotes Please?

Ok back to it

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 5:04pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 4:30pm

In other words you can’t reply
Very funny, Saintsational’s premiere wordsmith making comment on an ability to reply.

You even managed to spell check your post 👍

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Well, haven't we all strayed from the topic?

Two or three posts about the disgusting abuse that female umpires have had to endure and then it descended into a tit-for-tat quote fest.

Isn't there a whole separate thread to put your whinges about umpiring?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 5:47pm Well, haven't we all strayed from the topic?

Two or three posts about the disgusting abuse that female umpires have had to endure and then it descended into a tit-for-tat quote fest.

Isn't there a whole separate thread to put your whinges about umpiring?
Yes and no I suppose. Yes the female umpires have been subjected to abuse, sexual harassment and sexist comments with the bulk of it coming from in house...from their fellow umpires and coaches. Poor show all round.

:evil: :evil:

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

and never from the players themselves
or worse
THE CROWD

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 6:41pm and never from the players themselves
or worse
THE CROWD
The umps say they don't have a problem with players. The crowds are whole different ball game.
Last edited by saynta on Sat 07 May 2022 1:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 8:30pm
sunsaint wrote: Thu 05 May 2022 6:41pm and never from the players themselves
or worse
THE CROWD
The umps say they don't have a problem with players. The crowds are whole differnet ball game.
MOD EDIT……..Poster suspended for 24 hours for personal abuse

They cop it from everywhere, including from old blokes on internet fan forums.

Glouftsis, the first female field umpire at AFL level, said: “While umpiring juniors through to state league level, I’ve worn uniforms that don’t fit, used change rooms that impose segregation and have had my ability to perform questioned due to my gender by spectators, players, coaches, the media, umpiring peers and umpiring coaches”.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.