Ladder drop

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Ladder drop

Cats beat Doggies.
Cats now 4th.
We're 5th.
We play Lions, Cats have a bye, then play WCE.
Potentially, we may slip again.
Ohhh dear
Can someone do the Ladder Predictor for Round 14
After Lions win, and Cats win

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the β€πŸ€πŸ–€ and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Ladder drop

IMO It is what it is , if we are good enough we will make it if were not we won't. It's up to us ,we control our own destiny we have made an impressive start just need to keep the same effort going & the rest will take care of it's self .

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Ladder positions are counter intuitive, even though Geelong have played an extra game. We are better than Freo & Geelong - beaten them both - but they are higher.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

bangaulegend wrote: ↑Fri 03 Jun 2022 11:48pm IMO It is what it is , if we are good enough we will make it if were not we won't. It's up to us ,we control our own destiny we have made an impressive start just need to keep the same effort going & the rest will take care of it's self .
Depends what you want from the year.

To play off in the GF? Then our tough run home isn't a problem. if we're good enough, we'll get to the GF anyway.

To make the finals becuase this is just another building year? Then our tough draw could prevent us from getting there.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: ↑Fri 03 Jun 2022 11:59pm Ladder positions are counter intuitive, even though Geelong have played an extra game. We are better than Freo & Geelong - beaten them both - but they are higher.
Brisbane have only played Geelong and the Swans and are 1 and 1 from top 8 battles. They could be found out in the next 4 weeks against Freo , then us and then Melbourne and the Bulldogs after the bye. They also face Richmond, the Suns, GWS and Carlton, all capable of upsetting Brisbane's run to the finals, before playing us again with only 1 easy win against Essendon in Rnd. 17 but face Melbourne again in the last round.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: ↑Fri 03 Jun 2022 11:34pm Cats beat Doggies.
Cats now 4th.
We're 5th.
Ohhh dear

We have a bye.....and so comparing the ladder for movements is pretty pointless at present.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Banger9798
SS Life Member

6 goals to Cameron the difference....just shows how well Wilkie shut him down for us.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 7:02am 6 goals to Cameron the difference....just shows how well Wilkie shut him down for us.
Against us, he got 10 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 marks
I goal 2 behinds
AF points 73

I think Wilkie might have played him so closely, that he spent more time away from goal to try to shake him off.
Great effort from Wilkie

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the β€πŸ€πŸ–€ and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 1:15pm
Banger9798 wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 7:02am 6 goals to Cameron the difference....just shows how well Wilkie shut him down for us.
Against us, he got 10 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 marks
I goal 2 behinds
AF points 73

I think Wilkie might have played him so closely, that he spent more time away from goal to try to shake him off.
Great effort from Wilkie
Battle and Howard were ok too.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 12:39am
Yorkeys wrote: ↑Fri 03 Jun 2022 11:59pm Ladder positions are counter intuitive, even though Geelong have played an extra game. We are better than Freo & Geelong - beaten them both - but they are higher.
Brisbane have only played Geelong and the Swans and are 1 and 1 from top 8 battles. They could be found out in the next 4 weeks against Freo , then us and then Melbourne and the Bulldogs after the bye. They also face Richmond, the Suns, GWS and Carlton, all capable of upsetting Brisbane's run to the finals, before playing us again with only 1 easy win against Essendon in Rnd. 17 but face Melbourne again in the last round.
Brisbane are not a great side. They are a good side. I put the Bulldogs in front of them at the moment.
Same with the Swans. They're good, but not very good.
We need to keep beatingn them now and not fall into old habits of dropping games to sides sitting around us on the ladder.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: ↑Fri 03 Jun 2022 11:59pm ….. We are better than Freo & Geelong - beaten them both - ….
WTF?

Beaten yes.
Better?

Our win over Geelong was brilliant, but it could have easily swung the other way. Rowan wasn’t playing either. And they had a key player go down* *(if my shaky memory serves)

I reckon we are a 50/50 proposition against both of those teams.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: ↑Fri 03 Jun 2022 11:59pm ….. We are better than Freo & Geelong - beaten them both - ….
WTF?

Beaten yes.
Better?

Our win over Geelong was brilliant, but it could have easily swung the other way. Rowan wasn’t playing either. And they had a key player go down* *(if my shaky memory serves)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
stkfc1
Club Player

We're a red hot chance against the Lions. They're not travelling that well. Been fairly average last few weeks. Playing Freo and then have us coming off a 6 day break. We have a good record up there also. I'm bullish!!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 4:47pm
WTF?

Beaten yes.
Better?

Was it Jack Steele?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

WTF?

Beaten yes.
Better?

Shane, do you go to the footy? If so your WTF seems out of line because our wins have not been flukes, they have played damned well.
If you are watching from afar, try it without the commentary, the commentariat are wetting themselves over Freo and Geelong, dismissing us in the process.

Non comprende the negativity about the way we are travelling. At the moment we are better than Freo and Geelong, both very good teams.

WTF, indeed. Sure Rohan not playing, neither Clark or Steele for a lot of the match and if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle.

Sure we might not continue our form, but at the moment we are the real deal finalists. Hope it continues because I am enjoying it without feeling uncomfortable about it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

WTF?

Beaten yes.
Better?

Rowan? Rowan not Rohan is a bona fide hack!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 5:28pm We're a red hot chance against the Lions. They're not travelling that well. Been fairly average last few weeks. Playing Freo and then have us coming off a 6 day break. We have a good record up there also. I'm bullish!!
Me too. I have a good feeling about this game.

Means SFA though.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 7:13pm
WTF?

Beaten yes.
Better?

Shane, do you go to the footy? If so your WTF seems out of line because our wins have not been flukes, they have played damned well.
If you are watching from afar, try it without the commentary, the commentariat are wetting themselves over Freo and Geelong, dismissing us in the process.

Non comprende the negativity about the way we are travelling. At the moment we are better than Freo and Geelong, both very good teams.

WTF, indeed. Sure Rohan not playing, neither Clark or Steele for a lot of the match and if my aunty had balls she would be my uncle.

Sure we might not continue our form, but at the moment we are the real deal finalists. Hope it continues because I am enjoying it without feeling uncomfortable about it.
Shane is in Japan and has lived there for a while (he moved there in early 97, according to one of his posts).

He isn't a member (due to living overseas) and only gets game info from this forum pretty much. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sat 04 Jun 2022 10:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

realdeal
Club Player

Cats now 4th.
We're 5th.
Ohhh dear
Geelong play Nth AND WC twice to our once.. thats a free 8 points extra.. We have a tough draw but i guess if we're to do well wlit doesn't matter who we play..

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 9:56pm
Cats now 4th.
We're 5th.
Ohhh dear
Geelong play Nth AND WC twice to our once.. thats a free 8 points extra.. We have a tough draw but i guess if we're to do well wlit doesn't matter who we play..
Ohh.....
One poster on here has called the 'fixture' a 'FIXture' as it seems fixed

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Well...Swans beating Dees πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Hopefully we can sort out our clearances (Norf won the clearances in our game, by a decent margin)
And we can beat the Dees too.
Looking at the next 2 rounds, Blues play Injectors, Swans play Power.
They win those games, we lose to Bris, and we drop to 7th or 8th πŸ™ŠπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 9:46pm
Yorkeys wrote: ↑Sat 04 Jun 2022 7:13pm
WTF?

Beaten yes.
Better?

Shane is in Japan and has lived there for a while (he moved there in early 97, according to one of his posts).

He isn't a member (due to living overseas) and only gets game info from this forum pretty much. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
No excuse not to be a member, imho.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'm struggling to be too worried about exactly where we are on the table at this stage of the season, or what our percentage is. As I see it, if we can win 5 of our remaining 11 games, we'll finish in the 8 easily. If we can repeat our performance in the first half of the season of winning 8 out of 11, we should make the top 4.

To get to 5 wins, we need to beat Essendon, the Eagles, the Hawks, and any two out of Carlton, the Bulldogs and our three home games against the Dockers, the Lions and the Swans (in Melbourne)

To get to 8 wins, we need to win all of the above games and, if we lose any, we'll have to compensate by winning one or more out of Brisbane (in Brisbane), Swans (in Sydney), Geelong (in Geelong)

If we can play like we did against Richmond (in the second half) and Hawthorn, I reckon we could get to 8 wins, but it won't be easy. 5 wins are surely achievable, and there's an outside chance that we might still make the finals if we only win 4 out of 11. But if we were to fade that badly in the second half of the season, I'm not sure that we'd have much to look forward to in the finals.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: ↑Sun 05 Jun 2022 3:41pm I'm struggling to be too worried about exactly where we are on the table at this stage of the season, or what our percentage is. As I see it, if we can win 5 of our remaining 11 games, we'll finish in the 8 easily. If we can repeat our performance in the first half of the season of winning 8 out of 11, we should make the top 4.

To get to 5 wins, we need to beat Essendon, the Eagles, the Hawks, and any two out of Carlton, the Bulldogs and our three home games against the Dockers, the Lions and the Swans (in Melbourne)

To get to 8 wins, we need to win all of the above games and, if we lose any, we'll have to compensate by winning one or more out of Brisbane (in Brisbane), Swans (in Sydney), Geelong (in Geelong)

If we can play like we did against Richmond (in the second half) and Hawthorn, I reckon we could get to 8 wins, but it won't be easy. 5 wins are surely achievable, and there's an outside chance that we might still make the finals if we only win 4 out of 11. But if we were to fade that badly in the second half of the season, I'm not sure that we'd have much to look forward to in the finals.
Steele will be back in 4 weeks, i.e. 3 wks after the bye.
But we can still win without him, and have done.

I worry about our very tough draw.
We've done better than I thought we would have, 8-3, but the tough games will reveal where we are.
I think we'll be just on the cusp of 8th spot at Rd 23.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

By the looks of it the ladder is going to be very crowded from 1st to 12th come end of season, the difference between top 4 and missing the 8 could be just 1-2 wins.

The Brisbane game next week is your quintessential 8 point game.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.