The Flux We Hate the Bye Round Report: or a mid season report or a quiz or a poll.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Who will earnest Ted finally settle on to be the choach of the Saintas'?

Ro$$ Lyin
No votes
Alfred E Neuman
No votes
GT
No votes
Alfred E Neuman
No votes
Nathan FIGJAM
7%
Alfred E Neuman
7%
The Toxic Gnome
No votes
Alfred E Neuman
No votes
Norm Smith
13%
Alfred E Neuman
7%
No one. Having a choach is overrated - just ask Big.Marmot
67%

Total votes: 15

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux We Hate the Bye Round Report: or a mid season report or a quiz or a poll.

The Flux We Hate the Bye Round :evil: Report: or a mid season report or a quiz or a poll.......... is proudly sponsored by............

Guaranteed to work against Daughters of Beaches key forwards! :lol:

And,

For when life just sucks.

As used and recommended by Scotty from Marketing. :mrgreen:

Once again the ass-assessment committee is incontinent, Rodger <swoon> is incognito, earnest Ted is in suspension (poetic license), and Nosher is indisposed. Word is from earnest Ted's source (sauce?) that Nosher has abandoned his plans to convince Gestapo HQ to erect that statue to St Seb. Instead, Nosher has seized on the opportunity provided by the federal election, and he's off to Can'tberra to see his new mate Albo'tross, hoping to have the St Seb statue erected in the main hall at parliament grass.

So in other words, as ever, don't expect much from the following........

And speaking of recent results, and the ensuing fallout...

Announcement of the week:
Here at the Flummoxed Report we love it when we have a hand in a choach falling on his sword. And it's been a bit of a wait. Last was when we beat the Fruit Tingles by over 100 points. But after that job on the blue mob last weekend we've scored another notch for the gun barrel. :D

But now the question that has to be asked is, are we ever going to see his face again? That question has been emphatically answered.

Mid season reviews

Improved/improved us.
Joe King. Really like how he's pushing off opponents more. Growing in confidence. Now, he just needs to listen to Big.Marmot and bloody well lead more Joe!!!
Sinkers. Hell, he's even sticking tackles!!!
Seb. Amazing what a bit of though and care going into how you dispose of the footy can do.
Doogie. No doubt Big.Marmot's criticisms are ringing in his ears.
Paddy. Joke that he got suspended when that Dawk ran into him.
The Marshall. Getting back to pre foot injury form.
Headless Chook. See what a difference it makes when he isn't played in defence.
Mackenzie. Reckon he's improved his game a bit more on last year's break out season.
Wood. Playing career best form. Has always had all the tools, but now seems to have found his mojo. Seems the penny may finally have dropped.
N-W-Aeon-M, Mitichito, Windy. All three have played more games, and sooner, than expected. And haven't been found wanting. Now, N-W-Aeon-M just has to get that monkey off his back and kick that first goal!
Jack Hayes. Mobile. Can take a grab. Will never die wondering. Can even kick straight! A favourite at the Flute Report. Looking forward to your return in 2023 Jack.
Lieno'. Ok, limited opportunities, but has still shown he was a smart pick up by us.
Missy. Like Jimmy, we just don't get the lack of love??? The bloke is a star, but he also has even more upside.
The Gresh'. Effectively like a new recruit. Another bloke who cops the flak. Another bloke who is a star. And now he's a top line clearance mid too.
Battle. We wanted Josh playing forward, not back. We were wrong.
Crouch. Yet another who inexplicably seems to draw little love. A star!
Jake Batchelor!!! Before this bloke, the Sandy choaches' reports were little more than insulting BS. Every week, every Saints' list player would play a blinder, or at worst, a decent game. Yet, somehow, Sandy kept losing. The problem was that the previous choaches clearly didn't know how to express an honest critique of a player tactfully within the public forum. Batchelor knows how to!
Nick Walsh!!!!

Haven't Dropped Off:
Members.
Jimmy the Cat. Why is there so little love for Jimmy??? The bloke is a star.
Wilkie. Enough said.
Clarke bloody Kent! Was crap at AFL level. Still is crap at AFL level! Delist!

Haven't been able to contribute optimally:
Clark (no 'e').
Coff. As with Clark (no 'e'), getting fit and taking the next step form-wise would be a humongous boost for us.
Steele.
Ryan Bybes (with an 's').
Bytel.
Leo C.
The Butler. Yes, a good response back at Sandy. But we'll need to see a bit more of that before a return is warranted.
Billings. About to turn 27. Still missing straight forward shots on goal. Still needs to up his two way running. Becoming conundrum. Do we run with the 'he's a cream on the cake type in good teams', or do we trade him whilst he has currency?
The Sharman. In this category for two reasons. We have not bloody well played him till now! (Happy Gaz? :wink: ) His team mates still ignore this bloke's leads!!!! This bloke is a ripper. Must play him. And we must bloody well honour his leads!!!
Gears'. A massive thank you and farewell game time.
Hanners'.

For the Teddy Bears:
INS:
Missy must come in next game.

OUTSKI:
Clarke bloody Kent!!! Hasn't put in a decent performance since public telephone boxes disappeared. He's an out every week till he's out of the club!
Not sure who else(?) Whoever it is will be very unlucky.

End of season departure candidates:
Clarke bloody Kent!!! The priority delisting!!!
Gears.
(Hopefully not) Paddy. He wants to play on in 2023, but there's always that concern that he's only the one decent soft tissue injury (or stupid Dawk running into him :evil: ) away from us losing him. (Happy Gaz? :wink: )

Joyce. We'd probably go with True Believer's assessment, and keep the bloke as a cheap key defence back up. Adams will need time.
Campbell. Probably keep. He's better than Billy No Stats. But definitely look around to see if we can find a worthwhile upgrade on him. And speaking of this, the only way we could justify picking up Rory Lobb (aka, one of footy's greatest underachievers) would be if he cost about the same as Campbell. He won't though.
Billings. He's almost 27. The penny needs to drop. Wouldn't rule out a suitable trade.
Allison. Talk about a slow burn! Hope the spark doesn't blow out before the fire gets burning. Must show something next season, or that's it.

At The Fluke Report we hate the bye round. So what are other Saintsationalists doing to pass the bye/bi and large round?

Captain CQ Saint is going sailing with Trev from the Boat. (Though word is there may be an issue re the state of readiness of Captain CQ Saint's salmon trousers.)

And here's another little montage. Prizes are offered for correctly identifying each Saintsationalist. Contact HarryM to choose an award winning gourmet quiche of your choice. Or Big Marmot for a one-on-one masterclass in how to become a suburban sporting legend, or, how improve your spelling and grammar. (At least somewhat.)

Meanwhile, word is from earnest Ted's source (sauce?) this could be footage of Sam Fisher taken shortly be his arrest.

And then there's young Loris. Still hustling the unsuspecting.

And speaking of Loris. Time for a little bit of Kinky for Loris. With apologies. It's been way too long. :oops:

And in his latest gift to Saintsational, earnest Ted has provided his bye/bi and large week recommended reading list.
earnest Ted wrote: Tue 24 May 2022 1:31am Children’s Books that Didn’t Make It
>
> 1.You Are Different and That’s Bad
> 2.The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables
> 3.Dad’s New Wife Robert
> 4.Fun four-letter Words to Know and Share
> 5.Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An I-Can-Do-It Book
> 6.The Kids’ Guide to Hitchhiking
> 7.Kathy Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her
> 8.Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence
> 9.All Cats Go to Hell
> 10.The Little Sissy Who Snitched
> 11.Some Kittens Can Fly
> 12.That’s it, I’m Putting You Up for Adoption
> 13.Grandpa Gets a Casket
> 14.The Magic World Inside the Abandoned Refrigerator
> 15.Garfield Gets Feline Leukemia
> 16.The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy
> 17.Strangers Have the Best Candy
> 18.Whining, Kicking and Crying to Get Your Way
> 19.You Were an Accident
> 20.Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will
> 21.Pop! Goes The Hamster...And Other Great Microwave Games
> 22.The Man in the Moon Is Actually Satan
> 23.Your Nightmares Are Real
> 24.Where Would You Like to Be Buried?
> 25.Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Your School
> 26.Why Can’t Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?
> 27.Places Where Mommy and Daddy Hide Neat Things
> 28.Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
> 29.Green Eggs and Crack

It's that time again. Posts of the week, and other post categories that make even less sense. :D

'Posts' of the week:
Goose is king wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 8:29pm
earnest Ted wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 8:02pm
bangaulegend wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 7:51pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Thu 19 May 2022 2:17pm My sources have a huge one for us!!! Geary is in the ones this week
I think your sources are duds or do you just make this sh-t up no mention of Geary in the final squad :roll:
That's twice in a row now my sources have got it wrong ffs :roll:

I repeat. Those voices in your head are not sources
Harsh. But very funny. :lol:

Though to be fair, earnest Teddy's source (sauce?) did actually nail it this time. Gears was in the ones.

For Sandy. :D

earnest Ted wrote: Tue 24 May 2022 11:29am I would also consider resting King as well. Allison can come in for a week. Very underrated player IMHFO.
On a roll Ted..........? :shock:
saynt Nosher wrote: Sun 15 May 2022 6:13pmWe actually don't need any more mids, imhfo.

But we could use Xerri, Amon and De Goey.
:?
saynta wrote: Sun 15 May 2022 6:13pm Bytel, Bybes, Owen, Windhager and Connolly.
Better late than never. :)

These users also thanked the author Nosher for the post:
Ryan Bybes (with an 's')

saynta wrote: Sat 21 May 2022 11:46am
Sebastian Tombs wrote: Fri 20 May 2022 12:25pm Absolute Flog , Sadly this club has a history of holding on too players who are just grubs. One of the many great things Grant Thomas did for our club was to f*** this s*** stain off
to :roll:
To. :wink:
loris wrote: Fri 03 Jun 2022 5:35pm
saynt Nosher wrote: Fri 03 Jun 2022 3:32pm
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote: Fri 03 Jun 2022 12:53pmAnyone like to catch up for a beer & a chat at the Saints v Bris screening as no guests are aloud!?
Allowed. :roll:
Spelly would be proud of you saynta :wink:
These users also thanked the author Nosher for the post:
Ryan Bybes (with an 's').

saynt Nosher wrote: Mon 23 May 2022 5:09pmI have no idea.
Being far too harsh on yourself there. :D
saynt Nosher wrote: Tue 24 May 2022 2:49pmSpot on mate. :D

Post of the weak:
viewtopic.php?p=1955289#p1955289

Oh Ted.........

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon> Image
Thoughts, Saintsationalists...?

- Aeon.

Big.Marmot wrote: Sun 08 May 2022 10:13am full of s***

Andrew Bassat wrote: Dear Aeon,

Yes, I hate the bye round too. :evil:

And Aeon honey, could you possibly give me a cheat sheet so that I can win one of HarryM's famous gourmet quiches in the quiz? They are yum. :D

Take care, and I can’t wait to see you at the footy.

Love and Fortius Quo Fidelius,

- 'Fred'. Image

dalboy wrote: Sun 03 Apr 2022 7:40pmSecond worst thread ever!
Last edited by AeonFlux on Tue 07 Jun 2022 10:18pm, edited 2 times in total.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux We Hate the Bye Round Report: Plus a mid season report, a quiz, and a poll.

End of season departure candidates:
Clarke bloody Kent!!! The priority delisting!!!
Gears.
(Hopefully not) Paddy.
aeon ... get some real intel

out with Hopefully
(mr ryder has already telegraphed his desire
to play on in the RW'nB in '23)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux We Hate the Bye Round Report: Plus a mid season report, a quiz, and a poll.

I wouldn't waste a second of my time reading this s***.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote=saynta post_id=1958342 time=1654420272 user_id=126]
I wouldn't waste a second of my time reading this s***.
[/quote]

The bit where he gave me post of the week was pretty good 👍

asiu
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 05 Jun 2022 8:11pm I wouldn't waste a second of my time reading this s***.
well , fuckingoff back to where came from then
sounds appropriate

not sure anyone gives a fat ferrets fuchsia tinted freckle what u
wanna whinge about either

get with the program time waster

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Kinky' s back love it

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

I had forgotten how good Doc Nessen was . What an Aussie Icon I love the Angels RIP Doc you were a legend

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Goose is king wrote: Sun 05 Jun 2022 9:10pm
saynta wrote: Sun 05 Jun 2022 8:11pm I wouldn't waste a second of my time reading this s***.
The bit where he gave me post of the week was pretty good 👍
Aeon is a lady 💃

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

i wasn't quoted....me needs to lift my game.

little loris..... :shock:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'll happily waste my time helping Aeon waste theirs. Best thread of the Bye / Bi round and always will be.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 05 Jun 2022 10:08pm
well , fuckingoff back to where came from then
sounds appropriate

not sure anyone gives a fat ferrets fuchsia tinted freckle what u
wanna whinge about either

get with the program time waster
:lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 9:08am I'll happily waste my time helping Aeon waste theirs. Best thread of the Bye / Bi round and always will be.
Pure crap if you ask me and not something I would waste my time reading as it is neither funny or clever.

And for the record I don't give a rats what some insignificant, to me, nuff nuff thinks.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

And yet you’ve posted twice in this thread

loris
Saintsational Legend

Oh saynta you don’t know what you are missing - a bit of Kinky Friedman !

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 2:03pm
Oh saynta you don’t know what you are missing - a bit of Kinky Friedman !
I can do without it .And I don't have a clue who kinky friedman is.

loris
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sun 05 Jun 2022 10:53pm Kinky' s back love it
I’m a real Kinky fan. I met him about 20 years ago. He was in Perth for the Writer’s Festival. He was sitting on his own in a cafe in Fremantle. Normally I would never intrude on an ‘identity’s’ personal space, but I had been so impressed with a talk he gave at a forum at the writers festival the day before.

In this forum he was with a panel of pious, self-righteous, politically correct writers who were completely besotted with the sound of their own voices. They all fell into the trap of thinking Kinkywas some dumb, red-neck, sexist, racist, ignorant American. Oh, what a mistake they made. He had a mind like a steel trap, led them along to thinking he had no literary talent or knowledge, so his views were not to be considered - then it was ..... gotcha! He’s an incredibly well read individual. His quoting of passage’s from various literary genres to turn some of their popular politically correct opinions against their arguments, was delicious. He showed them up time & again for what they were, vociferous philistines. He ended up having the majority of the audience bursting into spontaneous laughter & applause, each time a gotcha moment eventuated. And to think the audience possibly were more there to listen to the views of the other panel members. Plus 80% of the audience were female (as is the norm at writer’s festivals).

So I intruded into his space whilst he was sitting in the cafe, to tell him I really enjoyed the panel discussion. He invited me to have a coffee with him. It was one of the most interesting discussions I’d had on misogyny and why men are uncomfortable with female humorists.

For sure, the public and the private man seem poles apart. Whilst I didn’t detect a smidgen of misogyny or sexist behaviour in him during our time sipping coffee, however, he did have a real mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Then again, IMHO, a man that doesn’t have a mischievous twinkle in his eyes isn’t worth chatting to. :P

loris
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 8:40am i wasn't quoted....me needs to lift my game.

I am only 5 feet in the imperial measure Firey!
Yes, lift your game 😘

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 3:30pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 8:40am i wasn't quoted....me needs to lift my game.

Yes, lift your game 😘
😊
Ok shorty how is your chess game ?

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 3:23pm
bangaulegend wrote: Sun 05 Jun 2022 10:53pm Kinky' s back love it
I’m a real Kinky fan. I met him about 20 years ago. He was in Perth for the Writer’s Festival. He was sitting on his own in a cafe in Fremantle. Normally I would never intrude on an ‘identity’s’ personal space, but I had been so impressed with a talk he gave at a forum at the writers festival the day before.

In this forum he was with a panel of pious, self-righteous, politically correct writers who were completely besotted with the sound of their own voices. They all fell into the trap of thinking Kinkywas some dumb, red-neck, sexist, racist, ignorant American. Oh, what a mistake they made. He had a mind like a steel trap, led them along to thinking he had no literary talent or knowledge, so his views were not to be considered - then it was ..... gotcha! He’s an incredibly well read individual. His quoting of passage’s from various literary genres to turn some of their popular politically correct opinions against their arguments, was delicious. He showed them up time & again for what they were, vociferous philistines. He ended up having the majority of the audience bursting into spontaneous laughter & applause, each time a gotcha moment eventuated. And to think the audience possibly were more there to listen to the views of the other panel members. Plus 80% of the audience were female (as is the norm at writer’s festivals).

So I intruded into his space whilst he was sitting in the cafe, to tell him I really enjoyed the panel discussion. He invited me to have a coffee with him. It was one of the most interesting discussions I’d had on misogyny and why men are uncomfortable with female humorists.

For sure, the public and the private man seem poles apart. Whilst I didn’t detect a smidgen of misogyny or sexist behaviour in him during our time sipping coffee, however, he did have a real mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Then again, IMHO, a man that doesn’t have a mischievous twinkle in his eyes isn’t worth chatting to. :P
Hi Loris very interesting post loved it :D

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 3:30pm

Yes, lift your game 😘
Hi Loris again :wink: My Gramdma was 4 foot 8 & had the most enormous set boobs you could ever imagine but the sweetest most amazing women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing . Size in stature means nothing it's all about the size of the heart & you seem to have a lot of spunk . Keep up the posts I really enjoy them :wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

😊

hahaha

classic

that'll get u back in

firery
i wanna edit out tinted
and replace it with flavoured

is this wise ?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 8:53pm
😊

hahaha

classic

that'll get u back in

firery
i wanna edit out tinted
and replace it with flavoured

is this wise ?
I pondered over this for some time. I say throw caution to the wind

Go with it :lol:

AeonFlux
Club Player

Checking the mail bag.

saynt Nosher wrote: Sun 05 Jun 2022 8:11pm I wouldn't waste a second of my time reading this s***.

These users thanked the author Nosher for the post:
Ryan Bybes (with an 's')
Smart move.

But hang on. You did anyway. :)

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 9:08am I'll happily waste my time helping Aeon waste theirs. Best thread of the Bye / Bi round and always will be.
Thank you oh great Apparitional One. :)

saynt Nosher wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 11:48amPure crap if you ask me and not something I would waste my time reading as it is neither funny or clever.

And for the record I don't give a rats what some insignificant, to me, nuff nuff thinks.
'Nor'.

For the record, since you used 'neither', then it should be 'nor'. :wink:

These users thanked the author AeonFlux for the post:
Spelly (also with an 'S')

skeptic wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 7:13pm Even a few long servers/top 22 players are pushing themselves to do more and are playing better than they have in years as a result
… just like they followed Riewoldt, Hayes and Goddard
B.M wrote: Mon 06 Jun 2022 7:34pm None of those players you mention were that good, all had glaring deficiencies

Agree re Roo and BJ. Dodgy-as hairdos.

But Lenny???? :shock: Lenny was above reproach.

Saints.
Angels.
Mega party by the beach
Once again fronted by a bloke known and loved as the 'Doc'.
What could be more St Kilda than that???

Here's one for bangayoulegend. (And for any other Saintsational legends who also appreciate what our footy club is all about.)

8-)

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon> Image
or

Thoughts, Saintsationalists...?

- Aeon.

Andrew Bassat wrote: Dear Aeon,

Oh Aeon honey, I love Saints, Angels, the Doc, and rocking out by the beach!

And I even think that I spotted Nosh in the mosh...............pit. (See what I did there? :lol: )

Take care, and I can’t wait to see you at the footy.

Love and Fortius Quo Fidelius,

- 'Fred'.

dalboy wrote: Sun 03 Apr 2022 7:40pmSecond worst thread ever!

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: The Flux We Hate the Bye Round Report: or a mid season report or a quiz or a poll.

F--ing brilliant Aeon loved the Angels Max Sessions clip .Thanks for posting

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux We Hate the Bye Round Report: or a mid season report or a quiz or a poll.

yes , Aeon dearest ... gaz iz happy

except for ... the capitalised 'G'
and being a little (see what i did there) fluxed
by no shooting

where's the shooting

i need shooting
:)