Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Re: Changes for next week

Laurie wrote: Sun 26 Jun 2022 11:33am We have blown a good start to the season with insipid mediocre performances when we needed to stand up and make a statement against sidea in the top 8.
I was there last night and to watch our disposal dropped marks players finger pointing and not picking up loose players.I will not name who they were but these players need to made accountable.The body language of some players also needs to be questioned.
Our season is over so really not interested whos in or whos out.
Just pick players who are willing to have a crack last night was a total embarrassment.
Is there something happening internally ?
BOOM BOOM
Don’t be shy mate. Who are the players you have alluded to? Most of us weren’t there and you were.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Laurie
Club Player

No will not name.
Experienced player with no defensive part in his game.
Yes we were horrible against the swans but to see this guy close up on Saturday night run past loose players and not pick up was unbelievable especially when Sydney was on the rebound.
BOOM BOOM

DJ Higgins
Club Player

I think the forwards are getting a bit of a bad wrap again. Can’t do much with poor service. From the mids. Members never quit and Sharman as well but he needs to find his own ball and stop going for speccies every mark. King however needs a rest if he plays like be has the last few weeks. Where are the leading runs where are the second efforts? But the mids need to improve. Billing’s and Gresham are so over rated or played out of position. I’d play Gresham forward and I doubt billing’s is in our top 22.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 9:41am I think the forwards are getting a bit of a bad wrap again. Can’t do much with poor service. From the mids. Members never quit and Sharman as well but he needs to find his own ball and stop going for speccies every mark. King however needs a rest if he plays like be has the last few weeks. Where are the leading runs where are the second efforts? But the mids need to improve. Billing’s and Gresham are so over rated or played out of position. I’d play Gresham forward and I doubt billing’s is in our top 22.
King looks frustrated
As “choose your own adventure” game plan where players make it up on the spot means there is zero system
I think we have poor players too as Buckley noted…we lack talent
Life gonna be hard in that forward line…
Sharman lead up and tried
Membrey needs to do much more
And whoever is in charge of ball movement/transition needs the arse
We also MUST weed out guys like Zac Jones - headless chook ball butcher and in time Seb Ross ….hospital pass merchant …
It’s why I’m amazed we haven’t pushed Sinclair on ball more - you want the footy in his hands coming into forward 50 !
Develop Connolly FFS can kick!!
And we shoulda targeted Lipinski (I said it at time) Pies got a steal!

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Torn

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 9:53am

Completely disagree. Have been watching Sandy a bit lately and from my viewing Connolly cannot hit a barn door

Long way off AFL

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 10:06am
Teflon wrote: Mon 27 Jun 2022 9:53am

Completely disagree. Have been watching Sandy a bit lately and from my viewing Connolly cannot hit a barn door

Long way off AFL
Players like Byrnes and Sharman in the team right at this very time puts too much pressure on the team to cover them, too many kids doing their apprenticeship at AFL level and coaches would be concious not to smash their confidence by exposing them to the pressure which then creates the mindset the player doesn't want the ball in his hand, especially in a prime time slot on TV.

Windy is probably a different case as he looks like he thinks he belongs, probably because he's gone OK when given an opportunity. Same NWM but the fact he's getting some ball, all being a long way on the outside with all the time in the world to make a good decision, he's kicking it straight back to the opposition lace out on the chest, his confidence might be fragile after the past few games so probably coaches will give him some time at Sandy and not expose him to the bright lights of another prime time Friday night game and completely overcook him.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I was hoping Higgins would really put his hand up in the VFL game, and my Sydney mate who was watching the game rang me to ask if Jack was injured as he wasn't moving very well? We seem to have quite a few players who are off the boil...what's going on?

Winmar7
Club Player

In: Higgins, Hill, Ryder, Mackenzie, Wood, Highmore
Out: Windhager, Butler, Long, Paton, Byrnes, Clark

FB [44] Wilkie [20] Howard [34] Highmore
HB [36] Mackenzie [26] Battle [29] Webster
C [8] Hill [5] Crouch [32] Wood
HF [4] Gresham [28] Membrey [15] Billings
FF [22] Higgins [12] King [43] Sharman
F [19] Marshall [9] Steele [6] Ross
I [18] Ryder [3] Jones [35] Sinclair [7] Wanganeen-Milera

DJ Higgins
Club Player

I am not a fan of bringing a player in one week only to drop him the next. But virtually all players could be dropped after last week. We were gutless in the middle but limited options to replace players. Honestly don’t care now as no game plan means who ever comes in will struggle