Who do we trade out for picks and player

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints58
Club Player

Re: Who do we trade out for picks and player

diddley wrote: Sun 31 Jul 2022 5:24pm
Saints58 wrote: Sun 31 Jul 2022 11:06am I would look at Paton for one and maybe jones to get some picks that we really need is there anyone else we might get picks for?
Honest question.
What do you see us gaining by trading those 2 out? What deal would you accept, and think is fair?
That is my question to the forum I would like other options there are some very good Ideas coming from the people on this site with a lot of knowledge.
What I see is us gaining from 2 out is draft picks maybe 3 or 4 rounders we might not get anything but its worth looking.
1 player I would defiantly not trade is Long he brings hardness and a wiliness to be at the contest.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 31 Jul 2022 11:53pm Gresham if it lands me a gun mid somehow …
Think you're right Teflon, Gresham is probably the only "quality" player on the list to consider trading and being a first round draft pick his currency should be high, plus at 24 he's at the right age to attract interest from another club. He's a RFA next year.

Could be included in a trade with GWS for Taranto, Hopper or Tom Green.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
DJ Higgins
Club Player

I hope we have a relatively quiet trade period. Not saying we do nothing I just don’t want to go overboard again and over pay for a player ie de goey. Billing may be of some value but can’t see anyone else we would trade bring in a second round pick if that.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

I hope we have a relatively quiet trade period. Not saying we do nothing I just don’t want to go overboard again and over pay for a player ie de goey. Billing may be of some value but can’t see anyone else we would trade bring in a second round pick if that.

Saints58
Club Player

older saint wrote: Mon 01 Aug 2022 10:35am Depends on where they believe things are at. Nothing jumps out as bringing in anything higher than a 3rd round pick - which means you are giving up a known quantity for and unknown risk.

Apart from free agency not expecting too much unless they look at Louge from Freo? Ideally i think the KPP def spot we need to look at the draft and develop ideally (like the kid from Richmond and what they have done with him this year.) No one coming in to play reserves - Battle, Wilkie Howard seem set and stable.
We did draft Oscar Adams Last season for the KPD he has been ok at sandy but has has a injury and only been back a few weeks.
Hopefully he can develop he is a big unit at 197cm and maybe some growth there but needs a bit of muscle still only 18.
Allison has not come on he was supposed to be the next emerging KPP but I think he is getting worse as a player gone in 23.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 01 Aug 2022 10:33am
D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 01 Aug 2022 8:59am
SaintPav wrote: Sun 31 Jul 2022 9:15pm “dump him off the books”.

Young Zac has had a few health issues and is clearly struggling.

Real nice.
How have the nice Saints been traveling since 2011?
Nice doesn’t win finals, ruthless wins them.

I don’t think young Zac (27 is not exactly young in football terms) has any upside and is most probably on good coin.

If we could dump him with a decent return, go for it.

Unfortunately this is another loss trade (Bruce for Jones) for us.
Bwuce is traveling worse than Jones at the moment.
Off the back of a knee reco, but yes you could say that.

Still think that Bruce would add a lot more to the forward line in taking the heat off King than Jones provides in the midfield.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 01 Aug 2022 12:18pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 31 Jul 2022 11:53pm Gresham if it lands me a gun mid somehow …
Think you're right Teflon, Gresham is probably the only "quality" player on the list to consider trading and being a first round draft pick his currency should be high, plus at 24 he's at the right age to attract interest from another club. He's a RFA next year.

Could be included in a trade with GWS for Taranto, Hopper or Tom Green.
No for mine.

He is a very dangerous small forward high half forward.
If used in that role he could be consistently A grade.

We need to add to the team not lose that talent base.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Most on here we’re arguing black and blue with me and Saynta that Seb was a list clogger and was NO good and that his good years were irrelevant because we were no good (even though we actually won 12 games?) and his other B&F he didn’t deserve!!!

Now they won’t eat humble pie and convince themselves a 28yo suddenly improved and they were still right to bag him.

One disgusting comment was that Seb embarrassed himself for two years!!!

Seb has been a good player since 2015 - it’s that simple. He continues to perform and lead with his gut running and inside work.

And he’s a quality human!

Any Saint who pulls on the guernsey deserves some respect
A dual Club Champion and Acting Captain deserves nothing but respect!!!

The commentary around him last year from nearly every football expert on here was the thing that was embarrassing imo

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 01 Aug 2022 6:38pm Most on here we’re arguing black and blue with me and Saynta that Seb was a list clogger and was NO good and that his good years were irrelevant because we were no good (even though we actually won 12 games?) and his other B&F he didn’t deserve!!!

Now they won’t eat humble pie and convince themselves a 28yo suddenly improved and they were still right to bag him.

One disgusting comment was that Seb embarrassed himself for two years!!!

Seb has been a good player since 2015 - it’s that simple. He continues to perform and lead with his gut running and inside work.

And he’s a quality human!

Any Saint who pulls on the guernsey deserves some respect
A dual Club Champion and Acting Captain deserves nothing but respect!!!

The commentary around him last year from nearly every football expert on here was the thing that was embarrassing imo
Well, you and I are both good judges of footballers and footballing talent. Others not so much. :wink: