The AFL and cheating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

amusingname
Club Player

Re: The AFL and cheating

The ARC is not a computer, it is still people interpreting footage. They believed they had enough vision to be satisfied. If you were on it then you wouldn’t have been satisfied, neither would I. That doesn’t equate to cheating.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Fri 02 Sep 2022 5:25pm The ARC is not a computer, it is still people interpreting footage. They believed they had enough vision to be satisfied. If you were on it then you wouldn’t have been satisfied, neither would I. That doesn’t equate to cheating.
There are rules so you follow them. You can't decide what rule you will and won't follow.

Clowns are suggesting they should go off the players reactions. What next a hands up poll of the crowd.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
amusingname
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Fri 02 Sep 2022 5:26pm
amusingname wrote: Fri 02 Sep 2022 5:25pm The ARC is not a computer, it is still people interpreting footage. They believed they had enough vision to be satisfied. If you were on it then you wouldn’t have been satisfied, neither would I. That doesn’t equate to cheating.
There are rules so you follow them. You can't decide what rule you will and won't follow.

Clowns are suggesting they should go off the players reactions. What next a hands up poll of the crowd.
This is like talking to a brick wall. Again, they were satisfied they had enough vision to decide, so in the reviewers mind they were following the rule! They said they can see the ball going over the post. That is their judgement, they haven’t ignored the rule!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

So remind me again
Why are the afl cheating?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote: Fri 02 Sep 2022 5:29pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 02 Sep 2022 5:26pm

This is like talking to a brick wall. Again, they were satisfied they had enough vision to decide, so in the reviewers mind they were following the rule! They said they can see the ball going over the post. That is their judgement, they haven’t ignored the rule!
‘Brick wall’ is an understatement.

All angles had the ball over the post at the same time. If it didn’t pass over the post then one of the angles would have shown this.

Seems pretty conclusive to me.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Thu 01 Sep 2022 11:12pm Umpire pays a goal they review and the evidence is inconclusive and they over rule.

Blatant cheating and agenda driven.
Fortunately it was only Richmond that was affected. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?