AFLW Does anyone really care?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFLW Does anyone really care?

The_Dud wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 10:12am
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 8:57pm
CURLY wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 8:54pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 8:10pm
CURLY wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 5:19pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 15 Sep 2022 4:30pm You mean this coin;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-15/ ... /101443846

"What I've learned… is that for First Nations people, colonialism… represents the genocide of their people, the theft of their land, the erasure of their culture and way of life, the loss of their wealth, their basic human rights, and their children."
Empathetic towards them. Issue is if it wasn't the English it would have been another country. We should be all moving forward as one.
😳
Yep that’s right. If the English didn’t settle here someone else would have. It’s happened and we aren’t going to move together while we keep looking to create division.

I’m sure my grief against the Vikings for invading England hasn’t gathered much sympathy
I guess that makes it ok then.
Righty oh old chap!
To be fair, I think what Curly is trying to say here is that the indigenous population should be grateful for the English, they were lucky they invaded and murdered them, and the least they can do is bow down and show a little respect!

And also it was the umpires fault.
Nice work twit. Not what I said at all. It's people like you that create divsion by continually looking to fuel it.

We can't change the past only learn from it. But hey you going looking for a fight each day you will find one.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Only look at the Saints score. It's unwatchable at the moment, although Patrikios is a good looker and plays well.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 10:39am

"What I've learned… is that for First Nations people, colonialism… represents the genocide of their people, the theft of their land, the erasure of their culture and way of life, the loss of their wealth, their basic human rights, and their children."
Empathetic towards them. Issue is if it wasn't the English it would have been another country. We should be all moving forward as one.
😳
Yep that’s right. If the English didn’t settle here someone else would have. It’s happened and we aren’t going to move together while we keep looking to create division.

I’m sure my grief against the Vikings for invading England hasn’t gathered much sympathy
Righty oh old chap!
To be fair, I think what Curly is trying to say here is that the indigenous population should be grateful for the English, they were lucky they invaded and murdered them, and the least they can do is bow down and show a little respect!

Nice work twit. Not what I said at all. It's people like you that create divsion by continually looking to fuel it.

We can't change the past only learn from it. But hey you going looking for a fight each day you will find one.
I thought Daisy was incredibly courageous in presenting her comments the way she did, it's been a long time, if ever, since I've heard someone within the AFL industry speak so well about an issue that shouldn't be hard to talk about. Irrespective of absolutely anything, speaking the truth and acknowledging our history accurately shouldn't be seen as difficult. Our gazetted history books need to be re written with this in mind.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

😳

Righty oh old chap!

To learn from it requires us to actually properly acknowledge what the English and the Monarchy did to the Indigenous population, not just telling them "it's done, get over it" :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 12:40pm

😳

Righty oh old chap!

To learn from it requires us to actually properly acknowledge what the English and the Monarchy did to the Indigenous population, not just telling them "it's done, get over it" :roll:

All fine and good but let's not ignore the traditions, religion and beleifs of others in doing so.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 12:44pm

😳

Righty oh old chap!

All fine and good but let's not ignore the traditions, religion and beleifs of others in doing so.
You do get there is a significant amount of irony in your post.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 4:09pm

😳

Righty oh old chap!

Yep we acknowledge those that could be pissed at the Queen at evry oppurtunity pretty much.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 4:24pm

😳

Righty oh old chap!

Yep we acknowledge those that could be pissed at the Queen at evry oppurtunity pretty much.
who's we? sounds like you represent a group of people.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 4:45pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 4:24pm

😳

Righty oh old chap!

who's we? sounds like you represent a group of people.
Yep I'm part of the we. You know like its meant to be.

Sebastian Tombs
Club Player

Most of Daisy's "truth" was about the stolen genaration which Im pretty sure had nothing to do with the Queen or even the Royal Family. So would of it really been that hard too have a welcome to country then a mins silence

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Daisy Pearce has a really whiny voice. She's definitely not suited to Friday night football. I can't understand a word she says.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 5:49pm Daisy Pearce has a really whiny voice.
I feel the same when I hear Gerard Whately on AFL 360

Rubyjo
Club Player

Daisy is a good footballer ..has good insights ..just have to move on from a male dominated commentary...I prefer a male commentary but we have to accept women love the game and should be able to have a voice in the game ...

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

The views of Daisy Pearce at the time of the Queen's passing are both untimely and irrelevant to football.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Free speach is allowed unless you are a leftard .

Rubyjo
Club Player

Free speach is allowed unless you are a leftard .

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Sat 17 Sep 2022 9:34pm Free speach is allowed unless you are a leftard .
There is a word that ends in ‘tard’ and it starts with an ‘r’ for right

It’s not a coincidence

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 17 Sep 2022 9:46pm
Rubyjo wrote: Sat 17 Sep 2022 9:34pm Free speach is allowed unless you are a leftard .
There is a word that ends in ‘tard’ and it starts with an ‘r’ for right

It’s not a coincidence
Raspberry custard 🍮

In red white and black from 73
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 11:34pm Daisy is a good footballer ..has good insights ..just have to move on from a male dominated commentary...I prefer a male commentary but we have to accept women love the game and should be able to have a voice in the game ...
Let me start by saying that I like Daisy. And I love that there is an AFLW available as a pathway to all the young women wanting to play this great game of Aussie Rules. And I love that women are involved in the game at all levels. It's been a long time coming.

Call me old fashioned, but I want my expert comments to come from someone that has played at the highest level. I don't care if it's Daisy Pearce, Mark Robertson, or any 600+ accredited AFL journalists. You can't provide a true insight to the game if you've not been involved in an AFL team either as a coach or player.
AFL has a level of skill, speed, and pressure that has no equivalent in any of the lower competitions. You need to have experienced that to really talk about it with any authority.

All for anyone being a caller, boundary rider, etc. For every Daisy, there's 10,000 other students of the game that are just as qualified to give comments.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I just don't understand what she says. I think she mumbles.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 19 Sep 2022 5:54pm
Rubyjo wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 11:34pm Daisy is a good footballer ..has good insights ..just have to move on from a male dominated commentary...I prefer a male commentary but we have to accept women love the game and should be able to have a voice in the game ...
Let me start by saying that I like Daisy. And I love that there is an AFLW available as a pathway to all the young women wanting to play this great game of Aussie Rules. And I love that women are involved in the game at all levels. It's been a long time coming.

Call me old fashioned, but I want my expert comments to come from someone that has played at the highest level. I don't care if it's Daisy Pearce, Mark Robertson, or any 600+ accredited AFL journalists. You can't provide a true insight to the game if you've not been involved in an AFL team either as a coach or player.
AFL has a level of skill, speed, and pressure that has no equivalent in any of the lower competitions. You need to have experienced that to really talk about it with any authority.

All for anyone being a caller, boundary rider, etc. For every Daisy, there's 10,000 other students of the game that are just as qualified to give comments.
Name your best common potatoes then ..
Wayne Carey...all the Geelong ex players ...
Name them up ..we need a female voice because half the fans are females ..they like it ..im sure you ain't mysoginitic...

Rubyjo
Club Player

You call your self old fashioned ...like a 1960 male patriarchal world ..hang your self on that ideology..we have have moved on ..women can commentate footy Wether you are old fashioned or not. It's the new world ...

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Someone doesn't read!
If you're going to call yourself an expert and tell people the ins and outs of playing AFL, you should have played AFL. It's the same as having Anthony Hudson or Howie giving expert comments. They've never played AFL!
There's one woman that is qualified that I am aware of...Peta Serle. She was an assistant coach at the Saints and would be qualified to provide expert commentary.
There should be more women involved in clubs at AFL level as assistant coaches, ultimately leading to a head coach. One day.

And I have been living the "new world" all my life. You don't know me from a bar of soap, so before you insinuate that I am misogynistic know that I grew up in a non-traditional household where my mum was the primary bread winner in a typically male dominated industry and my dad did most of the home duties after work.

older saint
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Fri 16 Sep 2022 10:23am Did you read the Herald Sun today did you older saint?
?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Mon 19 Sep 2022 9:16pm Name your best common potatoes then ..
Wayne Carey...all the Geelong ex players ...
Name them up ..we need a female voice because half the fans are females ..they like it ..im sure you ain't mysoginitic...
Are you sure that half the fans are females? I wouldn't be so sure.
But I agree that female representation is 100% required.

Kelly Underwood is one but she is roundly criticised by many on here. I actually like her as a caller.

As for who provide the best insight into the game. I can tell you that nobody on seven is any good.
Hodge and Watson are not only staters of the bleeding obvious but also the worst language butchers going around.

The best experts are on Fox Footy.
Healy and Dermie provide amazing insight into the actual game and the playing process.