Grant Thomas to comment on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: Grant Thomas to comment on SEN

If we get Hird that’ll be it for me for good.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Fri 14 Oct 2022 8:34am
cwrcyn wrote: Fri 14 Oct 2022 7:40am From that discussion, it's clear Thomas has been in conversations with people at the club in recent months. When asked about a new coach he said coaching selection processes were for "people who don't know what they're doing" . He said you should identify the best and go out and get them. When asked who should be considered for the coaching position he mentioned Hird & Choco Williams as well as a couple of others, but the last one he mentioned was Lyon. I got the feeling he mentioned Lyon last for a reason, and it wasn't because he didn't want him as coach.

He said other positions like list management and recruiting need to be addressed
The man thinks it is still 2005.
As mentioned below that is how they got Blight and Watson before that - how did that work out again.
Brilliant business man who got the most out of his ability as a coach but ultimately wasn't good enough to get tot he big dance - let alone win it.
SEN needed a sound grab and he is always up for that - hearing his own voice
Yep good old rent a quote !
Had the best of old/new saints have 04-06 and couldn’t get past a prelim
Ran out of “belief clouds” he used to talk about by the end
I don’t honestly know if Lyon is the answer now but I do know the methods and standards he demands are far higher and more sustainable than 1980’s corporate KPI spin of GT and “Training Services Departments”
Blowhard

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Thomas v Lyon, egos at 20 paces, unlimited bulls*** time, self promotion between rounds. I would pay to see that because one would explode: a cliche too many, a metaphor below the belt, a knowing sigh with eye roll; these guys have major weaponry, don't forget the smirk. the all knowing you are a fool smirk they each deliver ruthlessly.

What do Thomas and Lyon actually say that is not the stuff of basic motherhood statements. Solutions boys, not restating the problems.

Let the cobblers cobble; you need better players; hands up who wants to be captain this year; need to kick goals...........gems, every one a gem.

Brett Ratten is a great guy if, unfortunately, not a great coach. Those other two seem neither.

Saintly66
Club Player

GT needs to get back to sniffing seats or whatever it is he does. Talk about dial a quote, nothing against the guy but he must love the sound of his own voice.