Non release of Review findings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cps
Club Player

Re: Non release of Review findings

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 12:16am One article says that Glenn Luff was involved in presenting review findings to the review committee- Bassat, Lethers, Jason Blake, and someone else who I forget.
They said Glenn Luff was list manager at Norf for a short time, and left midway thru 2022.
Prior to Norf, he worked at Champion Data for 17 yrs as an analyst.
Number cruncher.
The thing about number crunchers is they're obssessed with numbers, statistics, dollars, etc, but I don't think they have a soul at all.
How would he really know anything about footy?
I recall he got bagged and belittled on social media by Kane Cornes or someone similar, not long ago
Luff used to be a regular on SEN so Cornes (now on SEN) was probably having a laugh.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

cps wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 12:59am
WellardSaint wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 12:16am One article says that Glenn Luff was involved in presenting review findings to the review committee- Bassat, Lethers, Jason Blake, and someone else who I forget.
They said Glenn Luff was list manager at Norf for a short time, and left midway thru 2022.
Number cruncher.
The thing about number crunchers is they're obssessed with numbers, statistics, dollars, etc, but I don't think they have a soul at all.
I recall he got bagged and belittled on social media by Kane Cornes or someone similar, not long ago
Luff used to be a regular on SEN so Cornes (now on SEN) was probably having a laugh.
Cornes was bagging Luff publicly, then Luff chucked the sads n left; Cornes tweeted 'recruiting going well' in a drive-by.
On Footy Classified later, Caro said Luff's a bit precious if he gets triggered easily.
Cornes said 'you can't pick players off a computer screen' and said Luff's in the wrong game if he can't handle criticism.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
cps
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 1:08am
Number cruncher.
Cornes was bagging Luff publicly, then Luff chucked the sads n left; Cornes tweeted 'recruiting going well' in a drive-by.
On Footy Classified later, Caro said Luff's a bit precious if he gets triggered easily.
Cornes said 'you can't pick players off a computer screen' and said Luff's in the wrong game if he can't handle criticism.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to anything Cornes or Caro says. They'll say anything to create "heat and headlines".

suss
Club Player

cps wrote: Fri 14 Oct 2022 4:37pm
We are the most loyal supporters in the competition yet we get treated like dirt from the club (once they've taken our money).
I get your frustration and I'd like to know the findings of the review too, but I think that the information is too sensitive to be released publicly.
Agree. It would be much too sensitive to release publicly. I’m sure plenty of people come in for criticism and those details must remain private. A high level summary is appropriate.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I just saw the club email, came at 815am yesterday with a link to the presser.

Strangely, it was in my 'junk' folder.
Go figure

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

In my humble f****** opinion, the Cairns loss cost us a place in this years finals and Ratts his job.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

cps wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 10:11am
WellardSaint wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 1:08am
Number cruncher.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to anything Cornes or Caro says. They'll say anything to create "heat and headlines".
Yep, couple of f***wit arse clowns.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 10:40am In my humble f****** opinion, the Cairns loss cost us a place in this years finals and Ratts his job.
Yep - as did arguably the 1 goal loss in Cairns to the Crows last season, when we finished outside the 8 by 1 game.

The players need to start turning up to these games.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
cps
Club Player

I was having another look at the press conference and Andrew Basset says something interesting around the 12.00 minute mark. He says something like he was asking whether we're genuinely contending or stuck in the 6-10 range, and his answer was that what he found was "troubling". I think this points to some deeper issues than just whether we made finals or not.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

One of our biggest issues is player development.
I don't think we draft the wrong players, we just can't develop them like other teams can.
I think the problem is multi-faceted.
We don't have our own VFL team. We need to completely run Sandringham. Senior players playing in the VFL team still need to feel they are playing for the Saints. Same jumpers, same name. Ideally playing the majority of games at Moorabbin. They need to play the same style and game plan that the senior team do. Sandringham's results should be irrelevant. It's a development playground. If we don't have that relationship, then we need to either go it alone or find a team where we can have that level...Frankston maybe?
We clearly don't focus enough on skills and decision making. Our turnover rate is awful...Even when we were 8-3, some of our disposal was 2nd rate. We won games on the back of a quarter and-a-half of footy. Rare were our four quarter performances. You can actually see the degradation of skills over time. Can't think of the last player that actually improved in disposal and decision making at the club.

I'd argue that, aside from really top end picks, there is little between the players selected outside the top 10 in terms of actual ability. It's up to the club to develop the player into a player that fits into the game plan well.

We need to look at Geelong and, to a lesser extent, Sydney. They are masters at developing players, trading for needs, and staying competitive. They are the benchmark, and have been for well over a decade.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Fri 14 Oct 2022 2:53pm
Linton Street Saint wrote: Fri 14 Oct 2022 1:09pm They are going to release them, they explicitly said that.
Basset said that they would only release the "high level findings of the review". Members deserve the entire report where names can be changed to protect privacy. A member of the media will no doubt get access to it so why shouldn't the most important stakeholders (us) be privy also? It's time for the club to come to the party and start treating the lifeblood of the club (members) with the respect and transparency we deserve. Our membership money would have contributed towards the report (as well as Ratten's expected payout btw) so it's the least they can do as far as I'm concerned.
Hawthorn pretty much took that approach with their latest effort at contemporary soul searching and moral salvation. Has turned into a nasty nasty debacle. Will cause irreparable damage to some people. Media love it, want more bodies to stand on.

Best to never lose control of the narrative no matter how much the media and others try to bait the dirty details out of you on the grounds of transparency and the mythical right to know; only your family wants what's best for you: the media is to good news like daylight is to Dracula. They don't want transparency they want things/people/St Kilda to crucify from their pulpits.

(Apologies for conflating Dracula, media, crucifixion and pulpits. Too many Hammer movies, not enough creative writing for beginners).