Ross Lyon?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

axcellence
Club Player

Re: Ross Lyon?

Looks Fait Accompli

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

On a gruesomely wet day in '09 with Roo in a daze from the first quarter we came close to beating a super Dank-fuelled Geelong team (even closer if Hawkins' poster hadn't ben paid a goal or Schneider actually got paid a holding-the-man free by a Cats-supporting umpire).

In 2010 it was the famous wayward bounce, not to metnion half a dozen Pies players on human growth hormones.

Since those near-things we've been the dullest, softest team in the competition.

Welcome back Ross, I say.

suss
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 8:01pm A few players like Jack Billings have only ever played under Richo and Ratts.

If Ross the Boss comes back I think a few are in for a rude awakening.

By round 3 they’ll be begging the club to bring back Richo. 😂
Lols. I almost feel sorry for Billings and Clark. They have no idea of the freight train that is heading their way …

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 8:57am
SaintPav wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 8:18am The last 5 words in takeaway’s post are worth noting…
I have wondered if Ross just wants to be wanted at this stage of his life and the old fire and determination has gone.
He has had a lot of disappointment, a lot of slings and arrows and would be under extreme scrutiny: which makes life pretty uncomfortable.
He is on a kicking to nothing, if he/team loses his supporters will find excuses but the rest of us and the footy community will be less forgiving of him and the President.
It will be expected we make finals as a minimum. No point in sacking Brett unless there is significant improvement, but most recent history suggests Ross has lost whatever magic he had.
What would have been the most recent coaching success he put on the table at the meeting. He's been away a long time. It may not be just a case of offering the job, when it comes to the crunch he may decline, knowing the magnitude of the job and his current limitations, when actually faced with the decision.
Alternatively Mr President may just be covering all bases and be able to say Ross was given every opportunity to convince, like Brett was.
?
He may be depressed
He can’t coach
He’s lost his desire and magic (WTF?)
He needs to make finals immediately or he’s a failure (cause we only gave Brett 3 years and Richo 6..Lyon cause I don’t like him gets none…)
He’s got uncomfortable life dealing with slings and arrows??
He’ll run from the job faced with the magnitude of the decision…
I’ve read some tripe on here in 24 years but this is right up there …reaching much???

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 8:28pm
SaintPav wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 8:01pm A few players like Jack Billings have only ever played under Richo and Ratts.

If Ross the Boss comes back I think a few are in for a rude awakening.

By round 3 they’ll be begging the club to bring back Richo. 😂
Lols. I almost feel sorry for Billings and Clark. They have no idea of the freight train that is heading their way …
That’s not light at the end of the tunnel Jacky boy!
Toot toot !!

“Yeah….nah””
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Scollop wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 9:55am The point I was trying to make was that he fuc*ed up his timing in 2009. After sitting at 15 wins it was time to rest his Rolls Royces.

Maybe a rotation of 2 weeks off for his stars. Get them in back to gain some momentum leading into finals

What's the point of being the best team in home and away (with games in hand) if you don't use that advantage for finals

Give them a rest and have them revving at full throttle again in rounds 20 and 21.

We stumbled our way through the final couple of rounds into finals and we weren't playing our best footy. He fuc*ed up

We didn't have our best players in the best form for the GF and we should have been the best prepared team
I don't want him back at all, but look-
Anyone who says he's stubborn and won't learn from his errors?
That Freo game against us, the final game for Blake, Kosi, Milne, Baker- Tosser rested 10 players from the Dockers.
To be cherry ripe for finals.
Maybe he's not a stubborn old coot, after all

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

SaintPav wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 9:56am Lyon was wearing a backpack. Probably was carrying a laptop containing some sort of analysis of the list and his strategies and methods.
Great comment...
Highly likely he had the laptop.
4 hrs to show his ideas.
Hey, he could've used Google Chromecast or a USB-C to HDMI cable to display his stuff onto a big screen. Impressive.

He admitted that some days earlier, he and Bassat had emptied several bottles of red wine. Chewin the fat.
I reckon they agreed to meet again, next time with Lethers involved- he came fully prepared.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Back pack was full of cash
Ross made out like a bandit !

“Yeah….nah””
Rubyjo
Club Player

If Ross is elected as coach and if the board is one in the pursuit of a premiership there will be no prisoners no easy outs this will be do or die for the St Kilda FC. The saints gave Ross his first opportunity as a coach he hasn't forgotten that , he has spread his wings and now he has come home he is a Saints man . How could he not be ..who else is there but Ross and our premiership contending team ...we have nothing in recent history but them ...this is our band getting back together moment ..fortious quo fidelioius ..about time we used that Latin fucker.