Press Conference announced for 1pm today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nobhead
Club Player

Re: Press Conference announced for 1pm today

Maybe harvey

asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha

that smells like our favourite son

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:49pm
saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:44pm
Otiman wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:25pm
sks023 wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:19pm f*** it! DoIng a one-eighty and backing Lyon in

Liking what I'm hearing from the big fella
The only other option is to sook about it, so I choose to jump on board.
Or do what I did. Give Lyin my middle finger, both hands at once.

Childish I know, but extremely satisfying all the same.
Maybe you should stick to soley supporting the womens team for the forseeable future

Step on or step off
Maybe you should keep your advice to yourself or at least contain it to those that actually give a f*** for your thoughts. :wink:
Last edited by saynta on Mon 24 Oct 2022 5:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:30pm So I wonder how many members on here are not renewing?
I remain to be convinced that Lyon is the coach to take us forward, however I’m signed up for 2023, and did that without conditions/ strings attached. It is what it is, and I for one, am prepared to give Ross the benefit of a clean slate and back him and his coaching panel because the alternative is to just drop my bundle and walk away, and I AIN’T doing THAT any time soon!

Go Saints! ( To hell with the rest! )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
sks023
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:11pm
sks023 wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:49pm
saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:44pm
Otiman wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:25pm
sks023 wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:19pm f*** it! DoIng a one-eighty and backing Lyon in

Liking what I'm hearing from the big fella
The only other option is to sook about it, so I choose to jump on board.
Or do what I did. Give Lyin my middle finger, both hands at once.

Childish I know, but extremely satisfying all the same.
Maybe you should stick to soley supporting the womens team for the forseeable future

Step on or step off
Maybe you should keep your advise to yourself or at least contain it to those that actually give a f*** for your thoughts. :wink:
I will consider your advice

By the way it's advice not advise :)
Last edited by sks023 on Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I elt excited and relieved at the prospect of Llyon returning (even GT coming back might have worked)

However, I am a little pensive now....I hope Lyon doesn't become too much of a 'modern' coach and hasn't lost his instincts.

Still, I am absolutely convinced that what we had going under Ratts was weak. Don't wanna knock Ratts, but the order of things in '21 and '22 was very sketchy.

Bring it on!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:14pm
magnifisaint wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:30pm So I wonder how many members on here are not renewing?
I remain to be convinced that Lyon is the coach to take us forward, however I’m signed up for 2023, and did that without conditions/ strings attached. It is what it is, and I for one, am prepared to give Ross the benefit of a clean slate and back him and his coaching panel because the alternative is to just drop my bundle and walk away, and I AIN’T doing THAT any time soon!

Go Saints! ( To hell with the rest! )
Similar to how I feel.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

When Ross looked like getting the Carlton job I said to a mate he'd have the Blues winning a flag within three years.

When Ross looked like getting the Essendon job my mate said to me, "Watch them zoom up the ladder as we languish in mediocrity."

Well, now we've got Ross.

Not expecting miracles, mind you. Might actually be better if we go backwards in 2023, ladderwise, and load up on draft picks.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:56pm
nobhead wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:51pm Very impressive presser
Rtb came across as very passionate.was interesting that he mentioned walsh being head of football a very important part of him deciding to take the job.
Also keen this time to delegate more of the workload with everyone in the football department.
Also mentioned there was 1 more appointment to be made (assistant coach) which members will be thrilled about .tba later this week apparently.
BJ or Roo?
Both part of the greedy 10 who took too much.
Those 10 blocked the import of two more star players who would have guaranteed multiple premierships.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Club Player

We could have continued with Ratten and of course I would have continued my membership. Rusted on. But I now have a spring in my step as well as my membership.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Now he is the coach, no more bagging from me. Against forum rules I'm afraid,

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:33pm Now he is the coach, no more bagging from me. Against forum rules I'm afraid,
Cmon saynta. Come clean it ain’t the forum rules stopping you
Deep down you know this is a positive move not to mention the revival of the man love you have for rossy baby 8-)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:46pm
saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:33pm Now he is the coach, no more bagging from me. Against forum rules I'm afraid,
Deep down you know this is a positive move not to mention the revival of the man love you have for rossy baby 8-)
Wrong mate, it's how I said it was. I don't bag saints players or their officials.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

sayonara from me. Club now has me on invidious position. Long to see us win a flag, unable to stomach thought of Ross Lyon ever winning one. Won't be renewing. And owing to those forum rules won't be posting either.

Good luck all. It's been real.

Sanctorum
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:48pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:46pm
Wrong mate, it's how I said it was. I don't bag saints players or their officials.
Good for you saynta, you're a man of your word in sticking tough with the Saints which is very commendable, I'm a lot more pragmatic than you but understand that you and others will take a long time to come to terms with these developments - you can also take comfort from the knowledge that Geoff Walsh will make sure Lyon Mk II will handle the job in a much better way than he did in the past.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

As I have said, I have had my reservations about his appointment because if we return to winning ugly, that will be a problem.
Football is sadly very much a marketing game now and it isn't so much of if you win, but how you win.
Teams that play an exciting brand of football get the prime time TV spots and therefore attract the better sponsors and draw bigger crowds.
Just look at the Western Bulldogs under Beveridge, they play exciting good to watch football and they get a lot of prime time slots.
I hope I'm wrong and Ross turns us into an exciting winning team, because that's what is needed.
Simply, we need to score.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 2:56pm sayonara from me. Club now has me on invidious position. Long to see us win a flag, unable to stomach thought of Ross Lyon ever winning one. Won't be renewing. And owing to those forum rules won't be posting either.

Good luck all. It's been real.
Bull$hit. If you are still here and reading this take a breath

After all the s*** this this club has been through over such a long time you’re going to pull the pin because we have chosen a coach not of your liking ??

The flag is what we all strive for and if this guy can do it that’s all that matters sit back mate have a nice bourbon on the rocks and a good rethink

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

We need Ross to walk the fine line between being tough/hard but also forgiving and empathetic.

For whatever reason, after our win vs Cats, the entire squad seemed to be scared of making mistakes, and couldn't break through the middle.
Membrey always hanging onto the ball for too long.
Our defence usually (except Sincs+Wilkie) always kicking too close to the boundary line, hoping for it to go over.
I played VAFA in a bottom team, home ground had a strong cross wind.
Our instructions were *always* kick along the flanks so it'd go over and have a throw-in.

We need the guys to believe in themselves to trust their skills and being forceful, assertive, crestive

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Love the way Ross deals with the journos

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I saw a few seconds on TV
Where RTB spoke about how he's been whacked in the past about not bringing others in (my way or highway?)
And named Boris n Hayes, how he wants their input on what they wanna do, he 'wants to bring em along the journey' cos it's their journey too...
Geez,
Maybe getting out of footy and getting into media showed him how to really play well with others.
Maguire said that Ross has learnt a lot in media and real estate.
Hey guys, girls, and those indeterminate bipedal hominids- are YOU ALL EXCITED BECAUSE THIS OLD BASTARD IS FIRED UP 🙋‍♂️😎💪

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 4:00pm I saw a few seconds on TV
Where RTB spoke about how he's been whacked in the past about not bringing others in (my way or highway?)
And named Boris n Hayes, how he wants their input on what they wanna do, he 'wants to bring em along the journey' cos it's their journey too...
Geez,
Maybe getting out of footy and getting into media showed him how to really play well with others.
Hey guys, girls, and those indeterminate bipedal hominids- are YOU ALL EXCITED BECAUSE THIS OLD BASTARD IS FIRED UP 🙋‍♂️😎💪
Well, I will be if Banger joins the band.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:57pm
cwrcyn wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 1:48pm Wow Saynta, you really know how to hold a grudge
Yep, never forget and never forgive. Maybe if he gets us our second flag before I depart this world I might relent. Just a tad.

Anyway , he owes us one.
I'm with you Santya, hopefully Lyon will prove me wrong. I'd be delighted to have Banger back at St Kilda, and, as the Blues Brothers said, happy to get the band back together.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 5:43pm
Geez,
+1. Lenny and Banger will be a huge get by the President. Very happy if Harves comes to St Kilda.

I concur with your sentiments about forum rules and (even if we don’t like Ross) we can’t demean a Saints official or discredit their character.

Best to just sit back and wait….maybe Ross reverts back to his true form and starts bagging the club himself prior to the day when he eventually walks or is sacked

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 5:56pm
saynta wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 5:43pm
Geez,
+1. Lenny and Banger will be a huge get by the President. Very happy if Harves comes to St Kilda.

I concur with your sentiments about forum rules and (even if we don’t like Ross) we can’t demean a Saints official or discredit their character.

Best to just sit back and wait….maybe Ross reverts back to his true form and starts bagging the club himself prior to the day when he eventually walks or is sacked
Not if

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Lime green is very nice