“DELUSIONAL ST KILDA AND ROSS LYON DESERVE EACH OTHER”

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: “DELUSIONAL ST KILDA AND ROSS LYON DESERVE EACH OTHER”

The same guy posted in 2021 to the same website that Carlton should appoint Lyon as their coach.
He obviously lost his coaching ability in the last 22 months

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Has the forum become too defensive?

I think it's actually a positive comment because we do deserve each other and thank the headline editor. A union
made in heaven.

Auto correct got Resurectional wrong but.

StNoodles
Club Player

Regardless of content, that’s a terribly written article.

footyhead
Club Player

I started to read the article and stopped as it was just an article to attack The Saints and our lack of success etc. to be honest we haven’t had much success for a while. We are an easy target, kind of the littlest kid in the playground scenario. How we got “here” was brutal for most involved there is no doubt about that. But I hope we will look back and say it was the beginning of the Saints becoming “Relevant”. Maybe it will be another failure, who knows. The article does not provide any further insight into how to fix our continued lack of success, that I could not find at the local Pub from my drunken mates or any other AFL armchair “Expert”. This article is the normal “hit the Saints” template, that get rolled out each few years when we are going poorly. In fact a lot of clubs get this sort of smack now and again. Anyway the article is just to drum up emotional responses to get a reaction. Proof will be how we perform. If we go bad then the article can be used as ammunition to poke fun at us if we go well and well equals a premiership (unfairly I might add) we can say you know nothing to the author. He is most likely going to be correct because to win a premiership is difficult for most clubs so he is most likely comfortable in his critique. Which does my head in !!!!!! Anyway another new (old?) era to look forward too. Go Saints.

P.S. Feel for Ratts but footy is brutal. Why would anyone coach.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

$$$$

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 6:43pm Footyology and James Rosewarne deserve each other.

And I've never heard of either of them!
Footyology is great independent source for AFL media, run by Rohan Connolly. This is actually the worst article I’ve seen published on the site.

I couldn’t recommend the Footyology podcast enough to anyone who loves the game. It used to be better when it was co-hosted by Mark Fine, but it’s still very informative and unbiased with Robert Shaw’s insights on the game.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The last time we "reset" was in 2000-2003. We finished badly last in 2000 and second last in both 2001 and 2002. We got high draft picks, made even higher as a result of certain indiscretions by Carlton. We recruited from other teams better than any time before or after. By 2004, we were a premiership contender.

We need a sacrificial lamb type coach (continuing with our old one) for the next three years. The worst thing that can happen is that we finish 9th or 10th. Much better to finish last. There will be a hit in membership but that comes back when there is a sign of a rise, as we saw in 2003.

Ross is on a 4-year contract so he not going to spend the first three at the bottom.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 7:21pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 6:11pm James thinks ad hom attacks are a form of analysis.

Rubbish article.

Wasn’t this guy a poster on here?
There was the young lad James Rose who posted on here some years back. He may be a James Rosewarne????

IMO he was a nice polite young poster. Some on here used to get stuck into him over his comments, not allowing for his youth. Yet he always accepted their opinions without any vitriol back.
I can still recall his posts when he was so excited about his mum giving birth to a sibling.
He was about 18 at that time, and if I recall correctly he was commencing a Communications course.
Yes, I remember James Rose and I agree that he seemed like a decent bloke. I asked Rohan Connolly if this James Rosewarne chap is a St.Kilda supporter and he seems to think he’s a Doggies fan. Hmmm it all seems a bit rich coming from someone who barracks for the second least successful club in the AFL/VFL history :roll:

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Tue 25 Oct 2022 9:31am
Trev from the Bush wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 6:43pm Footyology and James Rosewarne deserve each other.

Footyology is great independent source for AFL media, run by Rohan Connolly. This is actually the worst article I’ve seen published on the site.

I couldn’t recommend the Footyology podcast enough to anyone who loves the game. It used to be better when it was co-hosted by Mark Fine, but it’s still very informative and unbiased with Robert Shaw’s insights on the game.
Thanks for the info, I must look it up. Robert Shaw = great footy brain. James Rosewarne? = knob?

Saint supporter since '62
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 25 Oct 2022 7:42pm
Sainternist wrote: Tue 25 Oct 2022 9:31am

Thanks for the info, I must look it up. Robert Shaw = great footy brain. James Rosewarne? = knob?
Yeah, forget James Rosewarne. I think there was a bit of a backlash to his article from yesterday. With a bit of luck, RoCo will give him the heave-Ho!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cant stomach Connolly, Robert Shaw is always worth listening to.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Rubyjo
Club Player

That's pretty funny really ..people really do hate us.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Tue 25 Oct 2022 9:35am
The last time we "reset" was in 2000-2003. We finished badly last in 2000 and second last in both 2001 and 2002. We got high draft picks, made even higher as a result of certain indiscretions by Carlton. We recruited from other teams better than any time before or after. By 2004, we were a premiership contender.
Yes, isn’t it amazing…and amazing story. Hard to imagine those circumstances ever again, particularly with Tassie coming in.

Round 10, 2002. That’s how long it took for the machine to click - although we were competitive throughout most of 2001, despite just four wins.

After we clubbed West Coast in Round 10, 2002, we went on to get some terrible shellackings, but it was working. Point is, it won’t happen again.

That’s why we can’t afford to tank and bottom out. I think, if we hit the bottom, we literally stay there.

So, we must rely on Ross, Harvs and Lenny to turn water into wine.

I hope St Kilda produces and labels a 150th anniversary wine. I will match it with a 150 year Shochu!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 26 Oct 2022 10:08am Cant stomach Connolly, Robert Shaw is always worth listening to.
Neither can I. I challenged him once when he critised Banger for winning a brownlow. The guy rang me offended as I had basically said that the turd didn't know his arse from his elbow when it came down to it.

I stuck to my guns and refused to back down. He went to water.

SaintWiki
Club Player

So childish. Many supporters of other clubs are digging their own grave, but it's going be harder for them dig themselves out.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 26 Oct 2022 11:49am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 26 Oct 2022 10:08am Cant stomach Connolly, Robert Shaw is always worth listening to.
Neither can I. I challenged him once when he critised Banger for winning a brownlow. The guy rang me offended as I had basically said that the turd didn't know his arse from his elbow when it came down to it.

I stuck to my guns and refused to back down. He went to water.
I can remember back in 2005 him pontificating in The Age about us "not making the 8" or words to that effect.... it annoyed the schitt out of me as there were something like 10 rounds left to play. When we SMASHED Brisbane in round 22 he was walking around the fence after the sireen, BOY did I give him a serve! BOY did I feel good about it too! Him and Mark Allen annoyed the crap out of me on SEN............. Schwartz was another "merchant".... but at least he'd put on a pair of footy boots and played AFL!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 5:44pm Or so writes James Rosewarne from the Footyology website:

https://footyology.com.au/delusional-st ... wHlhv_D64Y
Thank you for sharing this Sainternist. I've read the "article" (?) carefully, and all I can say about it, is that it's a far from objective piece of writing; as a matter of fact I've seen opinion pieces posted on this forum that are articulated better. After checking out this site, and seeing the roster of contributors, it would appear (to these old eyes at least) to be less of a "well informed and dynamic discussion hub for footy supporters" than a "last chance saloon" for hacks like Connolly, Fine, Roseworm et al to take a final desperate grasp at being relevant.

Quite frankly, I don't give a continental what either Roseworm, Connolly OR phucking "footyology" have to say about MY club!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 26 Oct 2022 5:21pm
Sainternist wrote: Mon 24 Oct 2022 5:44pm Or so writes James Rosewarne from the Footyology website:

https://footyology.com.au/delusional-st ... wHlhv_D64Y
Thank you for sharing this Sainternist. I've read the "article" (?) carefully, and all I can say about it, is that it's a far from objective piece of writing; as a matter of fact I've seen opinion pieces posted on this forum that are articulated better. After checking out this site, and seeing the roster of contributors, it would appear (to these old eyes at least) to be less of a "well informed and dynamic discussion hub for footy supporters" than a "last chance saloon" for hacks like Connolly, Fine, Roseworm et al to take a final desperate grasp at being relevant.

Quite frankly, I don't give a continental what either Roseworm, Connolly OR phucking "footyology" have to say about MY club!
Well, I like Rohan Connolly and his Footyology institution. I find it to be a breath of fresh air to the mainstream AFL media out there. That piece from James Rosewarne, on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb in comparison to the rest of the content on the website. I actually messaged RoCo about it (I think he may have been hounded over it) to let him know that I was disappointed it got published. Mark Fine actually retired from journalism at the start of year and is now running his family business with his wife, which is a traditional old Jewish delicatessen called Lenny’s Fine Foods in Caulfield.