Tsadis / Phillipou / McKenzie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: Tsadis / Phillipou / McKenzie

1. Our culture isn’t right and this is public record
** and that has to change. And how do you do that? By bringing back club legends who were renowned for their on field and off field work and who can turn the culture around. Welcome back Lenny and Banger and to a lesser degree BJ

2. We are not a destination club
** not at present but how do you change that? By winning games. And you do that by getting the best players available and having a plan to bring out there best. RTB is back and he is a better tactician than Ratts. Get great development coaches in to get the kids to reach their potential. see point 1

3. A long history suggests drafting kids in predicaments like Phillipou almost always backfire.
** What predicament? he stated he wanted to come to a Melbourne team and now he has.

4. Phillipou isn’t even necessarily the best player available at the pick
** virtually every pundit had him going at pick 10 or higher? How is not the best on paper at this point in time

Unmitigated disaster we will all see coming.
** Your crystal ball is better than mine on this one as I am stoked we got a potential game winner with huge upside and don' think its a disaster let alone an unmitigated one. Time will tell

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:36pm 1. Our culture isn’t right and this is public record
** and that has to change. And how do you do that? By bringing back club legends who were renowned for their on field and off field work and who can turn the culture around. Welcome back Lenny and Banger and to a lesser degree BJ

2. We are not a destination club
** not at present but how do you change that? By winning games. And you do that by getting the best players available and having a plan to bring out there best. RTB is back and he is a better tactician than Ratts. Get great development coaches in to get the kids to reach their potential. see point 1

3. A long history suggests drafting kids in predicaments like Phillipou almost always backfire.
** What predicament? he stated he wanted to come to a Melbourne team and now he has.

4. Phillipou isn’t even necessarily the best player available at the pick
** virtually every pundit had him going at pick 10 or higher? How is not the best on paper at this point in time

Unmitigated disaster we will all see coming.
** Your crystal ball is better than mine on this one as I am stoked we got a potential game winner with huge upside and don' think its a disaster let alone an unmitigated one. Time will tell
Time will tell.

Also take this to the bank - Cadman will be a spud.

suss
Club Player

From the short clips I've seen, I'm very happy with Phillipou . Could be anything. I wasn't convinced about Tsatas's kicking at all.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Brunswicksainter wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:07pm Dark day for the football club about to have back to back first round picks leave the club after two years. Anyone celebrating this is clueless. What a disaster.
Hubby on BF

Well he was in the media saying he doesn't care where he goes and wants to be a one club player

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:45pm
Brunswicksainter wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:07pm Dark day for the football club about to have back to back first round picks leave the club after two years. Anyone celebrating this is clueless. What a disaster.
Hubby on BF

Well he was in the media saying he doesn't care where he goes and wants to be a one club player
The upside at our club is he can be a one club AND 3 coach player.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

As a club we just need to create an environment that makes them want to stay . On field success will be a factor but if they feel comfortable & can see a future here that will IMO be a big plus . NWM not signing a new contract is a worry but if we can give him a reason to recommit he may just make Phillipou buy in as well .

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 10:15pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:45pm
Hubby on BF

The upside at our club is he can be a one club AND 3 coach player.
Or after 7 games if he hasn’t won a Brownlow…he’s out going by our strong supporter base!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 10:16pm As a club we just need to create an environment that makes them want to stay . On field success will be a factor but if they feel comfortable & can see a future here that will IMO be a big plus . NWM not signing a new contract is a worry but if we can give him a reason to recommit he may just make Phillipou buy in as well .
I think NWM is gone next year tbh
I’d be hoping he turns into a FRDP next year plus we have our own from where we finish
Just a hunch but he screams go home factor to me

“Yeah….nah””
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 10:49pm
bangaulegend wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 10:16pm As a club we just need to create an environment that makes them want to stay . On field success will be a factor but if they feel comfortable & can see a future here that will IMO be a big plus . NWM not signing a new contract is a worry but if we can give him a reason to recommit he may just make Phillipou buy in as well .
I think NWM is gone next year tbh
I’d be hoping he turns into a FRDP next year plus we have our own from where we finish
Just a hunch but he screams go home factor to me
Yeah Teffers I get that vibe too but still holding out hope :wink:

wally
Club Player

I hope NWM does stay but who knows.
I think Port have traded next years FRDP so only leaves Adelaide.
Bet they will be “touching base “ with family and manager regularly.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone else getting Brendon Goddard vibes from Phillipou?

Saintmike65
Club Player

Beno88 wrote: Tue 29 Nov 2022 11:21am Anyone else getting Brendon Goddard vibes from Phillipou?

Yep..BJ didn’t lack confidence either!!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Beno88 wrote: Tue 29 Nov 2022 11:21am Anyone else getting Brendon Goddard vibes from Phillipou?
Good point. It's hard to believe that 10 years have past since the powers that be saw fit to let BJ go. And we have not been able to find a player quite like him since. Somebody that could grab a game by the scruff of the neck and turn it our way. Here's hoping.

Saint supporter since '62
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Tue 29 Nov 2022 12:19pm

Yep..BJ didn’t lack confidence either!!
Why would he lack confidence?
Performed in Gf’s like all champions do, just wish we had more like him!