Well done to the club and the AFL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Well done to the club and the AFL

I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two Friday arvos.
Heading to my local council footy oval at Moorabbin to watch the mighties play against two rival FOUNDATION clubs!
Love the fact that we were playing two 1897 teams at our home ground.

It was great to see all the locals roll up straight from work and school and just watch real footy as it was meant to be played.

Great stuff! In 2020 my favourite memories were our finals win against the 'Dogs, watching the H&A game versus the 'Dogs at the Mt Martha Drive In, and the pre-season match at Moorabbin against the Hawks - especially as that was the only match I ended up being actually able to go to that year.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Trixilver
Club Player

Re: Well done to the club and the AFL

It would be great to play a team that won't draw too big a crowd at Docklands for points sometime.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Trixilver wrote: Sat 04 Mar 2023 10:55pm It would be great to play a team that won't draw too big a crowd at Docklands for points sometime.
I highly doubt this will ever, ever happen. Even if they build seating - there is NO PARKING and that is the reason we were booted from Moorabbin - the residents hated having to move their cars before the game and not coming home until after 6:00 every second weekend.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't have to be every second weekend, and it would only be against a club with no supporters - the Suns and the Giants. Maybe Port Adelaide if they struggle for a while, they don't draw a crowd over here. It would have to be a fully ticketed event with GA tix for the outer and behind goals.
I actually think we are getting closer to this happening with matches being played for points in Ballarat and at local ovals in SA this season.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.