Prediction Rd 3

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Prediction Rd 3

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 10:14am
prwilkinson wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2023 2:32pm Need to start well. Saints by 27
Did start well - I assume that you meant Saints by 27 at Quarter Time and forgot to say Saints by 18 at the End.
Shame they got those cheap goals right at the end there. What a great night at the footy though. Most enjoyable for me for a while.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Well, pleased I was completely wrong in my prediction.
Really enjoyable night at the ground, the middle section of the last quarter was some of the best footy we have played in a while.
After they drew level I said to my companions at the game that we were losing every contest and looked slow and tired.
It was interesting they were definitely defending man on man when we had the ball, when they had the ball we played a zoned game which allowed them easy possessions at times.
Once we lifted our intensity we ran over them by not giving them time to spot up a short kick which they had done so well in the second, third and first 10 minutes of the final quarter.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Me? I have refrained from posting predictions because I live more in hope than any certainty. Works for me and I have gone to bed with a big smile on my face for three weekends in a row.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 03 Apr 2023 3:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

SinCitySainter wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 1:47pm Well, pleased I was completely wrong in my prediction.
Really enjoyable night at the ground, the middle section of the last quarter was some of the best footy we have played in a while.
After they drew level I said to my companions at the game that we were losing every contest and looked slow and tired.
It was interesting they were definitely defending man on man when we had the ball, when they had the ball we played a zoned game which allowed them easy possessions at times.
Once we lifted our intensity we ran over them by not giving them time to spot up a short kick which they had done so well in the second, third and first 10 minutes of the final quarter.
A few of our guys, in post-game interviews, have mentioned how fit we are, and how we've all bought in to the plan.
We need fitness to hold firm against the Pies, so we can execute the plan.
I think superior fitness will overcome other teams when they have tactics against us, as we'll execute better than them.
I mean, their plans will be harder for them in the last quarter when they just chase tail.
I suggest Dogs+Injectors ran out of puff in last qtr, and couldn't keep up

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

How many goals have the opposition teams kicked against us in the 4th quarter of the three games played? 2 or 3, that's all.