Is Caminiti in trouble?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jays
Club Player

Re: Is Caminiti in trouble?

f*** around find out

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Has it been confirmed that his concussion was from that incident?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Murphy threw a punch, took a dive, then threw a tantrum. What a f****** gutless clown.

saintbob
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Sun 16 Apr 2023 10:46pm Has it been confirmed that his concussion was from that incident?
Not listed in Collingwood’s injuries, Macrae was just covering for his player because he was embarrassed by the way he went down!!!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Having watched it a number of times now , what I find most interesting is what a waste of time four umpires are !
It took a few repeats to work out who were the boundary umps and who were the field umps. But once noticed , one umpire is up the other end so can't see too much , the other three are within 40 metres of the ball yet the way they are positioned have their backs to 14 players .
I thought the idea of four umpires was so they could see more infringements off the ball .
Just like this one !

In red white and black from 73
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The neutrals reckon he’s in a bit of trouble, so my money is on he’ll miss a few

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Will be a pisstake if he goes but we know we cop it.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

When Caminiti turned around Murphy kind of did this weird movement and ducked down and it looks like he got hit in the head.

He’ll get a few weeks for that.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 16 Apr 2023 11:36pm Will be a pisstake if he goes but we know we cop it.
Paddy last year.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 16 Apr 2023 10:46pm Has it been confirmed that his concussion was from that incident?
My query too

saint4life
SuperDuper
Club Player

Murphy hit him first in a very similar action, with a jab to the face... Caminiti relatialited in kind but got him flush

Camininti will get suspended but Murphy should also get suspended for his hit on Caminiti.. I assume he will not

SuperDuper
Club Player

Moods wrote: Sun 16 Apr 2023 9:15pm In my opinion he’ll get 2 weeks. Murphy is out Anzac Day with concussion apparently. Was behind play off the ball
Yes it was behind play but it was Murphy who initiated a box on... hitting Caminiti first... So it was hardly Caminiti who decided to engage "well behind the play"
HE will get a couple of weeks but so should Murphy

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

It was not only behind the play, it was from behind, a king hit.
Reckless, high contact and huge impact cause Caminiti gonna knock your arse out.
f*** the 2 weeks, well earnt. Pussies like that shouldn't be playing on Anzac Day. Repercussion concussion, sad, dangerous, but appropriate in the circumstances.

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 12:07am It was not only behind the play, it was from behind, a king hit.
Reckless, high contact and huge impact cause Caminiti gonna knock your arse out.
f*** the 2 weeks, well earnt. Pussies like that shouldn't be playing on Anzac Day. Repercussion concussion, sad, dangerous, but appropriate in the circumstances.
Agree to an extent. You try that on the wrong bloke in local footy and you are wearing one on the chin.
Niggle compared to that are much different.

But consequences are we lose a tall forward for an important game.

King Max
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 12:07am It was not only behind the play, it was from behind, a king hit.
A king hit from behind? Did you actually see it?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 12:40am
A king hit from behind? Did you actually see it?
https://www.afl.com.au/video/907191/mur ... wsFeed:Yes

Takealook for yourself, first3 seconds.

King Max
Club Player

Sure. He had a baseball bat as well.

wally
Club Player

They just showed it on the today show one angle clearly shows Murphy hits him first in the neck/ jaw then he responds.It is off the ball but not like Caminiti hit him from nowhere.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 3:38am Sure. He had a baseball bat as well.

He struck Caminiti first. It was cowardly, Caminiti was turning, it was filthy behaviour, even for a football field.
His force was probably greater than Caminiti's, it was not only intentional but a gross violation of his code of conduct and the rules and had Caminiti ducked the same way he did, then, he'd probablybe telling us how remorseful he was.
It's extraordinary that he will probably get off scott-free. The message it sends to young people, young men and woman is irresponsible, to say the least.
On a day when we say, just looking the other way is not ok.
Like I said, Caminiti earnt his weeks and he will do them, but that other d**khead should do just as many for his part. Caminiti was defending himself.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It's rare for me to have much sympathy for the people who have to make rulings on these sorts of things, but this one is tough.

Here's how I see it.

1. Murphy threw a punch (of sorts) at Caminiti.

2. Caminiti went to respond by trying to give Murphy a shove in the chest the way that players do to each other all game every game.

3. For some reason Murphy ducked forward and the contact ended up being to his head. There was really no way known that Caminiti could have expected that to happen.

To me, it was unintentional high contact, and could be deemed reckless at a bit of a stretch. First offence. One or two weeks at most, and he'd have to consider himself unlucky.
Last edited by meher baba on Mon 17 Apr 2023 8:35am, edited 2 times in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Moods
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 8:14am
King Max wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 3:38am Sure. He had a baseball bat as well.

He struck Caminiti first. It was cowardly, Caminiti was turning, it was filthy behaviour, even for a football field.
His force was probably greater than Caminiti's, it was not only intentional but a gross violation of his code of conduct and the rules and had Caminiti ducked the same way he did, then, he'd probablybe telling us how remorseful he was.
It's extraordinary that he will probably get off scott-free. The message it sends to young people, young men and woman is irresponsible, to say the least.
On a day when we say, just looking the other way is not ok.
Like I said, Caminiti earnt his weeks and he will do them, but that other d**khead should do just as many for his part. Caminiti was defending himself.
I get that these things can get emotive, but that’s one of the most hysterical responses I’ve ever read. Are you being serious?

Murphy, at worst, threw a punch/arm that’s connected with Hammer’s shoulder/chest area as hammer was turning. It’s still unclear exactly what Hammer did in response, but unfortunately Murphy has a glass jaw so has concussion, which sadly means our man will miss. This nonsense re code of conduct etc and messages being sent to young people…..

spert
Saintsational Legend

I saw nothing serious in it, but Caminiti made some kind of front-on above the shoulders contact in response to Murphy's contact to Caminiti from behind as the vid clearly shows. Murphy didn't look dazed or concussed when he came off- looked pretty clear and alert. If it was a Geelong player, then it would be a warning or fine, but being a young Saints player, probably a week or two.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 9:08am I saw nothing serious in it, but Caminiti made some kind of front-on above the shoulders contact in response to Murphy's contact to Caminiti from behind as the vid clearly shows. Murphy didn't look dazed or concussed when he came off- looked pretty clear and alert. If it was a Geelong player, then it would be a warning or fine, but being a young Saints player, probably a week or two.
I agree, but he lay on the ground spread eagled for about 30 sec before coming off

spert
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 9:15am
spert wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 9:08am I saw nothing serious in it, but Caminiti made some kind of front-on above the shoulders contact in response to Murphy's contact to Caminiti from behind as the vid clearly shows. Murphy didn't look dazed or concussed when he came off- looked pretty clear and alert. If it was a Geelong player, then it would be a warning or fine, but being a young Saints player, probably a week or two.
I agree, but he lay on the ground spread eagled for about 30 sec before coming off
Gotta add some drama to it :)

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

murphy instigated it, and then dropped his head into what would have been a strike to the chest. Whether he slipped or whether he was trying to buy a free who knows? Spargo did the same thing against essendon this week and the free went against him. As I see it there was no intent, and if it's reckless conduct to throw punches or elbows at an opponent's chest in retaliation to having been struck youself from behind, then half the afl players will be having a spell at some time this year. Murphy's history is irrelevant - you can't have some players deemed more protected than others.
Of course the afl will ignore commonsense, especially when they can make a point using a smaller club and a low profile player. So two weeks. If it was Cripps he'd be running around next week.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "