Is Caminiti in trouble?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Is Caminiti in trouble?

If it’s any consolation - Nathan Buckley knows exactly where it’s at and explains it perfectly. Not exactly a glowing character reference for Murphy. Call Bucks as a witness

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... d4e095c87d

Go you red, black & white warriors
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Wow, the keyboard warriors are out in force this evening.

So far in this thread Nathan Murphy has been referred to as:

- Soft
- Weak as piss
- F****** gutless clown
- Wimp
- Pussie
- Cowardly filthy pig
- Squib
- Coward
- Pillow
- Poof ta
- Low life piece of crap

Clearly these posters do not understand the game, the level of courage it takes to play at this level and have no concept of players in the competition and how they are regarded by their peers.

Anthony should get 2 weeks absolute maximum (hopefully 1) IMO, for careless contact.

FWIW I have known Anthony since he was 10 and Nathan is close mates with my Nephew so he has grown up around our family, both great young men out having a great crack at being professional sportsmen. I'd have a really good chuckle of some of the tough hombres on this site had the opportunity to reiterate these comments to his dad Shaun or a couple of his uncles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lastly, here are a couple of videos of the pussie, wimp, squib, coward plying his trade on the footy field.
Jono Brown describes Murphy as really courageous, but what would he know compared to the Sainstaional footy experts :wink:

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Killa
Club Player

A couple of points

If you duck to occasion high contact it is play on

This includes dropping your knees along with actually ducking your head

So you have contributed to the high contact and no action is taken - play on

Then the description that having received such contact to the head the player was removed from the ground by the medical staff as a precaution given the player’s history of multiple concussions

So did the contact concuss him - noting his actions upon being removed from the ground so hardly debilitated and in fact overly aggressive

How did he make his way off the ground?

Was he necessarily assisted from the ground?

And should Caminti be liable for a pre existing condition, a pre existing condition which resulted in the caution of the player being removed from the ground?

Noting the head high contact was due to the player lowering his centre of gravity

And otherwise was the instigator hence a retaliation

I also do not think the Collingwood Coach has acted appropriately, citing not seeing the incident then seeking to blame the St Kilda player for concussing one of the Collingwood players (noting the historical reasons for the player being removed, so concussed or a precaution given a history?)

As for the Collingwood player, if you can’t take it don’t give it

What transpires from here will be interesting

And to digress

The ANZAC Day game in Adelaide is between the Grand Finalists from the previous season - and always has been

It should be the same for the AFL

These matters draw scrutiny of the AFL competition and the AFL stands to be judged accordingly

Go and fight St Kilda - and cement the respect between Club and players

loris
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 11:36pm Wow, the keyboard warriors are out in force this evening.

- Soft
- Weak as piss
- F****** gutless clown
- Wimp
- Pussie
- Cowardly filthy pig
- Squib
- Coward
- Pillow
- Poof ta
- Low life piece of crap

Clearly these posters do not understand the game, the level of courage it takes to play at this level and have no concept of players in the competition and how they are regarded by their peers.

Anthony should get 2 weeks absolute maximum (hopefully 1) IMO, for careless contact.

FWIW I have known Anthony since he was 10 and Nathan is close mates with my Nephew so he has grown up around our family, both great young men out having a great crack at being professional sportsmen. I'd have a really good chuckle of some of the tough hombres on this site had the opportunity to reiterate these comments to his dad Shaun or a couple of his uncles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lastly, here are a couple of videos of the pussie, wimp, squib, coward plying his trade on the footy field.
Jono Brown describes Murphy as really courageous, but what would he know compared to the Sainstaional footy experts :wink:

Fantastic post D.B C. 👏👏
I’m amazed at times at the stupidity of some of the posters on here with their comments. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and excuse their comments, mainly because supporting the Saints is such an emotionally taxing lifestyle choice. However, comments like you have highlighted shows when it all boils down, some Saint supporters are tarred with the same brush as some Collingwood supporters.

Choice of video clips fantastic.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 11:36pm Wow, the keyboard warriors are out in force this evening.

- Soft
- Weak as piss
- F****** gutless clown
- Wimp
- Pussie
- Cowardly filthy pig
- Squib
- Coward
- Pillow
- Poof ta
- Low life piece of crap

Collingwood website is - that way you’re on the wrong site
I couldn’t give a **** about Nathan’s uncles
Hit a 19 year old off the ball behind play when he wasn’t expecting it and you’re a dog /squib take your pick I don’t care
Flog should a been cited but cause he’s a filth player gets off
Joke

“Yeah….nah””
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

interesting that no one has brought up what many of us have been hearing , that add to list Murphy is a lowlife racist piece of s***

The straw the broke the back and what Caminito really incensed was being called a "Wog c***"

Stay classy Collingwood

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 11:52pm

- Soft
- Weak as piss
- F****** gutless clown
- Wimp
- Pussie
- Cowardly filthy pig
- Squib
- Coward
- Pillow
- Poof ta
- Low life piece of crap

Hit a 19 year old off the ball behind play when he wasn’t expecting it and you’re a dog /squib take your pick I don’t care
Joke
As I wrote, the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight 😂

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 11:59pm interesting that no one has brought up what many of us have been hearing , that add to list Murphy is a lowlife racist piece of s***

The straw the broke the back and what Caminito really incensed was being called a "Wog c***"

Stay classy Collingwood
For real? Where did you hear this?

If that’s the case, I absolutely feel vindicated for calling Murphy every name in the book.

Sorry, DB Cooper, but if our lads are being racially vilified by Filth players, then it’s WAR !!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 12:10am
Teflon wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 11:52pm

- Soft
- Weak as piss
- F****** gutless clown
- Wimp
- Pussie
- Cowardly filthy pig
- Squib
- Coward
- Pillow
- Poof ta
- Low life piece of crap

Joke
As I wrote, the keyboard warriors are out in force tonight 😂
Along with the Collingwood apologists
Wrong website no one gives a Shyte who you know

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 12:21am
HardSaint wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 11:59pm interesting that no one has brought up what many of us have been hearing , that add to list Murphy is a lowlife racist piece of s***

Stay classy Collingwood

If that’s the case, I absolutely feel vindicated for calling Murphy every name in the book.

Sorry, DB Cooper, but if our lads are being racially vilified by Filth players, then it’s WAR !!
DB has a video showing he’s all class!
Plays for filth says it all

“Yeah….nah””
Templar
Club Player

If true. Great timing on Murphy's part. Not.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Killa
Club Player

The defence will be on legal grounds - not character assassination

The defence is to present that the AFL has over reacted given the actual circumstances, contemporaneous and current

And the subject matter, being concussion

All these matters conspire to the AFL over reacting and pandering to the Court of public opinion and concern with the concussion issue in the sport

Windhager, late, was spoilt from marking by a fist to the head

Another Collingwood player, penalised gesticulated that he has attempting to fist the ball not the head

So inconsistency

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 1:48pm How many weeks did that players arse get for concussing McCartin?

Impact is clearly not correlating with outcome. Hit two different players in the same way and get two different punishments.

I believe you need punish for 'potential' and determine how much the offending player was in control.
This

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 10:49pm
chook23 wrote: Mon 17 Apr 2023 7:56pm I am still not convinced he hit him high

Unless there is other vision

Was this the incident that caused the concussion??

Can a hit in chest cause concussion via a head jolt
Cammo forearmed him to the jaw in the end but Murphy dropped just as Cammo got him. It was supposed to be a forearm to the chest. Dead unlucky.

Murphy is a flat out fvckwit for punching a bloke to start it when he himself has a glass jaw as bad as McCartin. And then pisses and moans coming off the ground as he rightly got sat on his ar£e
...And This

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I've read through six pages of this thread and no one has mentioned the MRO (ex Collingwood player ... otherwise known by Saints fans as inept 'parasite bludger')

As Otiman said;
Impact is clearly not correlating with outcome. Hit two different players in the same way and get two different punishments.

I believe you need punish for 'potential' and determine how much the offending player was in control.
The incompetent turd needs to get a brain. The incident is worth 2 weeks at best. Why is Christian wasting the tribunals time
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 18 Apr 2023 2:19am, edited 2 times in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The Saints have a fairly experienced legal eagle on the Board.
Jack Rush QC.
One would hope Bassat calls Mr Rush into his office for a coffee and a chat.
Remembering a certain Bluebagger Brownlow winner, who challenged The Kremlin with the help of an expensive legal team.

Saints website says that prior to joining the Board,
Mr Rush was the Chair of the AFL Grievance Tribunal and provided legal advice to the AFL on several occasions.

If you want someone in your corner, he ticks every box IMHO.
Just the mention of his name will make the Filth start wetting their pants

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Murphy's head connects with Caminiti's shoulder and upper arm. It wasn't even a punch. It was more a push like Harry McKay on Sheezle

McKay was initally rubbed out by the MRO for 1 match but he got off.

The fact that Murphy goes down and stays there is more because of shock, rather than an actual concussion

Murphy crapped his pants with flashbacks of previous concussions and the trauma he suffered and thinking he might be in that situation again

Their doctor and the club are trying to protect him from any further possibility of CTE so that's a totally separate issue to the claimed injury caused to him

Murphy looked around for assistance but he didn't need it. Ended up sprinting off to get assessed.

Which incident has the potential to cause more damage - the push to the face from Caminiti on Murphy ...or the late hit from McKay?

If the tribunal is happy to let McKay off then Cammo has nothing to worry about

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stay classy Collingwood
The lowlife Murphy ( very apt btw) bitchd and moaned about being a victim

The Collingwood players and the Collingwood coach all supported him and they'll be embarrassed as will the Collinwood FC

This is a big issue. It's a separate issue to the report for striking

No matter what happens at the tribunal to Hammer, Murphy needs to be called out and be accountable for his actions

St Kilda Football Club needs to raise the matter so it can be investigated immediately by the AFL

If we haven't already done it - then why not?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

One other thing

If Murphy can't handle any impact to his head he needs to retire

Are opposition clubs supposed to do research on players concussion history before they step out on the filed?

The turd MRO charged Adams from Collingwood and Green from GWS with 'careless contact' & medium impact but somehow because of Murphy's history and frailty he decides to charge Caminiti with 'intentional contact' and SEVERE impact.

The force with which he pushed Murphy was not severe/ That is just totally wrong.

Murphy instigated the push and shove and Murphy struck Cammo first/ Cammo basically 'carelessly' retaliated as if by reflex

https://www.afl.com.au/news/907284/matc ... ant-banned

lewdogs
Club Player

Stay classy Collingwood
If that is true then Caminiti should report it and Murphy will be in for a very, very long holiday.

It's very unlikely true though.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 12:21am

Stay classy Collingwood

If Murphy racially vilified Anthony, I hope he is cited, made to apologize and suspended for several weeks.

If a rumor posted on an internet forum validates you writing that a young sportsman is quote "a coward" from behind the safety of your keyboard, then good for you!

Have a nice day :)

takeaway
Club Player

It is good to read passionate Saints supporters defending their player. Unfortunately for some that means low attacks on the "victim" based on nothing, just rubbish rumours and junk media.

The cold hard facts will be all that is examined at the tribunal, and that indicates a poor reaction from Caminiti, and a concussion. Caminiti to his credit has been doing pretty well and has generated a presence on the field, and that attracts more attention from defenders and the opposition in general. He has to learn to deal with that within the rules, and this incident will serve as a good lesson for him.

Good result - 2 weeks. Poor result - 4 weeks or more.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 16 Apr 2023 9:50pm Gave himself away after the game too.
If the defender is giving it then bad luck.
If he cops a week so be it, but don’t bow down afterwards….look weak and sends a s*** message.
I found this comment interesting, I have watched the end of the game a few times. It does not seem Caminiti has bowed to anyone. I think Caminiti wasn't putting up with anything Murphy was saying. Pendlebury and other players seemed very interested in the conversation they were having. Caminiti turned his back on Murphy whilst Murphy was still trying to write the narrative of his actions, before and after.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Tue 18 Apr 2023 12:21am Along with the Collingwood apologists
Wrong website no one gives a Shyte who you know
You wrote that a very courageous young sportsman is quote:

" a squib"
" a low life piece of crap"
" a dog"

Then you have given the 'old chestnut' of go to the Collingwood website, Collingwood apologist, to justify your behavior.

As I wrote, the keyboard warriors are certainly out in force in this thread.

Last edited by D.B.Cooper on Tue 18 Apr 2023 9:16am, edited 2 times in total.