Jade, staying or going

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Jade, staying or going

Rubyjo wrote: Wed 03 May 2023 11:02pm I'd like to trade him ..if we can get a good second round pick for him. He is in the same basket as Jones ..total hit and miss players who lack the consistency needed . We need to find better players and need to trade people like Gresham to find them . He is really a 50 /50 player .one good game one poor game ..it's not good enough and wouldn't surprise me if Ross trades him.
I think this is quite a sensible, objective post, bravo.
I would agree with you, but...
I think our squad had been hampered in the past by a combination of 💩 coaches, 💩 game plan, and maybe players who couldn't execute basic skills even under little pressure.

I'd give him until later in the season before passing judgement on him- give him a chance under our new coaches, to see if they can turn him around.
By then the coaches will be able to tell SoS whether he fits our long term plans.

Ross has said that he came in not knowing much about us.
Of course he knew about our squad, as he was a keen media observer, but he was an outsider.
He needed to be on the inside to get the best idea about their strengths and weaknesses.
This year is about finding out who stays and who goes

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
B.M
Saintsational Legend

He’s a free agent

Other clubs don’t need to trade for him

What are the odds a second rounder will be better or even as good

Rhys Stanley for pick 21 (Hugh Goddard)
We were laughing all the way to the bank

Hugh has come and gone - Rhys is now a premiership player who is STILL playing

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Trade Gresham for a second round pick. Lol.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

ace wrote: Wed 03 May 2023 3:39pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 03 May 2023 11:44am Total speculation. Apart from the obvious, why the hell would he got to Hawthorn?

Does The Age ever get anything right? A terrible newspaper but then again all newspapers are terrible these days.
The Age has only ever had three uses.
Back when I was kid

1. The fish and chip shop would wrap them in grease proof paper and then in The Age.
Eventually it was deemed too un hygienic.

2. You would lay The Age out on the kitchen floor, tip your kitchen rubbish bin contents on top, wrap it up and put in the main rubbish bin.
This practice was later replaced with plastic bags, but think of the plastic bags that would save it were to return.

3. You would leave a few copies of the The Age in the WC so that if you ran out of toilet paper you had a substitute.
Potential problems with printer ink and cheap price and availability of proper toilet paper caused this practice to cease.

So to summarise The Age is now not fit to wrap your food in, not fit to wrap your rubbish in and not fit to wipe your ar$e on.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Saturday's Age, pre-internet with all its layers of supplements and classified advertisements, was highly sought by homeless gentlemen seeking a warm place to sleep in Melbourne's public parks and gardens. Cruelly known as a derro's doona.

Saint supporter since '62
older saint
SS Life Member

If he wants to leave will be free agency based and therefore compensation will be based on his salary . EG if Hawthorn for example likely he will be a very highly paid player on their list and potential for first round compo.

That said prefer he didn't leave as has something we lack on the talent list at the moment.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Sorry to digress, the following has nothing to do with Jade Gresham's future, but it brought back memories of growing up in Melbourne in the 1950s.

As a kid from a 7 kid piss-poor migrant family our parents could only afford to buy a modest 4 BR brick veneer home close to Springvale railway station when we arrived in 1951.

It was 10 years before sewerage was connected so like all our neighbours we had a backyard dunny.

I reckon we were probably the only family in Victoria that had a 'two-seater' and believe me, by the time the dunnyman collected the cans in the early hours once a week they were almost overflowing because to make a few quid our parents rented the main bedroom to a couple of boarders...at night all the males in the house were required to pee on the compost heap under the fig tree, which produced the most delicious fruit!

And if you're wondering - no we never did our business together; but my sisters still recall that sometimes when the loo was occupied by our father, who sometimes took ages to evacuate his bowels, they would make a desperate dash down to the Springy station :lol:

It was my job to cut up The Age and Herald newspapers into small squares in which I punched a hole and hung on a piece of string in the loo.

Years later if ever I ran out of toilet paper while on routine census patrols in New Guinea, when squatting over a pit latrine I always fell back on newspaper.

The younger generations today haven't a clue what they missed out on....they were such good days.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

He's been in a big contract. Since signing his last deal we've added a lot more talent, which means he may not be in the highest bracket of earners from now on. He's a talent, and I'm loathe to let any talent go.

Hope he signs, but if he doesn't intend to I want him to have a ripping year so we get the best possible compensation

outside66
Club Player

A lot of water to go under the bridge but it's looking like a win-win scenario at this point in time. If he stays then I think that's great but if he goes we would be in a position to potentially match the bid and force a trade.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

outside66 wrote: Thu 04 May 2023 4:38pm A lot of water to go under the bridge but it's looking like a win-win scenario at this point in time. If he stays then I think that's great but if he goes we would be in a position to potentially match the bid and force a trade.
Similar to Ross and Billings. We make a reasonable offer, his manager looks around, if someone offers him big money we can let him go and get decent compensation, if they don’t he stays with us at fair value.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

B.M wrote: Wed 03 May 2023 7:18pm I don’t think he’s been used correctly
Where would you play him?
I find it hard to love or hate him.
He seems to be the real deal.
I want him to be, injuries cruelled a nice ramp he was flying off but the return last year seemed flat.
This year he looks deadly but actions only show bursts of brillance followed by drab.

Dont know what he needs...a new position, a fresh passion, a new team?

It'd be a bloody waste to let him walk off with untapped potential.

Templar
Club Player

If you crumple and scrunch it up it works better. (The paper not the money)

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

The same way Papley, Kosi and other dangerous small forwards are being used

At stoppage and burst forward

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 03 May 2023 11:44am Total speculation. Apart from the obvious, why the hell would he got to Hawthorn?

Does The Age ever get anything right? A terrible newspaper but then again all newspapers are terrible these days.
Back when I was kid

1. The fish and chip shop would wrap them in grease proof paper and then in The Age.

2. You would lay The Age out on the kitchen floor, tip your kitchen rubbish bin contents on top, wrap it up and put in the main rubbish bin.
This practice was later replaced with plastic bags, but think of the plastic bags that would save it were to return.

3. You would leave a few copies of the The Age in the WC so that if you ran out of toilet paper you had a substitute.
Potential problems with printer ink and cheap price and availability of proper toilet paper caused this practice to cease.

So to summarise The Age is now not fit to wrap your food in, not fit to wrap your rubbish in and not fit to wipe your ar$e on.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
What are you talking about? Before Fairfax went down the crapper, being part owned by mining billionaire scum, it was Melbourne’s leading mainstream newspaper. But I’m guessing you probably prefer Murdoch’s various brands of toilet paper lol

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

B.M wrote: Fri 05 May 2023 12:27am The same way Papley, Kosi and other dangerous small forwards are being used

At stoppage and burst forward
Ive wondered if injury has hampered his burst speed? He definitely has shown it. I was sure hed surpass the likes of Steven in the mid but he just hasnt. Id be keen to see him work stoppages. He has the build to be a grind & burst player.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure what he offers. His disposal is terrible.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 8:42pm I'm not sure what he offers. His disposal is terrible.
Yep, along with his ‘first touch’.

Runs over the ball too much, especially for a small forward. Watch Butler, it’s night and day.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He's done his calf by the looks of it. If so, 4 weeks min.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

He's been given too much latitude because of what we wish. Gresham & Billings have both struggled with injuries. Billings is the better player & definitely the more honest player.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Fri 05 May 2023 1:19am

Back when I was kid

What are you talking about? Before Fairfax went down the crapper, being part owned by mining billionaire scum, it was Melbourne’s leading mainstream newspaper. But I’m guessing you probably prefer Murdoch’s various brands of toilet paper lol
Way earlier than Fairfax, that I am talking the 1950s.
I was too young to know about owners but during the early 1970s i know it was owned by the Syme family.
But nothing has changed other than it is no longer a broadsheet.

Murdoch had not started The Australian, there was The Sun in the morning and then various editions of The Herald published during day.
I don't know who owned them back then.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 07 May 2023 9:05pm He's been given too much latitude because of what we wish. Gresham & Billings have both struggled with injuries. Billings is the better player & definitely the more honest player.
Challenging the honesty of an indigenous player without massive proof could be considered racist.
You may get a response from the AFL banning you for life.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.