Alistair walks out on North

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Alistair walks out on North

Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 10:47am
Yorkeys wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 10:29am Equally plausible: there is no substance to the allegations. Is that why its dragging on.
Has it become a proxy for all Aboriginal &TSI grievances over racism in football.
Stick to the funny stuff Yorkeys ...and try not to show your true feelings

I'm not even going to ask you to elaborate on what you mean by the sentence highlighted

It's better that people don't comment when it's blatantly obvious that they have nfi what they're talking about. Notice I didn't directly accuse you of anything there?!

I know it's awkward and uncomfortable for some people to understand 'grievances over racism' but let me ask you this:

Did you grow up in a country where people were racist towards you Yorkeys... or were you denied the right to go to school or walk into a shop or a pub?
No Scollop, but being dirt poor gives some point of reference, and I've worked in the UN system with nasty nepotism and racism directed against me not uncommon from some countries nationals, and in regulatory agencies working with North Asian negotiators who go bare knuckle; comparatively insignificant of course. I've also worked for years in an Aboriginal organisation and been refused common courtesies, physically threatened because of my skin and have people refuse my services because of my colour. I have also experienced great kindless, respect and appreciation in the same communities. But I take your point, a person with my lived experiences should not be allowed to comment. All yours.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Moods wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 4:58pm I’m hearing a lot of motherhood statements from a lot of media idiots, talking about how the Hawks have blood on their hands, they’re disgrace, and they’ve botched this entire investigation . Not one person has come out and said how it should’ve happened. All they’ve done is attack Hawthorn and the AFL. No one knows what hurdles The AFL is confronting trying to get this investigation completed. Most of the hand wringing is because of sympathy for Clarkson, Fagen and Birt. Everyone seems to have forgotten very quickly what they were said to have done in the report. Because they say they’re completely innocent, we’re straightaway happy to believe them. It’s little wonder the accusers don’t want their names mentioned. Now then they would be under attack miles more than anything Clarkson has gone through
The accusers didn't want their names mentioned before the s*** hit the fan and at least some of them chose to leak their untested allegations to the ABC. It appears that it is the accusers who have delayed the process, by not choosing to provide specific allegations to Clarkson etc and making demands for conditions on any mediation, conditions that amount to confessions from Clarkson etc. There is no evidence that proceedings have been delayed by the accused parties or the AFL.

The process by any measure, has been appalling, any concept of due process or natural justice has been trashed. Those conducting the investigation ought to be sacked, pure and simple.

Then there's those making the complaints, at least some of them, wouldn't know if its all of them. There are two plausible explanations for their conduct in this process. They're lawyers are incompetent and/or unethical chancers, or their complaints are either exaggerated or plain crap.

The nonsense needs to be abandoned, the aggrieved parties have a number of legal avenues they can pursue if their grievances are genuine. Clarkson and Co need to walk away from the process, they cannot submit to a process that's damaged beyond repair.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 20 May 2023 10:48am
Scollop wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 10:47am
Yorkeys wrote: Fri 19 May 2023 10:29am Equally plausible: there is no substance to the allegations. Is that why its dragging on.
Has it become a proxy for all Aboriginal &TSI grievances over racism in football.
Stick to the funny stuff Yorkeys ...and try not to show your true feelings

I'm not even going to ask you to elaborate on what you mean by the sentence highlighted

It's better that people don't comment when it's blatantly obvious that they have nfi what they're talking about. Notice I didn't directly accuse you of anything there?!

I know it's awkward and uncomfortable for some people to understand 'grievances over racism' but let me ask you this:

Did you grow up in a country where people were racist towards you Yorkeys... or were you denied the right to go to school or walk into a shop or a pub?
No Scollop, but being dirt poor gives some point of reference, and I've worked in the UN system with nasty nepotism and racism directed against me not uncommon from some countries nationals, and in regulatory agencies working with North Asian negotiators who go bare knuckle; comparatively insignificant of course. I've also worked for years in an Aboriginal organisation and been refused common courtesies, physically threatened because of my skin and have people refuse my services because of my colour. I have also experienced great kindless, respect and appreciation in the same communities. But I take your point, a person with my lived experiences should not be allowed to comment. All yours.
You qualify your latest statement by adding that Not All Aboriginal communities are alike

Thanks for the revelation that some Aboriginal people have animosity towards European Anglo Saxon whites. I wonder why that would be?

markp
Saintsational Legend

If the allegations are so egregiously off the mark and damaging then the simplest way for clarkson and co to clear their good names is to sue the abc for defamation.

What could go wrong?

They'll make a packet, surely....

Maybe kerry stokes would fund it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Poor Ratts.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 20 May 2023 5:29pm Poor Ratts.
What the heck? How can a professional sporting club get something basic like that wrong? People bet on AFL: I think there should be a full inquiry into how such a mistake could change the result of a match.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Particularly odd that they weren’t flooding back either in the last few minutes.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like the AFL is going to rap up the investigation and exonerate the accused due to a lack of evidence, if i read the online article correctly ?

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Sun 21 May 2023 12:26am Sounds like the AFL is going to rap up the investigation and exonerate the accused due to a lack of evidence, if i read the online article correctly ?
I read that too and it’s simply not true. You can’t be exonerated if there’s not enough evidence. Exoneration means it’s been proven the allegations are false. The investigation may come to a halt and it’s found there’s not enough evidence to proceed, but they can’t and won’t be exonerated unless all evidence is on the table.

It’s like people who claim that a finding of not guilty means they’re declared innocent. No, they’re not

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 21 May 2023 4:09am
bobmurray wrote: Sun 21 May 2023 12:26am Sounds like the AFL is going to rap up the investigation and exonerate the accused due to a lack of evidence, if i read the online article correctly ?
I read that too and it’s simply not true. You can’t be exonerated if there’s not enough evidence. Exoneration means it’s been proven the allegations are false. The investigation may come to a halt and it’s found there’s not enough evidence to proceed, but they can’t and won’t be exonerated unless all evidence is on the table.

It’s like people who claim that a finding of not guilty means they’re declared innocent. No, they’re not
I think Scottish courts have another option. "Not proven."