The tackle is dead.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Re: The tackle is dead.

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 9:27pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 5:47pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 3:00pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 8:58pm No tackling or bumping lol
Welcome to the GAYFL.
Gotta love casual homophobia when Sydney and St Kilda were celebrating pride and inclusion in that game!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Fkn spare me 🥴🙄
Nope.
No place for it at all.
It might have been mildly amusing 40 years ago, but it's not funny now.
I’ll say what I want. Thanks.

PC is for losers!!

Thus why the AFL has gone down the toilet.
Concentrate on all the dogooder weekly trash, but can’t sort out it’s own rules or ensure local competitions are looked after and let them slowly die. Look at country footy as prime examples. It’s rooted.

So again, I won’t apologise for anything I say because opinions are like arseholes, you've got one, I’ve got one.

Some people on here really think they are above others based on their own proclaimed moral compass.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

INAPPROPRIATE POST RULE

There will be ZERO tolerance for any sexist, racist, ageist, homophobic, religiously or culturally offensive, or highly sexually explicit terms or commentary in the Fan Forum or Private Messages.

Such behaviour is a breach and an automatic 1 WEEK BAN will be issued without warning.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
ctqs
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 10:29pm
Welcome to the GAYFL.
Gotta love casual homophobia when Sydney and St Kilda were celebrating pride and inclusion in that game!
Fkn spare me 🥴🙄
Nope.
No place for it at all.

PC is for losers!!

Concentrate on all the dogooder weekly trash, but can’t sort out it’s own rules or ensure local competitions are looked after and let them slowly die. Look at country footy as prime examples. It’s rooted.

So again, I won’t apologise for anything I say because opinions are like arseholes, you've got one, I’ve got one.

Some people on here really think they are above others based on their own proclaimed moral compass.
Go and support another team in another league. Our club has made it clear people like you are not wanted.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 10:29pm
Welcome to the GAYFL.
Fkn spare me 🥴🙄
Nope.
No place for it at all.

PC is for losers!!

Sure...whatever.
Freedom of speech is your right, of course. But don't confuse freedom of speech with freedom from consequence.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 9:44pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:10am He'll get off according to Joey

I watched the replay on FoxFooty and if our legal team do not use the Leigh Montagna defence for Butler then the board of directors all need to stand down and resign
Lol the bias in these footy shows is an utter disgrace
Jordan Lewis (up there with Dixon as some of the worst footy commentators get to around) suggest Sicily (who sling his man) had no choice in the matter ..
But he’s happy for Butler to be suspended??????
Something has to be done about blatant football bias in the media
Lewis is a **** head of the highest…
Booo hoo he flew to Sydney to present Buddy’s jumper …must’ve cried all night the flog

I actually agree with your post and was about to post similar sentiments.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Thanks to the tribunal ruling on Butler's appeal, the tackle appears to have risen from the dead like Lazarus.

But it will be interesting to see what happens with Sicily's case. I don't think there was all that much in his tackle either: it was sort of a sling, but I don't think that was in any way what Sicily intended: it was a consequence of the momentum of the tackle.

There are two or more players involved in each tackle. The player who launches the tackle can't be expected to be able to control everything that happens from that point onwards: that's an absurd concept.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift