Ladder predictor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Killa
Club Player

Re: Ladder predictor

So a line thru Richmond (and we play them next at Docklands)

The next put a line thru match is Adelaide v Gold Coast

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

No way will Richmond finish above us now.
They're gone. We'll beat them next week.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The omissions this week for Richmond were deafening. They have the cue in the rack, I reckon.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 7:06am The omissions this week for Richmond were deafening. They have the cue in the rack, I reckon.
We should too, deadset crazy to be flogging a few players that need to stay on the sidelines for a bit, Max King at the top of that list. If he hurts that shoulder again it will be pure incompetence on Lyon's behalf.

Needs to get in the gym and spend the rest of the season and pre season on strength and conditioning.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 9:17am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 7:06am The omissions this week for Richmond were deafening. They have the cue in the rack, I reckon.
We should too, deadset crazy to be flogging a few players that need to stay on the sidelines for a bit, Max King at the top of that list. If he hurts that shoulder again it will be pure incompetence on Lyon's behalf.

Needs to get in the gym and spend the rest of the season and pre season on strength and conditioning.
The strength and conditioning is part of his regular development, but so too is increasing his pain threshold. He may as well get used to it popping out and being put back in place

What's the point of having a thoroughbred in your stable if it's not going to compete on raceday?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 10:27am

The strength and conditioning is part of his regular development, but so too is increasing his pain threshold. He may as well get used to it popping out and being put back in place

What's the point of having a thoroughbred in your stable if it's not going to compete on raceday?
Yeah but it depends which Raceday you have in mind, the Melbourne cup or the Boulia Camel Races.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If you don't compete in the lead up races (home and away) you may not qualify for the 3200 at Flemington

I think RTB and the club would like to play at least 1 final. I think we could even win a final if we make it

That will surely help his cause for recruiting Free Agents and others. Not to mention the benefits to Lethlean and the bottom line for the club (sponsorship and membership next year)

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 9:47pm Squiggle has us 8th.

https://squiggle.com.au/ladder/

0.2 games between 5th and 8th we could finish anywhere. Cant see us lower than 9th.
The same Squiggle that when I ran it had Richmond beating us 130 to 48 and us missing on percentage?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SaintWiki
Club Player

But Max needs to go and have surgery at the end of the year anyway, and Lyon would be one of the last to play anyone injured without the doctors sanctioning it. If Max has a further related injury now it shouldn't be over complicated as far as I understand, so I don't see any problem at all.

This is the assessment year for the coaching staff so I have never expected much more than that, but we don't want our kids to learn how to play without making every effort to win. Besides, many of us are currently enjoying the ride and would like to see Max getting a chance to perform well before his absence.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 1:09pm

But Max needs to go and have surgery at the end of the year anyway, and Lyon would be one of the last to play anyone injured without the doctors sanctioning it. If Max has a further related injury now it shouldn't be over complicated as far as I understand, so I don't see any problem at all.

This is the assessment year for the coaching staff so I have never expected much more than that, but we don't want our kids to learn how to play without making every effort to win. Besides, many of us are currently enjoying the ride and would like to see Max getting a chance to perform well before his absence.
of our last 4 games, 3 will be against teams putting designs down for a September campaign, and will be played at an intensity commensurate with finals type value, a really good test coming up for the shoulder then. Just wonder if it's worth it based on us just making up the numbers if we scrape into the finals.

Gershwin
Club Player

At the moment we have a chance to win the flag. Not a good one perhaps but we are in the race. It would be criminal not to give it our very, very best shot. Just take it a week at a time and see what happens.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 3:30pm At the moment we have a chance to win the flag. Not a good one perhaps but we are in the race. It would be criminal not to give it our very, very best shot. Just take it a week at a time and see what happens.
The bookies like us for the flag too, we have shortened right up now and you can get on us for the flag at $81 dollars. That's value as they say in the business.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 3:52pm
Gershwin wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 3:30pm At the moment we have a chance to win the flag. Not a good one perhaps but we are in the race. It would be criminal not to give it our very, very best shot. Just take it a week at a time and see what happens.
The bookies like us for the flag too, we have shortened right up now and you can get on us for the flag at $81 dollars. That's value as they say in the business.
Imagine what you could buy instead!
Love the Game not the Odds
Remember what you are really gambling with

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for nothing Gold Coast…and on top of them not winning I had to put up with Mark Ricciouto for almost an entire hour…

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 6:03pm Thanks for nothing Gold Coast…and on top of them not winning I had to put up with Mark Ricciouto for almost an entire hour…
Thanks for nothing umpires of the Essendon West Coast Game

Front on contact 25 metres out directly in front anyone??

― Aristophanes

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Essendon just got out of jail against Eagles here - by 1 point after Eagles took the lead in the final quarter.

Hawks looking real good against Collingwood too, just quietly.

I reckon we win tomorrow, and Richmond won't be any competition next week.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 6:03pm Thanks for nothing Gold Coast…and on top of them not winning I had to put up with Mark Ricciouto for almost an entire hour…
Doesn't matter SP, we'll win tomorrow. We have our strongest side in all season.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 4:34pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 3:52pm
Imagine what you could buy instead!
Love the Game not the Odds
Remember what you are really gambling with
It's why I only put down 1k, I'm confident we won't get anywhere near the GF and as a devout atheist I don't believe in miracles but I feel I will get closer to Jesus if St Kilda wins the flag this year and I take 81k off the bookies. I get all dizzy and almost faint at the thought of what GF night will look like if miracles happen.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 6:16pm
Doesn't matter SP, we'll win tomorrow. We have our strongest side in all season.
I hope you’re right. I’m getting very nervous. Text bombing my St Kilda friends.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 6:33pm
I hope you’re right. I’m getting very nervous. Text bombing my St Kilda friends.
I just reckon we are hitting a rich vein of form. One good quarter against North, 2 great quarters against the Hawks. It would be very much like St Kilda to come out as underdogs in front of our members at home and win by 60+. We even used to do that in the dark days in the 80s.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 6:41pm
I just reckon we are hitting a rich vein of form. One good quarter against North, 2 great quarters against the Hawks. It would be very much like St Kilda to come out as underdogs in front of our members at home and win by 60+. We even used to do that in the dark days in the 80s.
Fingers crossed.

Our form within games has been patchy. It’s usually been one quarter that has stuffed us up like Q1 in the Suns game. We scored the same number of goals as the Suns after Q1.

Notwithstanding form, I think both the betting and tipping is a bit too lopsided for this game.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 6:51pm
Fingers crossed.

Our form within games has been patchy. It’s usually been one quarter that has stuffed us up like Q1 in the Suns game. We scored the same number of goals as the Suns after Q1.

Notwithstanding form, I think both the betting and tipping is a bit too lopsided for this game.
We have a 75% winning differential against them since 2002 and 80% since 2013, so history agrees with you. Every Age tipster selected Carlton. That is about as ridiculous as every tipster selecting us against Geelong. Nonsensical!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 7:03pm
Fingers crossed.

We have a 75% winning differential against them since 2002 and 80% since 2013, so history agrees with you. Every Age tipster selected Carlton. That is about as ridiculous as every tipster selecting us against Geelong. Nonsensical!
How many times have you heard coaches say past history counts for nothing. Who cares what happened in 2002 or 10 years ago?

They have a different side and ...most importantly, I think most pundits know they've found their mojo. Their backline is mature and settled. They have the best forward in the league at the top of his game atm.

They are sitting on top of the 'form ladder' when you look at the last 6-7 weeks of football. They are rated better than us in nearly every metric that coaches use.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 7:29pm
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2023 7:03pm
Fingers crossed.

How many times have you heard coaches say past history counts for nothing. Who cares what happened in 2002 or 10 years ago?

They have a different side and ...most importantly, I think most pundits know they've found their mojo. Their backline is mature and settled. They have the best forward in the league at the top of his game atm.

They are sitting on top of the 'form ladder' when you look at the last 6-7 weeks of football. They are rated better than us in nearly every metric that coaches use.

What, every tipster in The Age? Every tipster? Sorry, no way. Their form means jack tomorrow. We have our best side in for the year and a smart coach.

And added to this, after today our form line looks a lot better. We made the Hawks look slow last week and now they're beating the top team by 6 goals.

We beat them easy earlier this year and we beat them easy last year when everybody picked 'em and we'll beat them tomorrow.

We have a strong side in, they have outs. Don't worry, we'll win.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Love your confidence and optimism samurai

Of course we're always a good chance with all the positives that you mentioned. Cerra and Walsh and Kennedy missing from their midfield is a good evener, but they seem to have covered these guys well of late

If Jack Steele can quell the influence of Cripps, then that's half the battle. If Steele is back to his best we win