Had there ever been a more reviled player than Gresham?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Had there ever been a more reviled player than Gresham?

Devilhead wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 9:40pm
B.M wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 9:34pm This is a player who kicked 35 goals and starred in his second season!

Injuries have played a part - but something isn’t right

Will be a blue in 2024 and will tear it up
I doubt he would be in their best 22 currently
So, we’re likely to get Dow and they’re likely to get Gresham. Based on today - who would you rather have? I know my answer.

Also - to your point - the selfish turd wants to leave so that he can play more midfield minutes. Does anyone with even a modicum of brain power think he’s playing in Carlton’s midfield ahead of Walsh and Cerra (who weren’t there today)? Pfft.

Gresham is a cheat and a fraud

Go you red, black & white warriors
B.M
Saintsational Legend

After today, they’ll try and hang onto Dow

Break out game for him

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 9:41pm
B.M wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 9:34pm This is a player who kicked 35 goals and starred in his second season!

Injuries have played a part - but something isn’t right

Will be a blue in 2024 and will tear it up
Would they want him after today?
How will he tear it up given he can't kick straight or more than 40m?
Not particularly fast either.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

He's a spud we'll have to pay to get rid of. The only thing getting torn up is Gresham's future contract. The most over rated of all St Kilda's alleged mids. Surely this mythical X factor bullsh!t has been put to bed, he's a fraud.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

f*** gresham

it was telling with Phillipou took that mark and lined up for the shot he nailed

from a position he would have no trouble from - and as it turned out didnt

and here's Gresham, rather than encourage the young man to back himself - calling and begging for a pass - that he mots probably would have f***ed up

at that point I thought nup you're not on board

he and Simon Lethlean can get both f*** off next year is pretty much the mail I'm getting

Jekyll_Hyde

I know Jade’s father quite well. He 100% won’t be at Carlton next year (they are not interested despite the strange media link). 🔒

Even if he did want to get to Carlton … their midfield were without Walsh, Cerra and Kennedy from their starting midfield group.. and Gresh would have no chance of overtaking any of those.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 8:27pm I think Raphael Clarke was considered worse
Yeah, I heard a lot of the crap directed to him at the footy including some racist slurs from one individual.

i still regret not reporting him.

But hey, this forum has always needed a whipping boy or two.

happy feet
Club Player

Aaron Fiora copped a bit of stick in his time. Going way back, Milan Faletic.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Aaron Fiora was a better player than Gresham. At least he could kick the ball.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Jack Lonie says hello 👋

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I hope Gresham is dropped. I don't think it will happen but he's much better suited as a sub.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Think his injuries (achilles/knee?) caught up with him

He has lost that cheeky zip and any leg strength that he had
Last edited by Devilhead on Thu 10 Aug 2023 5:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Gresh has had some decent games this year.

He gets alot more negativity on here than he deserves.

I would hope that he stays, even though it's pretty lobvious he is probably leaving.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Peter 2:23

When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly.

Shame Grambeau 3:33

Well, if we have no God, as some ghastly and vile claim…we speak of re-vile, but thou shant revel in the revilations,
but if you insist, let’s look now..

Starting from now and working back…

Club Revilation Honours

‘22-‘23 Gresh
‘20-‘22 Hill
‘18-‘20 Kent
‘16-‘18 Newnes
‘14-‘16 Weller

But where is Jack Lonie? Carlisle? Somewhere in the middle? Time has been kinder to the new big Footscray lad with the Moe.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 12:27pm
Mr Magic wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 8:27pm I think Raphael Clarke was considered worse
Yeah, I heard a lot of the crap directed to him at the footy including some racist slurs from one individual.

Seriously? If you genuinely heard that it has to be reported. Cannot understand any reason it would not have been.

He's not an X factor, or a player that makes our midfield better. Better to ply his trade elsewhere, it's apparent he does not wish to wear our colours or play under Ross.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Giansiracusa?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 8:37pm

Seriously? If you genuinely heard that it has to be reported. Cannot understand any reason it would not have been.

He's not an X factor, or a player that makes our midfield better. Better to ply his trade elsewhere, it's apparent he does not wish to wear our colours or play under Ross.
I was talking about Raph not Gresh.

All the same, I am sick and tired of reading rubbish about Gresh on this forum. Nothing is apparent to me, by the way.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote: Thu 10 Aug 2023 2:45pm Aaron Fiora was a better player than Gresham. At least he could kick the ball.
Excellent runner and took some great hangers too!

Go you red, black & white warriors
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm wondering on what basis Gresham is getting played this week. Has it got something to do with his pay packet or his contract. How can he be deserving of a game an Billings not?

Winmar7
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 8:12pm He’s really taken supporter disquiet to a new (low) level. I mean, there’s always the usual whipping boys (eg Ross, Howard etc) but they’re a bit more of an eye roll … rather than the genuine disgust, bordering on hatred - that pervades No. 4.

I don’t know one of our supporters who even tries to defend his output.

For me? Gresham will always be the poster boy for everything that was wrong with St Kilda between 2012 - 2022 where terrible standards and zero development existed and anyone with a bit of talent was allowed to do as they wanted.

His incredibly poor body language and perpetually lazy efforts really are a cancer on the playing group. Once his trade to Carlton or Hawthorn is completed, I hope they chuck his locker contents in a box at the front door and fumigate said locker to remove the stench of mediocrity and selfishness.

👎🏼
Did you miss the trolling of Brad Hill in the past few years? I'd argue that lasted longer and was less warranted.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7 wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 4:57pm
Saintmatt wrote: Sun 06 Aug 2023 8:12pm He’s really taken supporter disquiet to a new (low) level. I mean, there’s always the usual whipping boys (eg Ross, Howard etc) but they’re a bit more of an eye roll … rather than the genuine disgust, bordering on hatred - that pervades No. 4.

For me? Gresham will always be the poster boy for everything that was wrong with St Kilda between 2012 - 2022 where terrible standards and zero development existed and anyone with a bit of talent was allowed to do as they wanted.

His incredibly poor body language and perpetually lazy efforts really are a cancer on the playing group. Once his trade to Carlton or Hawthorn is completed, I hope they chuck his locker contents in a box at the front door and fumigate said locker to remove the stench of mediocrity and selfishness.

👎🏼
Did you miss the trolling of Brad Hill in the past few years? I'd argue that lasted longer and was less warranted.
I blame Brad Hill for my divorce .
Even though I’m not divorced, or even married, when it happens, I’ll know where to look. For both.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 5:41pm
Winmar7 wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 4:57pm

👎🏼
I blame Brad Hill for my divorce .
Even though I’m not divorced, or even married, when it happens, I’ll know where to look. For both.
You are obviously not a very attractive man!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 12:04pm

All the same, I am sick and tired of reading rubbish about Gresh on this forum. Nothing is apparent to me, by the way.
Fair call saynta. Personally I've had enough of promises and pumping up the tyres of Saints players because we are wanting more than they can genuinely deliver.

The sky is the limit for Owens & Phillipou, Gresh has stagnated in mediocrity at our club unfortunately. Owens & Phillipou are genuine X factors.

No regret over that last sentence? You are more astute than that.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Stuff like that always bothers some more than others.

In Gresh, the issue now IMO is the perception that he’s on the way out. Supporters tend to have loyalty to those that bleed for the jumper. Even the maligned like Ross have always had a healthy degree of support despite the criticism.

Once the writing is on the wall that a player wants out however… all bets are off.

Remember Dunstan!? Very maligned but had a huge backing in his last season until it was apparent that he was grumpy and would walk out. Then the excuses from the super fans to hate him came on…
Remember the BS of some free kick against Geelong or whatever was the final, unforgivable straw that broke the camel’s back… it would be laughable if it wasn’t so pathetic.

Now for Gresh… every mistake is scrutinized and unfortunately for him, his lack of composure and tendency to attempt the miracle play is really irking the majority. It’s always been there, but doesn’t feel like it’s for the pride of the jumper or a push for finals anymore

takeaway
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 7:34pm
saynta wrote: Fri 11 Aug 2023 12:04pm

Fair call saynta. Personally I've had enough of promises and pumping up the tyres of Saints players because we are wanting more than they can genuinely deliver.

The sky is the limit for Owens & Phillipou, Gresh has stagnated in mediocrity at our club unfortunately. Owens & Phillipou are genuine X factors.

No regret over that last sentence? You are more astute than that.
I can't see anything wrong with Saynta's last sentence. What are you on about?