Has there ever been a more repulsive trend than posting smarta**e hate pieces about our own players?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Has there ever been a more repulsive trend than posting smarta**e hate pieces about our own players?

…and has there ever been a greater decline in the management of content on this forum since it began back in the day?

I think not.

We know that young players visit pages like these, yet we allow revolting crap like saintmatts post about Gresh to go ahead without challenge, despite it being a very obvious breach of SS content policy…

Perhaps that instead of obsessing about how to mate a few bucks outta the joint, those who have put themselves at the helm might like to take a bit of responsibility about sone of the ugly sh@t that’s posted here?

This place is crying out for someone to take control - someone with integrity, someone not self serving, someone/anyone other than those currently allowing it to unravel at the seams.

Look again it's the Flash!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has there ever been a more repulsive trend than posting smarta**e hate pieces about our own players?

I remember being in Darwin during the off season in 2000 and reading about some of the posts on here in a newspaper way back then.
Shouldn't bag players on an anonymous fan forum for mine. They wear the jumper and represent us when they go out wearing the shield and ribbon.
Talking about team form can be done without critiquing individuals.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Brunswicksainter
Club Player

Re: Has there ever been a more repulsive trend than posting smarta**e hate pieces about our own players?

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 3:40pm …and has there ever been a greater decline in the management of content on this forum since it began back in the day?

I think not.

We know that young players visit pages like these, yet we allow revolting crap like saintmatts post about Gresh to go ahead without challenge, despite it being a very obvious breach of SS content policy…

Perhaps that instead of obsessing about how to mate a few bucks outta the joint, those who have put themselves at the helm might like to take a bit of responsibility about sone of the ugly sh@t that’s posted here?

This place is crying out for someone to take control - someone with integrity, someone not self serving, someone/anyone other than those currently allowing it to unravel at the seams.
Are you volunteering to spend hours each day being an admin? Clown.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Is this an appeal for decency? In the temple?

Well, on face value, fair enough. It won’t stop me that’s for sure.

Like that pic there Samurai…the last St Kilda train. Speaking of trains, the bag does give posters a chance to let off steam. (Seems that some don’t want to do it, but vent their frustrations on other posters, and whether they are aware or not, they use ‘the good cause’ a pretext for it.

Team loses
Poster 1 bags player
Poster 2 bags poster 1 for bagging player
Poster 2 has high moral ground, poster 1 is shamefully in the ditch.

Poster 2 bags coach
Poster 3 bags poster 2
Poster 2 bags poster 3 back, losing high moral ground

Dogs barking across the street, the suburb…
Aircraft appear and bombs a dropping from the sky
Town is on fire

🔥

Dawn peace

Reset

I think it is the most visceral thing to do in a verbal sense. It is widespread across all teams and forums. How about coaches? Can we bag them? How about opposition players? How about other posters, can we bag them? Maybe, we could bag we could use other posters to demonstrate values?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I just feel we all need to get along
Get behind Ross
Stop and think before you post as your words can be hurtful.

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I agree Teffers. Should we all take your lead?

To fellow posters:
Muppet
Clueless
Brain Dead

To the team and to individual players:
Mentally weak
"Coachable group” = not that smart

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 5:30pm
The Linton Street Flash wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 3:40pm …and has there ever been a greater decline in the management of content on this forum since it began back in the day?

I think not.

Your closing word just validated The Linton St Flash's post, unless you looked up and saw something in the mirror just as you were ready to post.

Saint supporter since '62
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Brunswicksainter wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 5:30pm

I think not.

No, I clearly said “someone with integrity, not self serving”…

Look again it's the Flash!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 7:23pm I agree Teffers. Should we all take your lead?

To fellow posters:
Muppet
Clueless
Brain Dead

To the team and to individual players:
Mentally weak
"Coachable group” = not that smart
I prefer Saynta or your style…
“We just hate the coach …hate him…so let’s spew that out every thread..”
Me?
I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way..

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Teffers

You bag players who have been great servants of the club

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 8:55pm Teffers

You bag players who have been great servants of the club
Good intentioned thread now hijacked by the Ross hater rat pack..
Shame the OP tried I guess..

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon changes his mind depending on the circumstances and of course...depending on who the coach likes

Two years ago he wanted Webster out. He wanted Membrey to retire. Bagged him endlessly for having poor accuracy for a while ( as if he's on his own in that department) and...I probably saw 100 posts last year where he wanted Butler out.

He has so much form it's hilarious. A bit like the senior coach really...he jumps to conclusions a bit early

Remember 'speakergate' in the practice game against Melbourne?

How do you build confidence and trust and a connection and passion to play for your coach and your club, when the coach wants to right you off and end your career the moment he arrives?

The coach told members it was going to be a year of exploration. That's bulldust. It was a preseason of exploration and he already made his mind up on the team and certain players.

Regardless of the match against Melbourne in February how can you ascertain a player or a whole team based on your first couple of practice games?

Put it this way. I don't care if you're Angus Brayshaw or Chad Warner or Patrick Cripps or Blake Acres. If the coach tells you you're not good enough... that's not what a player needs to hear

That's not what player development is about

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I suspect that thread has been reported. I also suspect the initial post was out weighed with unwavering support for said player...probably not because many felt let down.

Threads regarding players have been going on since Milan Faletic dreamed of kicking goals from the centre of Moorabbin.

If you have an issue with it, argue it & call them out in the thread. If you want everything to feel good about St Kilda, hit their website, FB or Insta.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 9:38pm Teflon changes his mind depending on the circumstances and of course...depending on who the coach likes

Two years ago he wanted Webster out. He wanted Membrey to retire. Bagged him endlessly for having poor accuracy for a while ( as if he's on his own in that department) and...I probably saw 100 posts last year where he wanted Butler out.

He has so much form it's hilarious. A bit like the senior coach really...he jumps to conclusions a bit early

How do you build confidence and trust and a connection and passion to play for your coach and your club, when the coach wants to right you off and end your career the moment he arrives?

The coach told members it was going to be a year of exploration. That's bulldust. It was a preseason of exploration and he already made his mind up on the team and certain players.

Regardless of the match against Melbourne in February how can you ascertain a player or a whole team based on your first couple of practice games?

Put it this way. I don't care if you're Angus Brayshaw or Chad Warner or Patrick Cripps or Blake Acres. If the coach tells you you're not good enough... that's not what a player needs to hear

*Coach hate rant alert*
Thread officially hijacked
Abort…abort…

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

They’re professional footballers, there is nothing wrong with critiquing their performance, as long as it doesn’t get personal.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

What was so good about the thread?!

People who criticise the club are not allowed

And apologists are better supporters?!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 9:58pm They’re professional footballers, there is nothing wrong with critiquing their performance, as long as it doesn’t get personal.
That's a generalisation. The context relates to speakergate. This was prior to Round 1 of the year.

Is the coach writing off the team in a practice game a fair call when you're publicly claiming it is a YEAR of exploration?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Gresham isn't very good. Is that 'Ok'?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 10:07pm Gresham isn't very good. Is that 'Ok'?
Lol 😂 Scollop trying to turn it into a Lyon bashing thread no 4
Pure comedy
Yes, respectfully, Gresham been woeful
Not alone

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 10:19pm
Pure comedy
Have another read of your first 2 posts in this thread

You're the one introducing the term 'lyon haters' in every thread

Have a look in the mirror sometimes

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 10:27pm
Teflon wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 10:19pm
Pure comedy
Have another read of your first 2 posts in this thread

You're the one introducing the term 'lyon haters' in every thread

Have a look in the mirror sometimes
There’s a difference between being factual in the context of the thread
And writing a slab of garbage like you have dressing up your pathological hatred of the coach
It’s kinda pathetic…but on form

“Yeah….nah””
takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 9:38pm Teflon changes his mind depending on the circumstances and of course...depending on who the coach likes

"Speakergate" in the pre season certainly affected the players, Saints sitting top of ladder after 6 rounds 5 wins 1 loss! Absolutely no effect on the players, it's not the U14s remember Scolops.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

So short term it didn't affect them. Fair enough

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 10:45pm So short term it didn't affect them. Fair enough
Have you recovered yet, long term I mean.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Wish Ross every success as a coach.
Still grieving what was done to Brett R.
Might be easier if there was an empirical difference in the team's performance.
Maybe that's in the next few weeks.
Also have some difficulty reconciling the sacking with all the mental health concern around Spuds game. Seems hollow. Poor Brett.
The Brett is sacked, long live the Ross.