Dont let Hill Near it today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_Singapore
Club Player

Dont let Hill Near it today

I've never been a Hill basher but my word its like he was trying to lose us the game today. I know its not over and Im watching it delayed be has has had as big a stinker as anyone Ive seen today

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dont let Hill Near it today

Yes, he was poor today. I was hoping he'd be subbed out, but then Battle had to go off. I think it would have been a good idea to rest him, and perhaps give Billings a run, but that's not Lyon's style.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Must have been watching another game. Two kicks to the opposition which were both attacking. It would be good if our small forwards ever got in front.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:29pm Yes, he was poor today. I was hoping he'd be subbed out, but then Battle had to go off. I think it would have been a good idea to rest him, and perhaps give Billings a run, but that's not Lyon's style.
Coach bash again?
What’s Billing’s sone to deserve to replace him?????
Easy to say…

“Yeah….nah””
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:37pm
meher baba wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:29pm Yes, he was poor today. I was hoping he'd be subbed out, but then Battle had to go off. I think it would have been a good idea to rest him, and perhaps give Billings a run, but that's not Lyon's style.
Coach bash again?
Easy to say…
Not a bash. I just thought that Hill was looking a bit sore in the game against the Cats and that it would be sensible to give an experienced player like Billings a game before the finals, in case we need him then. But I know Lyon doesn't think that way and was fully expecting Hill to be selected tonight and also expected Byrnes to be the sub.

And I like Lyon's style. Stop being so bloody sensitive. It's like you're married to him or something.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:42pm
Coach bash again?
Easy to say…
Not a bash. I just thought that Hill was looking a bit sore in the game against the Cats and that it would be sensible to give an experienced player like Billings a game before the finals, in case we need him then. But I know Lyon doesn't think that way and was fully expecting Hill to be selected tonight and also expected Byrnes to be the sub.

And I like Lyon's style. Stop being so bloody sensitive. It's like you're married to him or something.
I call him daddy
Don’t be so insensitive

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I thought he did ok..couple of clangers but ok

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:46pm
Coach bash again?
Easy to say…

I call him daddy
Don’t be so insensitive

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=my ... M%3DHDRSC6

Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
So I simply couldn't be bad
Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
Da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, dad
So I want to warn you, laddie
Though I know that you're perfectly swell
That my heart belongs to Daddy
'Cause my Daddy, he treats it so well

- Jonathan Swift
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

He was playing nervously today - he struggles when there in a high pressure games.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He was horrendous

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He was horrendous

Saintmike65
Club Player

I agree with impatient sainter, Hill doesn’t perform when there’s real heat in a game!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

He shytes himself he’s ok on the run 40m clear

“Yeah….nah””
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

His ball use was very bad. Ran hard but couldn't hit a target

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Coach bash again?
Easy to say…

:D :) :lol: :wink:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:49pm I thought he did ok..couple of clangers but ok
This thread wouldn’t exist if it was only a ‘couple of clangers’

Hill had 7 turnovers. The most out of any Saint.

That’s putrid for a guy who only had 17 disposals, but it’s not just that. He’s easily the highest paid player on the list.

The problem is that he just ‘turns up’. There remains this idea that if he can stand up he plays.

I’m sure that after he had a knee issue it affected him. He should have been rested for a couple of extra games. Including this one which was going to be a monumental task to beat them on their home patch.

Everyone acknowledges it isn’t easy to sit in a plane and sit in airport lounges and sit in buses for interstate trips. It’s worse when you’re having niggles or you’re an older player.

Hill only won the ball 3 times against Brisbane. The rest of his possessions are uncontested.

Anyone can play his role when the vast majority of the time he receives the footy (ok…so not anyone, but we do have options)

Dropping and ‘managing’ some of your best players will give them a jolt (mentally) and make them sharper when they return.

It’s too late to forcibly drop anyone right now, but for next year, I hope they put in place a policy of managing some of the older guys…especially on the interstate trips.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

So scollop old bean, you are not a fan of Brad?
Lot of words to say that.
Like the idea of dropping players based on their pay packet/disposals ratio. Could require a more complex algorithm. Determining how much a player should get paid at season's end might work. What could go wrong.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Top 5 important player on our list, most finals experience.

Off the back of a pretty serious knee tweak, needed the run but needed to come out of the game healthy.

Gets a pass from me.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 28 Aug 2023 10:52pm So scollop old bean, you are not a fan of Brad?
Lot of words to say that.
Like the idea of dropping players based on their pay packet/disposals ratio. Could require a more complex algorithm. Determining how much a player should get paid at season's end might work. What could go wrong.
Why ask a question if you are just not interested in a response ...you seem to have made up your mind...with the wrong answer mind you

How many times have you given votes to Hill this year in matches in the Saintsational Player of the year award? I'll bet you NOT more than me

Have a look at some of the voting threads over this year and last year. Do a search with my posts that include 'Brad Hill' and you'll see that I rate him very highly.

As for my comment re. his salary. It's relevant. We expect more and we expect consistently high performance from our highest paid. Algorithms and other bs is irrelevant.

Sometimes you write stuff and it's eloquent and logical and the words are like poetry...and then you write crap like the post above and you let yourself down

I know it's late. Maybe just take your medication and think next time before you post.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Otiman wrote: Mon 28 Aug 2023 11:02pm Top 5 important player on our list, most finals experience.

Off the back of a pretty serious knee tweak, needed the run but needed to come out of the game healthy.

Gets a pass from me.
Agree with this.

Hill, perhaps more than any other on our list delivers value that isn't necessarily reflected in statistics.

Unfortunately statistics as much as they can deliver insights are also quite capable of arming fools with enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Disraeli is spot on when it comes to stats.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

one of our best players, i cringe at times when I see fellow supporters under value some of the talent we have.

Sharman is another eg.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Definitely one of our most important players, but he'd be disappointed with his performance against Brisbane.

Hopefully he's ready to tear up the MCG wings once again next Saturday.