The Silence: AFL’s Last Taboo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Silence: AFL’s Last Taboo

perfectionist wrote: Tue 29 Aug 2023 10:24pm The usual suspects have completely misinterpreted the OP and the ABC report. It's not an issue of other people wanting to know what a person's sexuality is, or people being forced to reveal their sexuality, it's about a person being able to express their sexuality openly (if they wish) without discrimination or abuse.
There is bullying and discrimination but the problem with ABC reporting is that not all bullying victims are treated equally.

Take their reporting about Imran Khan for instance.

🦗

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 10:36am
SaintPav wrote: Tue 29 Aug 2023 7:00pm What an amazing coincidence that all the good guys and purveyors of truth just all happen to work at the ABC!

Tossers!
It is an incredible coincidence. I put it down to the superior recruitment skills of Public organisations :lol:
Public service values…

“Straight talking”….about issues we choose to report on.

😂

https://www.transparency.gov.au/annual- ... Principles.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 10:56am
SaintPav wrote: Tue 29 Aug 2023 7:00pm What an amazing coincidence that all the good guys and purveyors of truth just all happen to work at the ABC!

Tossers!
It is an incredible coincidence. I put it down to the superior recruitment skills of Public organisations :lol:
Public service values…

😂

Have they reported the Wuhan Lab Leak yet, or are they still on the virus jumping from bats to humans at the wet markets?

I was waiting to see my dentist when I read your comment and Norman Swan the Expert appeared on the TV in the waiting room. Just a reminder of just how straight talking the ABC are.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

perfectionist wrote: Tue 29 Aug 2023 10:24pm The usual suspects have completely misinterpreted the OP and the ABC report. It's not an issue of other people wanting to know what a person's sexuality is, or people being forced to reveal their sexuality, it's about a person being able to express their sexuality openly (if they wish) without discrimination or abuse.
Who says that doesn't already happen at Club Level? If you were openly gay within your workplace, would it be ok with you for your employer to advertise it or discuss it with Louise Milligan?

Milligan is trying to fire up a controversy. She is a vile muckraker, who operates with f*** all evidence to no evidence. A nasty gossiping pig and a defamer. The fact that the grub is on the public payroll is a disgrace.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 6:31pm

Tossers!
Public service values…

😂

Have they reported the Wuhan Lab Leak yet, or are they still on the virus jumping from bats to humans at the wet markets?

I was waiting to see my dentist when I read your comment and Norman Swan the Expert appeared on the TV in the waiting room. Just a reminder of just how straight talking the ABC are.
Norman Swan is a national treasure.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 6:46pm

Tossers!
Public service values…

😂

A friend of mine concurs. Laying in hospital with myocarditis, coming off the back of a stroke due to a clot, he's eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get his 6th or 7th Covid booster (he's lost count). He's lost his business, the Bank is foreclosing on his house and his son now dresses like Cher and calls himself Wendy.

He won't hear a bad thing about Norman, wants him knighted. He doesn't know where he'd be if Norm's expertise and clarity, hadn't guided him in turbulent times.

A national treasure indeed.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Anthony Green, too, I think.

Rubyjo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 10:51am
There is bullying and discrimination but the problem with ABC reporting is that not all bullying victims are treated equally.

🦗
So do you like sleeping with boys or girls ...I don't want anyone to express their sexuality so ffs get over it you leftards ...derranged attitude .

Rubyjo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 10:51am

🦗
So do you like sleeping with boys or girls ...I don't want anyone to express their sexuality as we don't care so ffs get over it you leftards ...derranged attitude .

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wow thread turn
Mods - can we please move to the
“Who gives a **** “ Board?
Here to talk footy
Thanks
Teflon

“Yeah….nah””
Rubyjo
Club Player

Well done

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 7:06pm Anthony Green, too, I think.
It’s pronounced Antony..

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 8:13pm Wow thread turn
Mods - can we please move to the
“Who gives a **** “ Board?
Here to talk footy
Thanks
Teflon
:D

where's that ?
how do i get to that Board

there'd have to be something interesting to read in there

gaz laughs

how funny is Life !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 6:45pm
Who says that doesn't already happen at Club Level? If you were openly gay within your workplace, would it be ok with you for your employer to advertise it or discuss it with Louise Milligan?

Milligan is trying to fire up a controversy. She is a vile muckraker, who operates with f*** all evidence to no evidence. A nasty gossiping pig and a defamer. The fact that the grub is on the public payroll is a disgrace.
love your turn of phrase.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 7:05pm

Tossers!
Public service values…

😂

A friend of mine concurs. Laying in hospital with myocarditis, coming off the back of a stroke due to a clot, he's eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get his 6th or 7th Covid booster (he's lost count). He's lost his business, the Bank is foreclosing on his house and his son now dresses like Cher and calls himself Wendy.

He won't hear a bad thing about Norman, wants him knighted. He doesn't know where he'd be if Norm's expertise and clarity, hadn't guided him in turbulent times.

Who?

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2023 9:15pm

Tossers!
Public service values…

😂

Who?
My friend is a fictional character, I thought that was obvious. You can call him Boris if you like.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 1:10pm

Tossers!
Public service values…

😂

Who?
My friend is a fictional character, I thought that was obvious. You can call him Boris if you like.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant who the f*** is Norman Swan.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 1:36pm

Tossers!
Public service values…

😂

Who?
Oh, sorry. If you don't know who Norman Swan is then you've thankfully been spared having to endure his thick and flowing bulls***.

He is/was the ABC's resident medical expert and expert on whatever. Although he hasn't worked in the medical field for decades. He was the purveyor of alarmist exaggerations and nonsense during Covid. Every wild prediction he made quickly turned out to be nonsense. The scary thing was that he was listened to and not many ever cottoned on to the fact that he was obviously a garden variety s*** talker.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Swan sprouts bulls***.

Someone should keep a record of all these bulls*** forecasts.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 2:04pm
saynta wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 1:36pm

Tossers!
Public service values…

😂

Who?
Oh, sorry. If you don't know who Norman Swan is then you've thankfully been spared having to endure his thick and flowing bulls***.

He is/was the ABC's resident medical expert and expert on whatever. Although he hasn't worked in the medical field for decades. He was the purveyor of alarmist exaggerations and nonsense during Covid. Every wild prediction he made quickly turned out to be nonsense. The scary thing was that he was listened to and not many ever cottoned on to the fact that he was obviously a garden variety s*** talker.
Thanks, and no I have never heard of him, but then I don't watch left wing crap television.

Rubyjo
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:14pm
ctqs wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 2:32am
Rubyjo wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 10:55pm bulls*** the only people concerned is the media making a s*** storm about it ..will only be reported and photographed by the media ...no one else cares ...I t s just a story to get media hits ..
Good one, d**khead. The media already know who they gay players are and they have for decades. They don't report it because it's nobody's business. This is about the players feeling comfortable enough to live their lives like everyone else. They obviously don't feel comfortable enough to be seen in public with their partners because of the flak they feel they'll cop from the knuckledraggers. Look at the grief Dani Laidley copped and still does with smart-arse remarks by keyboard cowards on social media.
'Good one d**khead' That should invite an open discussion. Knuckledraggers come in all shapes, sizes and sexual preferences, I'd imagine.
You are obsessed with gay people ..if you come out of the closet good for you..if your wife uses a strap on...we don't care ...go you..you obviously have a bent ..it's ok ..we love you anyway...

Rubyjo
Club Player

To make the way you get off sexually public is ridiculous..if you are a man and love another man and you want to run through the club banner hand in hand go for it ...we don't f****** care ...we as heterosexuals don't care . But if you are a virtue signalling dick head go make it an issue ..it's your issue ..it's not 1970 anymore ..my gay Mates ..think you are f****** stupid

Rubyjo
Club Player

Anyone gay here ..put your hand up ..let's settle this ..

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

can't put my hand up. my wife's looking over my shoulder.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 10:14pm Anyone gay here ..put your hand up ..let's settle this ..
we (each) are all things

that is our very nature

the answer can only be ... yes

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.