The Silence: AFL’s Last Taboo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Silence: AFL’s Last Taboo

Rubyjo wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 10:11pm To make the way you get off sexually public is ridiculous..if you are a man and love another man and you want to run through the club banner hand in hand go for it ...we don't f****** care ...we as heterosexuals don't care . But if you are a virtue signalling dick head go make it an issue ..it's your issue ..it's not 1970 anymore ..my gay Mates ..think you are f****** stupid
Heterosexual players don’t seem to have a problem making “the way they get off sexually” public, or are they ridiculous for simple things like kissing their wives/gfs before a milestone game, posting on social media together, going to the Brownlow etc?

Their is clearly an issue with gay players feeling safe being ‘open’ in ‘masculine’ sports, to claim anything else is just burying your head in the sand.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 10:14pm Anyone gay here ..put your hand up ..let's settle this ..
I'm feeling slightly happy. atm..so my hands up.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 11:31pm
Rubyjo wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 10:14pm Anyone gay here ..put your hand up ..let's settle this ..
8-) :wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

are you at Hillsong again Mate

(i thought we agreed not to go there anymore)

getting into trouble for singing Oh When the Sainters
come marching in was the last straw for me !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Wives with strap ons 😂😂

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 11:08pm
Rubyjo wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2023 10:11pm To make the way you get off sexually public is ridiculous..if you are a man and love another man and you want to run through the club banner hand in hand go for it ...we don't f****** care ...we as heterosexuals don't care . But if you are a virtue signalling dick head go make it an issue ..it's your issue ..it's not 1970 anymore ..my gay Mates ..think you are f****** stupid
Heterosexual players don’t seem to have a problem making “the way they get off sexually” public, or are they ridiculous for simple things like kissing their wives/gfs before a milestone game, posting on social media together, going to the Brownlow etc?

Their is clearly an issue with gay players feeling safe being ‘open’ in ‘masculine’ sports, to claim anything else is just burying your head in the sand.
Safer just to take the contract and hide your truths I guess.

People make all sorts of sacrifices for success. It happens everyday. The public perceptions are completely irrelevant.