Tim Membrey out

SAINT-LEE

Re: Tim Membrey out

I'm not hoping or wishing it...but I'll gladly speculate when the club throws out vague messages during finals at the last minute.

Me AFP pyschologist mate bought me a coffee & cake...note: A double shot soy latte at 65 will cause chemical warefare in ye nether land.

Anyway, we get to finals chat. Membrey comes up...he asks to see exact statement. Reads it then says, absolutely word for word text book response for:

Mental Health Matter related to either:
- inappropriate behaviours
- relationships

I asked how he's so confident. He rattled off loads of language assessment wording etc Then said, simply theres no way to keep a secret in the medical world if you use a public or private hospital. So if it were physical, whether Tim or family, we would know.
But there's loads of private practice psychiatrists & psychologists not linked to the medicare database ( where many secrets leak). He says theres loads of places that won't keep any record except your initals, even on file.

I of course had to smash him from my ivory tower of political correctness about privacy & not assuming...but its literally been one of his main roles in the AFP as a forensic profiler.

I hope he is wrong and no, I dont feel bad for speculating, it what humans fecking do all day every day. Its our damn gig.

A pro sports person knowingly, willingly enters a public arena...literally get money in their pockets to perform publically, openly.
Their lives relating to football ARE not private. No one is asking for sex tapes or to watch tender daddy moments playing with his kids...its about him not playing in a huge event related to his public career that we fund.

That said we dont need details of why or how the "issue" is occurring but the vailed message is worse...if it is mental health...this response further stigmatises
the illness....big time. " it a big bad taboo, cant mention it, everyone leave those suffering alone, can't even put a name on it, its so shameful & potentially career damaging". If he had cancer it'd be...hey, lets all rally around him & the family with prayers, best wishes, vibes...we'd have go fund mes, tshirts...special footy games...if it's mental health....just mind your own business & leave the bastard alone ( until he kills himself then we'd name a building after him).

I am concerned deeply that we may not see Membrey again. It crippled Jack Steven and he/we couldnt arrest the plummet over 3 yrs. Until he faded sadly away.

I'd say it's 99 per cent certain not to be something physical. But it's impolite and inappropriate for anyone to speculate about it. And I don't think there's anything wrong with the club's refusal to provide any more details.

Anyway, I reckon we really missed him today. If he'd played, it might have made a considerable difference to the result.

Repeat selfish last game for us was a fortnight ago.

1965 Saint

CURLY wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 7:07pm Repeat selfish last game for us was a fortnight ago.
WTF are you on about?

1965 Saint wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 7:10pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 7:07pm Repeat selfish last game for us was a fortnight ago.
WTF are you on about?
Won’t play for us again.

His selfish act has cost us.

Curly, WTF are you on about?

Some brutal assessments here but having one of your leaders bow out on game-day is clearly a downer.

Too much mental fragility is encouraged at Moorabbin -- I've been banging on about it for years.

Was it both Membrey and Ross who were given compassionate leave in the game against Adelaide in 2021 which we lost by two points and cost us a spot in the finals?

Anyway, this seriously needs to be sorted out.

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 7:25pm Some brutal assessments here but having one of your leaders bow out on game-day is clearly a downer.

Too much mental fragility is encouraged at Moorabbin -- I've been banging on about it for years.

Was it both Membrey and Ross who were given compassionate leave in the game against Adelaide in 2021 which we lost by two points and cost us a spot in the finals?

WTF? There's no way you can criticise an incident like this as being symptomatic of anything whatsoever unless and until you know exactly what occurred! Sorry to be rude, but this is a seriously dipshit post.

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 7:25pm Some brutal assessments here but having one of your leaders bow out on game-day is clearly a downer.

Well he will be gone.

amusingname

Curly, I don’t doubt that you may have inside info, but it is incredibly annoying to just post things like “selfish” and “won’t play again for the saints”, then not elaborating at all! If you know what has happened, either post it (don’t if it is sensitive or involves other parties) or keep it to yourself, don’t need 5 posts clearly meant to pump up your own tires as an insider.

Has he been shopped around?

Does he know he won’t be there next year. Perhaps this has impacted his mental health?

amusingname wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 8:16pm Curly, I don’t doubt that you may have inside info, but it is incredibly annoying to just post things like “selfish” and “won’t play again for the saints”, then not elaborating at all! If you know what has happened, either post it (don’t if it is sensitive or involves other parties) or keep it to yourself, don’t need 5 posts clearly meant to pump up your own tires as an insider.
Wasn’t pumping up anything just expressing mine and the clubs frustration in what has happened.

SaintPav wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 8:18pm Has he been shopped around?

Does he know he won’t be there next year. Perhaps this has impacted his mental health?
Nothing to do with mental health.

Bowey Boy

Delist.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Annoyedsaint

Mental Health is an excuse for everything these days.
Just ask the murderers of the world.

I’m sorry, but as soon as this stuff is prevalent, time to turf them as a club because the player is completely unreliable.

I thought it might originally have been a medical diagnosis or family sickness, and if that’s the case then I’m ok with it.

From what I’ve heard, something pretty bad happened to Membrey overnight. Really sad news, if true.

Sainternist wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 8:31pm From what I’ve heard, something pretty bad happened to Membrey overnight. Really sad news, if true.
Any chance of a PM?

Bowey Boy

Hints of something bad on Twitter, so maybe affected the whole side, like 1997 Grand Final precursor events?

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Peanut Farm

Bowey Boy wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 8:58pm Hints of something bad on Twitter, so maybe affected the whole side, like 1997 Grand Final precursor events?
Can't see anything on Twitter?

The Recruit

Reeks of performance enhancing substances but I could be wrong

Bowey Boy

Peanut Farm wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 9:06pm
Bowey Boy wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 8:58pm Hints of something bad on Twitter, so maybe affected the whole side, like 1997 Grand Final precursor events?
Can't see anything on Twitter?
Soz. Couple of people I follow. No specific details. Just hints of heavy duty s***. I know nothing personally.

Peanut Farm

Peanut Farm wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 9:13pm Ok found it. Far out if true
https://snbc13.com/tim-membrey-mental-h ... ainst-gws/
He became ill overnight.....hmm .

I don't like the sound of that. Could mean a couple of things, either of them very dire.

The Recruit wrote: Sat 09 Sep 2023 9:08pm Reeks of performance enhancing substances but I could be wrong
The Jack Steven excuse.

Might also partly explain why we were so off our game.
If a traumatic incident to one of the leaders the night before occurred it would certainly upset the team.
(Maybe this is what CURLY is referring too as selfish?)