Phantom Draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Re: Phantom Draft

bobmurray wrote: Sun 17 Sep 2023 12:28am What i don't fathom is at last years draft they told us this years draft was going to be a cracker, now they are telling us this years draft is lacking.
Who are the idiots that rate the following years draft. :roll:

Recruiting is a tough gig.
That's true.
I remember: 22 was heavy at the top, thin undernearth.
Now we hear the same about this year.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
saynta
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Sun 17 Sep 2023 4:54am
bakes wrote: Wed 13 Sep 2023 2:43pm Would be ideal to somehow get our hands on pick 7 (easier said than done!) for an elite midfielder like Sanders and then use our pick 13 on getting an elite tall defender of which there seems to quite a few options.
We don't need key defenders.
We need midfielders.

If we can't work our way up the draft into the top 10, without knowing what next year looks like, I'd sell all our picks for earlier picks next year. And try stockpile for next year by offloading Billings, Howard, Clarke, Gresh, Coff........ whoever..... clubs more willing to offer higher future picks than current ones.
Oh, OK but I don't think we have anyone named Clarke on our current list. :wink:

Cordz2
Club Player

amusingname wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2023 11:42am
Cordz2 wrote: Wed 13 Sep 2023 2:54pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 13 Sep 2023 2:47pm As long as they are Private Schooled they will be excellent.
I would love to add some grunt and toughness anywhere on the field for us like a Maynard. So many times when there is a opposition player bullying someone on our team. Very few go to their aid. If you look at Collingwood any time someone gets pushed there’s five players on them straight away. That’s morale building. Please know they can rely on each other and I’ll do anything for each other.
So you don't want players from Private schools but want someone like Maynard, who is from a private school?
Catholic boys schools aren’t in the same bracket - private school boy