Daisy Pearce

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Daisy Pearce

B.M wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 11:05am Rather listen to Daisy than the incoherent speed talking of Luke Hodge. It’s like he has a timer on him every time he speaks.

And what he says is far from insightful

Daisy does have a whine in her voice, but at least she analyses what’s going on and communicates it!

Hodge and captain obvious Richo (and I love Richo) just speak inane crap
They’re both shizenhousen! Richardson is a POS. Channel 7 are a joke. It’s a disgrace that they still have the telecasting rights. It’s synonymous of Australia’s most inept PM (Scott Morrison) trying to cling onto power.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I just don't understand anything she says.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Channel 7 have THE WORST commentators by a long way.
Hodge and Jobe Watson are excruciating to listen to.
Both seem to have a primary school level grasp of the language. It's a pity because I am sure their insight into the game would be useful. Hodgey for winning finals and Jobe for taking drugs.
Lingy and others are basic and don't really add much insight.
Daisy is interesting, because she has never played at the highest level and is at a disadvantage when it comes to actual knowledge of playing AFL...which is a different level to AFLW or even VFL.
She lost me totally after the Butler/Blakey tackle when she said that Blakey shouldn't have expected contact when holding the ball in live play in the middle of the SCG. And then kept on justifying her position despite all the actual experts in the box telling her that she was wrong.
She'd make a great boundary rider.

Fox commentators are infinitely better and I can't wait until they provide their own call of channel 7 games, so I don't have to listen to BT, Darcy, and JB any more.

St Plugger
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 6:25pm Channel 7 have THE WORST commentators by a long way.
Fox commentators are infinitely better and I can't wait until they provide their own call of channel 7 games, so I don't have to listen to BT, Darcy, and JB any more.
I agree 100%!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

don't mind daisy - says the bleedin obvious but who doesn't. she does make my tinnitus wake up tho. that kellie shrieker is simply painful.
should invent a remote that can cancel out any commentators we choose, and we could all be happy.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
66Iwasthere
Club Player

We have had to listen to male commentators voices for so long, good and bad, some people find it difficult to adjust to the female tone.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

66Iwasthere wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 6:43pm We have had to listen to male commentators voices for so long, good and bad, some people find it difficult to adjust to the female tone.
The ones that find it difficult to adjust to female tone also find it difficult....to listen to any female... regardless of tone

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Daisy coaches at AFL level - therefore knows more about the game than many who’ve played at the level

Having ability and having understanding are two different things!

A bloke coaching in the GF never played a game of AFL footy

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry but I don't like her whiny voice. I prefer the cliches that Kellie Underwood trots out. I think the game is over commentated. Daisy just keeps rattling on about the same old same old.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Audible does footy.
Commentators must think viewers are not watching the game and that stating the obvious adds value.
Oh for Denis and the style of EPL callers.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 7:30pm I'm sorry but I don't like her whiny voice. I prefer the cliches that Kellie Underwood trots out. I think the game is over commentated. Daisy just keeps rattling on about the same old same old.
I'm sorry but you just contradicted yourself

Logic...not a strong suit of yours?

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 5:36pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 4:23pm I agree the voice is not suitable for audio on a media platform.

It has everything to do with voice....tone, inflection, articulation, pitch, pace, resonance, speed...she fails in 3 of these.

Note: theres plenty of people male or female or....whose voices ARE NOT SUITABLE.

If these aspects are not suitable regardless how excellent a persons insight may be they are like listening to a squawking gala.
Bulldust

How do people like Garry Lyon or Jonathan Brown get jobs on radio? Because of their great resonance, articulation, tone and pitch?

They're in regular breakfast slots when the whole radio station business is geared around a successful breakfast show?

It's got nothing to do with their announcing skills or their voice.

Dennis Cometti had an ok voice and had good resonance but he was monotone with most of his commentary. He was no Sandy Roberts. He built his career on accuracy and professionalism and made his reputation on one liners.

If you can't accept someone for their voice, then you have issues.
Sorry energy vampire...you'll have to find another victim in which to 'win' an argument & find meaning for your existence.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 9:04pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 4:23pm I agree the voice is not suitable for audio on a media platform.

It has everything to do with voice....tone, inflection, articulation, pitch, pace, resonance, speed...she fails in 3 of these.

Note: theres plenty of people male or female or....whose voices ARE NOT SUITABLE.

If these aspects are not suitable regardless how excellent a persons insight may be they are like listening to a squawking gala.
Bulldust

How do people like Garry Lyon or Jonathan Brown get jobs on radio? Because of their great resonance, articulation, tone and pitch?

They're in regular breakfast slots when the whole radio station business is geared around a successful breakfast show?

Dennis Cometti had an ok voice and had good resonance but he was monotone with most of his commentary. He was no Sandy Roberts. He built his career on accuracy and professionalism and made his reputation on one liners.

Sorry energy vampire...you'll have to find another victim in which to 'win' an argument & find meaning for your existence.
That's your comeback is it?

In other words you attempted to try and pretend you had knowledge and insight in regard to announcing and broadcasting, but you know Jack Shyte :mrgreen: :lol:

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 9:35pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 9:04pm

Bulldust

That's your comeback is it?

In other words you attempted to try and pretend you had knowledge and insight in regard to announcing and broadcasting, but you know Jack Shyte :mrgreen: :lol:
Just say no to energy vamps.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 5:40pm
B.M wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 11:05am Rather listen to Daisy than the incoherent speed talking of Luke Hodge. It’s like he has a timer on him every time he speaks.

Daisy does have a whine in her voice, but at least she analyses what’s going on and communicates it!

They’re both shizenhousen! Richardson is a POS. Channel 7 are a joke. It’s a disgrace that they still have the telecasting rights. It’s synonymous of Australia’s most inept PM (Scott Morrison) trying to cling onto power.
What political muppet doesn’t try to cling to power??
Watch Anthony Overseasie once the Voice gets squashed
He’ll pivot like they all do
Anyway not footy so let’s leave our channel 10 soft political bias at home hey?

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

On the commentariat, I sense that:
- the word for the finals is "Tempo".
- There is a growing narrative of Fagin not having played VFL/AFL but somehow accidently being a good coach: I get the spin being his success is an aberration and most ex coaches and players don't appreciate someone with Chris' CV being so successful (might not reflect well on the conventional wisdom that if you haven't done it you know nothing).
- And the ever present: never criticise the umpiring, no matter how bad, how arbitrary, mendacious and technically wrong. Wouldn't want to deter a youngster from taking it up on Saturday morning and thinking there might be non negotiable professional standards.
- Collingwood's poo does not stink: Maynard a victim, McCrae a loveable leprechaun of a guy that tames savage beasts; N. Daicos is god's gift and G. Ablett Jr was just a prototype. Collingwood supporters are really nice and the mob booing and lack of respect is quite cute from the safety of the commentary box.

older saint
SS Life Member

Arguable who had the worse weekend - umpires or commentators on 7.

BT was practically cheering Friday night - like listening to Carlton SEN channel equivalent. The Saturday night we had Luke Darcey Blues ( not sure what the link there is perhaps Victorian bias, or unhappy Dunkley left WB). 7 are clearly puppets for AFL and umpires - crickey Brayshaw even said the tackle on Toby Greene was a great tackle in the last 5 minutes.

Daisy - i don't care about her voice it is what she says and it generally is captain obvious comments. Special comments, we will all have our favorites but to me Dermott and Garry Lyon as seem more honest, don't tow the party line 9 yea both Fox not 7 so umpires are questioned) and provide something that a mug in the stand doesn't appreciate that only a past player can provide.

Least she doesn't call them the orange team as probably the worst call commentator does

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I still reckon she's s***. Nothing to do with being female.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 25 Sep 2023 10:25am
Sainternist wrote: Sun 24 Sep 2023 5:40pm

What political muppet doesn’t try to cling to power??
Watch Anthony Overseasie once the Voice gets squashed
He’ll pivot like they all do
Anyway not footy so let’s leave our channel 10 soft political bias at home hey?
Get lost, you maggot! Don’t talk to me again.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!