Just spoke to Archie Fraser re Bakes isuue

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Peanut
Club Player

Just spoke to Archie Fraser re Bakes isuue

Just had a conversation with Archie Fraser St Kilda CEO who has already recieved the emails sent by concerned saintsationalists

He said that he and Ken Sheldon have been working on this issue for most of the day but the transcript just came through from the AFL at around 7.00pm this evening.

Obviously he can't make too much of the club's intentions public but can say that it was Dockers Official that said that he saw the incident.

They will put everything into this and provide their QC with as much info as possible.

The following fan forum post on 'Dockerland' is fairly consistent with Bakes story and someone else who phoned SEN.

Farmer off the Ball Incident
. . . The bloke next to me at the game - a Dockers fan BTW - reckons they were grappling with each other - pulling and pushing at each other - all tangled up. They momentarily broke from each other, but all awkward and out of balance. Farmer pushed away, then as Baker started to pedal backwards to follow the flight of the ball/play, Farmer lunged forward and ran straight into the back of Bakers head face first. The bloke next to me let out a 'Oooohh That's gotta hurt' as it happened, and that's when I looked up to see Farmer on the ground. Baker was following the play and had a go at marking the next kick from memory. I have a distinct memory of him having a quick look at Farmer on the ground before getting on with it. So sorry to all who want someone's blood other than our Jeffrey's . . . It could well be that it was just one of those things that happen . . .

http://www.dockerland.com/cgi-bin/teemz ... iscussions

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

If he's got a lump on the back of his head he walks ? Give Milney a crow bar ! 8-)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:If he's got a lump on the back of his head he walks ? Give Milney a crow bar ! 8-)
Don't need a crow bar...just let them do "Saint Scared" again!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

thanks Peanut

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

There was a second hitter?

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:If he's got a lump on the back of his head he walks ? Give Milney a crow bar ! 8-)
Gold :D

Thanks for that info peanut...will be interesting to see which way this goes and how the club responds...the weakness of the case demands the strongest response possible....if thats legal avenues so be it :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
casey scorp
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:There was a second hitter?
On a grassy knoll.

GRAMophone
Club Player

This type of account seems to be popping up fairly consistently. If something along those lines happened Bakes would surely have a haematoma on the back of his head. If he does have a haematoma on the back of his head, [as GT suggests] he couldn't be in too much trouble could he?

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Legend Peanut.

Great that the club was so quick to contact you (or vice-versa) and can provide this sort of information so quickly to members.

Keeps us all happy that they are doing what they can and working on the issue ...

Good work Archie and Peanut.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
noddy

casey scorp wrote:
On a grassy knoll.
LOL :D

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
On a grassy knoll.
hahaha I was going to say the same thing!

Thanks for the insight re: Bakes and Farmdog!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

gramophone***111 wrote:This type of account seems to be popping up fairly consistently. If something along those lines happened Bakes would surely have a haematoma on the back of his head. If he does have a haematoma on the back of his head, [as GT suggests] he couldn't be in too much trouble could he?

ummmm if he had a haematoma in the back of his you would likely be dead. If you are talking about a bump then it would've gone down by now.

saintbart
Club Player

Perhaps Farmer should be the one being charged if he is the one running into the back of Baker. If this is what has actually occurred, Baker has no case to answer, and we are bloody lucky Bakes came out of this with just a bump to the head.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

ausfatcat wrote:

If you are talking about a bump then it would've gone down by now.
Lets hope we showed it to a medical person after the game in the likely event he would be charged

Before Im 85
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:ummmm if he had a haematoma in the back of his you would likely be dead. If you are talking about a bump then it would've gone down by now.
:shock:

"Dr Ausfatcat to Ward B ... paging Dr Ausfatcat ..."

A haematoma's a bruise :o

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
The Peanut
Club Player

Official Club Announcement on Bakes defence

http://saints.com.au

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

did anyone read the dockerland thread the peanut posted in the op?
what a bunch of knowledge-less tools

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:did anyone read the dockerland thread the peanut posted in the op?
what a bunch of knowledge-less tools
Did you mean the people on dockerland (including the one who defended Baker)?

Did you mean the "anyone" to whom you addressed this post?

Did you mean peanut? (and them's fighting words if you did)

It's important when being abusive that one is also precise.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

clearly said the "the dockerland thread". if u had read the thread you would know who i am talking about.

i will edit for you since you struggle with basic english...

please fellow saintsationalists, take the time to visit the the dockerland link posted by the peanut.

whilst reading through the thread re: the baker/farmer incident, you will see that the basic football knowledge of 99% of docker fans (excluding a couple of level headed posters) is pathetic. they are silly duffers.

A little more reader friendly my friend?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
The Peanut
Club Player

I just checked the Dockerland Thread myself and it appears that the tossers have deleted the post - lucky we copied it first :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:I just checked the Dockerland Thread myself and it appears that the tossers have deleted the post - lucky we copied it first :roll:
it looks like thats a habit they've adopted - delete any post with a sensible argument that counters their insane ramblings....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:I just checked the Dockerland Thread myself and it appears that the tossers have deleted the post - lucky we copied it first :roll:
Its still there....... that link is working...

dockerland "Baker is a talentless thug"
hahahha funny alot of people say he is the best tagger in the league, so much for talentless... The only player who really can keep Judd quiet.
what a pack of brainless wallys on there.

dockland "My brother was at the game and saw the incident. Farmer was moving to take off and Baker came from the side and either punched or elbowed him to the face. Without any video evidence it will most probably be another "Seagull" Seaby incident!"

Ok so his brother clearly needs glasses too, can't tell the difference from a hand to an elbow... as I said brainless wallys
Last edited by Dal_Santos_Gal on Tue 21 Aug 2007 12:34am, edited 1 time in total.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Re: Just spoke to Archie Fraser re Bakes isuue

The Peanut wrote:but all awkward and out of balance
Sounds like a few Dockers supporters I know ... awkward and lacking balance.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
kalsaint
Club Player

I have just left their site and inserted the last half of you original post. Some of those challenged to be slow were quite reasonable about it and were keen for the balanced opinion.

Half have been rolling around with emotive statements that resemble some of the stuff I see here too but from a different perspective on the Farmer incident.

Not all are idiots over there. Some are not willing to listen and are using the Fremantle officials version as the reason. They are citing obvious discretions in versions as lying or not being credible. I have seen this sort of behaviour on all footy sites. Nothing to get upset about its just passion being shown for your side. Unfortunately (for them) they may be embarrased tomorrow if what has been said here is true. However, I doubt it. They will chosse to disbelieve the case, blame the officials and hide behind the smear. This too is quite typical footy site behaviour (all sites).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
The Peanut
Club Player

Well done
kalsaint
were u the Saint from Kalgoolie that was on the double decker bus from pre-game function at Hyde Park Hotel to Subi when the bus was stuck in the traffic a few years back?

I'm having a go on dockerland :lol: