Moorabbin Wing Chants!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Wing Chants!

Right......I realize the cheer squad can't "technically" do things in regards to sending a message out to the way the Tribunal continually screw us over via the banner (as funny as it would be) but perhaps we can come up with and hand out a small piece of paper (even just to word people up with what to do) with one chant to all of those who sit in the Moorabbin Wing area? If we can get something short, sharp and effective happening, and loud enough to get the TV coverage it would send out a fantastic message....Any ideas?

How about: BAKERS SENTENCE LOAD OF SH!T (clap clap, clap clap clap) :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

how about "Let's Free Baker, Let's Free!" *clap clap*

or "Let him play, let him play, let him play"

or "Dimwit's a Wanker!" *clap, clap, clap clap, clap*

"Get stuffed Dimwit, get stuffed!" *clap, clap*

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Will be discussed Friday pre-game for sure!!

Now..Level 1 folk..the cameras can see you..especially on the MW side..so..reckon you can make some signs..hold em up at appropriate moments??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
midas_touch
Club Player

How about: BAKERS SENTENCE LOAD OF SH!T (clap clap, clap clap clap)
I wouldnt mind chanting that.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Good idea to protest...but I prefer how football fans do things.

They don't need to swear in pathetic cricket-inspired chants, they don't need to come up with hopeless chants which nobody joins in - such a better supporter culture.

If you want to make a statement, I'd consider doing it like the Victory fans.

Stand up, link arms, and when the players run out - turn around and don't sing the song.

Then a minute before the bounce turn back around and chant like you've never chanted before.

That way, you make your point, nobody can accuse you of not supporting the team and nobody can accuse you of doing nothing.

Guys, learn from the best.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Young Georgie
Club Player

Great idea! Although it might go over 7's head. Would there be a camera to capture it?

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

no but vossy might see it then say he didnt !!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

They don't need to swear in pathetic cricket-inspired chants
Oh COME ON Everton..I love em to death and I know its mission impossible to try and create the atmosphere they create at AFL games..but..please dont tell me the Blue and White Brigade dont swear!! 8-)

Their forum is like a moderator-less gathering of advanced Tourettes Syndrome sufferers, they start threads about how some chants dont have enough swearing in them, and Some of their match-day offeringsinclude "F*** off Adelaide" and "Who the F*** are Sydney FC?" Not cricket inspired, but pretty well plagiarised from their mates in the EPL (which by the way Im totally cool with!!) and delivered at a volume that rattles windowpanes in faraway suburbs

Unfortunately, AFL is different and Ill tell ya now, asking the Moorabbin Wing to turn ther backs on the St Kilda Football Club and refuse to sing the song as they run out on the ground....well to be honest I personally would refuse to do it and Id expect nothing less from everyone else.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Unfortunately, AFL is different and Ill tell ya now, asking the Moorabbin Wing to turn ther backs on the St Kilda Football Club and refuse to sing the song as they run out on the ground....well to be honest I personally would refuse to do it and Id expect nothing less from everyone else.
Eh? What the hell are you talking about?

The Northern Terrace turned their backs while the players ran out - not while the game was on - and it had exactly the desired effect.

I guess that's the difference between supporters of the two codes. I'm an AFL man first and foremost, but I'm not ashamed to admit they destroy us in the active supporter stakes.

Turning your back whilst the game hasn't started is not a sin...

But it will have enough of a desired impact. Everyone will notice and say "Hey, they're making a stand..."

If you chant "Baker's shi*ty sentence was unfair....appeal, appeal, appeal, wooooooooooo!" - you're going to get laughed at.

And, FYI, their forum is moderated brilliantly and they get rid of the rubbish that comes in quickly. And their posters understand that SMS speak is banned, which is a real plus.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

for many reasons we CAN NOT put any thing on the banner to do with the afl or baker. or pot, crack, etc....
but you guys can! make one up and hang it over the edge! such as:
"FREE BAKER"
and also for many reason the OFFICIAL ST. KILDA CHEER SQUAD CAN NOT make up stupid chants like that, but you guys can!

go for it! it would be awesome if you did!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Winmarvellous
Club Player

That's the point isn't it Dooley. Would it not have a lot more effect if the CS thumbed their nose at the system that sentenced Bakes.

How about if everyone turns their backs when the Eagles run onto the field, and make zero noise. It will confuse the sh*t out of everyone. Don't even boo them after a goal, only cheer the good St Kilda does. A way of saying we love the Saints, and couldn't give a toss about the rest of the league. Won't happen, but would be magic to see.

taz
Club Player

GREAT IDEA

just chant

BAKER BAKER BAKER

a la MILNEY

everybody knows he's innocent

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Idea - After every goal the crowd should get some sort of baker chant going

and anything that goes against us tomorrow night, boo it, whether it is correct or not

Lynch kicking for goal, boo him
Ump pays free for very clear high tackle against us, boo him
just boo boo and boo

SaintDippa
Club Player

What could they do if 15,000 sainters all sat down in the centre square and refused to leave?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:What could they do if 15,000 sainters all sat down in the centre square and refused to leave?
very 60's!!! I love it. Maybe we could chain ourselves to the goal posts!!!! Save the treeeessss whoops mean bakkkeerrrrr

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintDippa
Club Player

Yeah the 60's. Free Sex included?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i think a simple and effective chant along the lines of LET BAKER PLAY, LET BAKER PLAY etc. would be a good way to go

it has to be simple, otherwise it will be too hard to understand and won't be picked up by channel 7

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:for many reasons we CAN NOT put any thing on the banner to do with the afl or baker.
Fair enough - it's your five seconds of fame, I guess you can't jeapordise something that, for many of you, would be the highlight of your week.
and also for many reason the OFFICIAL ST. KILDA CHEER SQUAD CAN NOT make up stupid chants like that, but you guys can!
Eh, now, that is absolute rubbish.

Who or what is going to have a go at you for that? Seriously? When you're off the ground, the AFL couldn't really give a damn what you do, provided it's not unlawful.

The Cheer Squad and it's social types should stand up for themselves - look at what the Northern Terrace achieved.

Seriously, 'official'? What does that mean? Does that mean you're controlled by the club and the AFL? Puh-lease.

Come on Dools, you're a bright kid, don't get sucked in by the big noting.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

the club should get a bit of money together and bring in the Barmy Army to 'pinch hit' in the crowd for the game

they could (and probably would) spend the whole 3 hours getting pissed and carrying on about the ridiculous Baker decision

now theres a group of supporters who know how to be heard and get a message across (even tho their team is absolute rubbish)

:D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

What about involving some of the Eagles fans in the chanting with:

What do we want : MORE SNORT
Where are we going ?: Supreme Court

or

Farmers a faker
We want our Baker...

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
saintdooley wrote:for many reasons we CAN NOT put any thing on the banner to do with the afl or baker.
Fair enough - it's your five seconds of fame, I guess you can't jeapordise something that, for many of you, would be the highlight of your week.
Eh, now, that is absolute rubbish.

Who or what is going to have a go at you for that? Seriously? When you're off the ground, the AFL couldn't really give a damn what you do, provided it's not unlawful.

The Cheer Squad and it's social types should stand up for themselves - look at what the Northern Terrace achieved.

Seriously, 'official'? What does that mean? Does that mean you're controlled by the club and the AFL? Puh-lease.

Come on Dools, you're a bright kid, don't get sucked in by the big noting.
Hes got a point there Dools...surely the CS chanting Bakes' name breaks no rules and I reckon sure as eggs would get the rest of the crowd joining in in no time!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I finished work at Midnight and only got news then so my fury is still raging at 2.35am.
I'm all for the chant of BAKER BAKER ... ala Milney couple years ago.

Just to send a subtle message

my les foote
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Good idea to protest...but I prefer how football fans do things.
I guess you mean SOCCER or The World Game.

Win it for HIM!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Good idea to protest...but I prefer how football fans do things.
I guess you mean SOCCER or The World Game.
Nah, football.

my les foote
Club Player

Which league do Victory play in?

WAFL?

VAFA?

SANFL?

BARFL?

Win it for HIM!