Announcement to be made in the week ahead?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Announcement to be made in the week ahead?

Will the announcement we have been dreading (for the past couple of seasons) finally be made over the course of the following week?

If so, perhaps this could inspire the players to produce the greatest miracle (next to '66) in the club's history ...that's providing all goes to plan, in that we defeat Richmond and the filth does it's job.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I think not...

I hope not :shock: :cry:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Announcement to be made in the week ahead?

Sainternist wrote:Will the announcement we have been dreading (for the past couple of seasons) finally be made over the course of the following week?

If so, perhaps this could inspire the players to produce the greatest miracle (next to '66) in the club's history ...that's providing all goes to plan, in that we defeat Richmond and the filth does it's job.
Sorry Idont get it.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

if its gonna be made i hope it is made this week

id like to honour the man with a farewell match...i dont want a michael voss (or aussie jones) repeat

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Now I get it. Harvs will not announce anything this week even if he doesnt play next year.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Now I get it. Harvs will not announce anything this week even if he doesnt play next year.
yep, I tend to agree with you.

IF next week was a home match it may have been treated a bit differently I'd like to think.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Harves will make up his mind AFTER the season concludes for us....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
casey scorp
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Will the announcement we have been dreading (for the past couple of seasons) finally be made over the course of the following week?
Is this mere speculation (for want of something to start up a thread to get a debate going), or do you know something - even 1% of something?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

How the bloody hell can you have a farewell game in Round 22 when you are still playing for a finals spot????

Plugger is spot on..the last thing banger wants is a hoopla farewell game.

I reckon IF IF IF he does decide to give it away at the end of 07 then a lap round TD in a car at our first home game of 08 will do him nicely. Hes the last bloke in the world to want an emotion-charged farewell game

and if ANYONE says thats selfish..well..well..just dont say it :twisted:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

When GT was sacked at the end of last season Harves announced he would play on. Lets hope his decision will be as quick this year so we are not left wondering.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Is this mere speculation (for want of something to start up a thread to get a debate going), or do you know something - even 1% of something?
This is a discussion forum, not a news service.

casey scorp
Club Player

It would still be nice to now whether we have anything to fear because Sainternist knows something.

There are many people who know some inside info who post on here, and maybe (but I hope not) this is just one of those times.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
casey scorp wrote:
This is a discussion forum, not a news service.
Get over yourself mate - I get on here and pray someone knows something or at the least to see Jeff/Rodg make it up...I enjoy 3:16, Plugger, Killa, Peanut and anyone else who provides some insight...

Im sure most like a bit of inside knowledge this joint occasionally brings... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

He was interviewed at the Presidents Dinner Friday night and said he would not make a decision until he sat down with family, RL and the club.

Said he had told his wife for the last four years "this will be my last season". Also hates he constant speculation.

To be honest I doubt if he has made a decision.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I don't believe this post.... Because I was listening to spud on Triple M yesterday before whatever game was on yesterday afternoon.

They were talking about all the retirements this year and possible retirements that we still don't know.

Spud was asked about Harves and Spud said he was talking to Harves about it and Harvey said that his frame and mind still feels really good he is just worried about his soft tissue. He also went on to say, Harvey himself does not know at this stage if he will or will not play on next year and will not make any decision till after the saints have finished their season.

Now cut the cr*p ppls, I wouldn't think spud would be making this up as they are good friends.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Okay, we have a pretty intense situation brewing for round 22, but FAIR DINKUM, try and relax a little.

I was merely speculating... that's all :?

Sheesh!!!

I really didn't mean to get people so wound up over this.

Anything is possible in just 1 week of football, right?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

It wouldn't be in Robert Harveys nature to have a huge farewell game like Tird. People like the latter need, nay, crave the attention, Harves does not.

We will still do something for him, no doubt, but I dount it will be as overt as the fireworks and carry on from last night. Harves has always done his talking on the field.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A few people on here need to open their other eye a teeny bit from time to time :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I would kinda like Harvs to play R22 - NOT as a farewell game and retire after the season if he wants.

Not that I want him to retire. Still think he has another year in him.

Entirely up to him.

No, the reason I would like it is because it would exactly fit Robert Harvey's understated persona. Has never like the fanfare and has always been humble and modest.

It would be fitting of the way he has played and the way he has conducted himself over the past 20 years.

A true champion who has and will always let his actions speak louder than his words.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:A few people on here need to open their other eye a teeny bit from time to time :roll:
Sue me.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

20 years 350+ games two brownlows countless awards and accolaides if the great man has had enuff then hes had enuff and i will be happy with that !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints_45
Club Player

I'm sure Richmond would be hating it if it was Harv's last game.

From memory (and it's a little foggy) Burkey's last game was against the tigers and we did them by 80 odd points.

Let's hope it's not and we still get the result though

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Saints_45 wrote:I'm sure Richmond would be hating it if it was Harv's last game.

From memory (and it's a little foggy) Burkey's last game was against the tigers and we did them by 80 odd points.

Let's hope it's not and we still get the result though
:lol: :lol: :lol:

After getting people a little upset, really good to see someone has brought in some comic relief to the thread.

Cheers 8-)

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:It wouldn't be in Robert Harveys nature to have a huge farewell game like Tird. People like the latter need, nay, crave the attention, Harves does not.

We will still do something for him, no doubt, but I dount it will be as overt as the fireworks and carry on from last night. Harves has always done his talking on the field.
Ric I love the fact you are very open eyed but you have you forgotten the MASSIVE farewell game we had for Nathan Burke.

Its the same as James Hird and any other player that is retiring and getting a massive send off.

The truth is Harv's himself does not know what he is doing next year. He clearly does not want to make a decision to retire and then possibly regret it.
I am sure if he plays next year we will know before the end of the season that it is his last year.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
eppo67
Club Player

Sainternist I just love that picture of Greg BURNS he was my favorite player growing up.

I went to school with Phil EGAN who played for Richmond and he told me that Burns was the toughest player he ever played on. Burns today in the St.kilda side at the dome would be awesome. He was the best in and under player I have ever seen.

He would be a clearence guru if he played today. If he wasn't such a hard ass anti umpire he would he won the big one I reckon. I remember he won the WOS player of the year once and got 1 vote in the Brownlow. Arent umpires prescious little tossers.
Last edited by eppo67 on Mon 27 Aug 2007 8:02pm, edited 1 time in total.