i got an email from Greg Westaway

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Please send a PM this way rocky!

The Saints are coming!
The Peanut
Club Player

I am sure that the staff would be obliged to provide a challenging ticket with an address list of the members under the consitution, whether or not the club will pay for the mail-out I am not sure about - but it will be very much less than 50c per letter in a bulk mail of that size. I think the last time I did a mail-out for a much smaller amount than that it was 4.5c - twas a while back though :wink: Whatever the rules are - RB will have the same rights to approach members and probably more club resources than the challengers.

The whole thing isn't as big an issue as everyone seems to think - if RB has the support of the majority of the members he will win and with a renewed knowledge that he has the members behind him in how he is doing his job. If a compromise is made - then things should have improved. If he loses then the members have decided to let RB and Co go.

THE GRANT THOMAS / ROD BUTTERSS ERA
As with GT, RB will be always be remembered by most of us as a very important contributor to our club, and we are forever grateful - no matter what happens.

Let's just hope its not too messy - the press will turn it into the biggest dog-pile thay can but with the finals looming it will be in the background sooner rather than later.

. . . and rogerwa - as much as it would appear to be nice to have all club factions effectively communicating with me it is a myth I am affraid - neverthless I have heard the odd word from time to time but don't encourage it as I don't like knowing too much - its too big of a responsibility for an old peanut. Keeping up with the rubbish the press feeds us is enough for me swallow, I'm affraid. :)

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
The whole thing isn't as big an issue as everyone seems to think - if RB has the support of the majority of the members he will win and with a renewed knowledge that he has the members behind him in how he is doing his job. If a compromise is made - then things should have improved. If he loses then the members have decided to let RB and Co go.
Yep.

At the end of the day, if Butterss wins then he will sharpen up, and realise that there are a number of issues he must turn his attention to with urgency and vision.

He will be confident he has members' support and can act accordingly, and will not do a bad job ... eight years tells us that.

On the other hand, if he is voted out, he will still be remembered as a President who turned the club around from a basket case off-field to a team that played finals consistently.

In the context of our history, that's a significant achievement.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
hellorocky
Club Player

Ummm - I've been inundated with PM's etc, sorry if I didn't get back personally, so here is the email..... without the PA's name and phone number, the website has a contact option

Dear Donna,

Supporters like you are the life blood of our club. Without them there is no club. Nathan Burke, Andrew Thompson and I are aware of your continued dedication and loyalty to the Club we all love so much. I have been a supporter and member all my life, and like you, bleed red, white and black.

I hope we can speak soon. My PA is XXXXX and her direct contact phone number during working hours is XXXXX. We would like to co-ordinate a time to discuss what Footy First is about, and obtain your support, and the support of the members of your Supporters Group. Our web site sets out some general information, and you can view it by clicking on the following link:

www.stkildafootyfirst.com

Nathan is also hoping to speak with you. Change is always difficult. I think a true Saint supporter, is prepared to stand up, have the courage to lead change, and that is what I am doing together with the members of the Footy First ticket. The members have not had the chance to vote for more than a couple of their board members for more than 12 years. A vote of members to choose between different groups is an opportunity to have the most direct involvement possible in the running of our club. No President or person seeking to be President should be concerned about letting the members have that opportunity. The players are away. Of all times to give the members a chance to vote, now is the best time.

I look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, if what you see and hear about us motivates you to do so, please rally your Group around to support the Footy First ticket, and send in the proxies that you'll soon receive in the mail.

If you are undecided, then I ask that you not make any decision one way or another until Nathan and or I have had the chance to talk to you.

Kind Regards

Greg Westaway

Candidate for President

St Kilda Saints Football Club Limited

Chairman

Gregorys Transport

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Wise words Peanut.

Like you I only see that good will come from it...with admitedly some short term angst.

I would contend that the most disappointed person is going to be Caro..

She is LUSTING to see blood,,,,,and tried to paint last night that things would be nasty.

I don't think she will get it.....some tension yes...but not a ding dong battle.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The contacts for the email were not sourced via saints.com.au I dont think

I have recieved one, presumably as the Club contact for Moorabbin Wing information...and there is no mention of the MW or my details in the Supporter Group section of the website

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
saintbrat wrote:addresses on saints.com .au JD
not Hard to find
My address is on that website? :shock:

Christ, don't tell Teflon. :lol:

i'm looking for an andy living in hawthorn....... :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

' The members have not had the chance to vote for more than a couple of their board members for more than 12 years. A vote of members to choose between different groups is an opportunity to have the most direct involvement possible in the running of our club. No President or person seeking to be President should be concerned about letting the members have that opportunity."

...that's a salient point...i never voted for rod.........did you..????..no...of course not........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
saintbrat wrote:addresses on saints.com .au JD
not Hard to find
My address is on that website? :shock:

Christ, don't tell Teflon. :lol:
Ill be over shortly Jeff...me and JoffaBurns.....we'll bring the plugs......(for our ears ofcourse...cant stand hearing a grown man scream....)

Dont get all excited - there'll be no Bruce Willis scenes from Pulp Fiction... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””