Chris Judd not meeting with the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

Just remember the train wreck the last time we blindly pursued a $1 million/year person.

Strategy, rather than emotion, needs to be exercised.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:Just remember the train wreck the last time we blindly pursued a $1 million/year person.

who was that?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Just remember we came a long way from behind to get GERHIG and BLACK when it looked like we out of the picture from what ive heard we are well and truly in the mix

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
St Igmata
Club Player

CURLY wrote:Just remember we came a long way from behind to get GERHIG and BLACK when it looked like we out of the picture from what ive heard we are well and truly in the mix
Who told you this?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

does it matter it was the same people who told me GT was gone the day b4 it happened and that Lyon would coach well b4 he was in the picture

casey scorp
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
casey scorp wrote:Just remember the train wreck the last time we blindly pursued a $1 million/year person.

who was that?
Get on board for the ride of your life. That a big enough clue?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So we are out of the running because we are a rabble.

But the club is not in turmoil, or percieved to be.

Great work from all of the cabbages at the STKFC and the alternative ticket. I am sure you had the best interest of the STKFC at heart when you topedeoed any change we had of securing Judd. :roll: :roll:

Oh well - Judd would have been no good next year with no preseason (out for at least four months).

We get to keep Dal Kosi and Roo and can now resign Goose and keep out #9 pick while the others fight it out.

Not a disasterous result.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Igmata
Club Player

CURLY wrote:does it matter it was the same people who told me GT was gone the day b4 it happened and that Lyon would coach well b4 he was in the picture
Ok, i suppose one out of two aint bad.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

which one didnt happen :roll:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

chris judd would be great but hes not the be all and end all we survived 6 years with him not in our team im sure we will survive longer

the question i ask is will his mum write a new crappy song like "from backyard to brownlows" maybe if he go's to carlton "from premierships to woodenspoons " or it he go's to collingwood "from drug cheats to outright cheats ?"

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

listening the eddie's constant crying over nick stevens, fraser gehrig and heath black amongst others was an endless balm to my soul.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Given Kenny's comments from the other day, this is a tad embarassing for KS I believe.

saintlee
Club Player

We were never going to get judd anyway IMO....plus we already have one superstar cut down by a groin injury, don't need any more thanks....

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Well if RL wants us to go after Judd, then SFF need to contact Paul Connors and explain our interest.

Connors on SEN just hinted that whilst Judd has a good personal relationship with RB from his junior days, the current unrest behind the scenes takes us 'out of the running'.

Westaway, Burke, Thompson or whoever else they deem necessary needs to speak up and explain that they will be running things and that we are the best place for him to 'lob'.
Very true. Don't muck around on this one SFF.

And also, don't muck around with Maguire, too.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i remember in the early nineties kenny pissed off fletcher and dale kickett...for nothing...delisted both of them...hoping to free up room for mitchell from the swannies......we missed out.....fletcher and kickett went on to be very good footballers.......would have helped enormously in 1997 if we still had those guys.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Oh well - Judd would have been no good next year with no preseason (out for at least four months).

We get to keep Dal Kosi and Roo and can now resign Goose and keep out #9 pick while the others fight it out.

Not a disasterous result.

something we can agree on for a change....... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i remember in the early nineties kenny pissed off fletcher and dale kickett...for nothing...delisted both of them...hoping to free up room for mitchell from the swannies......we missed out.....fletcher and kickett went on to be very good footballers.......would have helped enormously in 1997 if we still had those guys.....
dale kickett was a very good HBF who everyone tried to turn into a FP...

KS would never have worked that one out.

Fletcher, yep, frankly he was a fair wack our midfield talent, with burke on the HBF at the time, Dean Greig, winmar, harvey and the rest made up of lesser talents like craven, bowser, skeets, pekin, and mad micky dwyer :D

with locket, loewe, deano rice, obie in the forward line and winmar running everwhere like the wind, it was basically ping it within 50m of goal and chances are someone would pluck it and convert.

and NO one liked taking a mark against spud, unless it was WAAAAAAY out front.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Judd is not the answer to our prayers. For God's sake, one player does not make a football team.

It was like all that nonsense when Sheldon put just about every player up for trade to try to get Greg Williams all those years ago.

Better to focus on securing our remaining uncontracted players and set a solid foundation for next year.

If I was West Coast, however, this is what I'd be demanding from those teams in the box seat to get Judd

Collingwood: Pick 15, and young players Nathan Brown and Ben Reid

Carlton: Fevola, Pick 3 and pick 34

Melbourne: Pick 4, pick 20 and Aaron Davey

Hawthorn: Pick 14, Mitch Thorp and Xavier Ellis

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So we are out of the running because we are a rabble.

But the club is not in turmoil, or percieved to be.

Great work from all of the cabbages at the STKFC and the alternative ticket. I am sure you had the best interest of the STKFC at heart when you topedeoed any change we had of securing Judd. :roll: :roll:
So there was absolutely no turmoil at the club before Westaway launched his challenge JB?

Get real: the turmoil began in September 2006 and hasn't stopped since.
(Indeed, some might say that the current turmoil has its roots in events that go back to at least the early 1990s.)

The best chance the club has of ending the turmoil is a clean break to a new team. Can you imagine that there would be any chance of it ending if Butterss retains his hold on the Board? Two existing members would resign, as would presumably the CEO and several more of the club's employees.

Blaming Westaway is a classic case of shooting the messenger IMO.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
aussiejones
Club Player

Forget Judd.

Make sure we keep Goose & Montagna

4ever_saint
Club Player

was said on channel 10 news earlier by judd's manager that they arent looking at st.kilda as an option because of all the inner-turmoil at the club.

and i agree with aussiejones, now that we arent in with a chance for judd, we should be focusing on out of contract players such as maguire, baker and montagna whom i'm sure are all being hounded by other clubs with offers (it has already been said that richmond among with other clubs are after maguire).

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Im worried that Judd's manager, Paul Connors, is also Goose's manager...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Im worried that Judd's manager, Paul Connors, is also Goose's manager...
well that's one trade i would consider. a good (potentially great) player for a great (albiet injured) player.

woooosaints
Club Player

im kinda gone from a avid judd wanter to an avid dont get him campaigner im glad it kinda happens when a player like him comes on the market everyone wants him but if you think about the salary cap what you have to give up suddenly he is not worth that much. I do hope we go after him so carlton pick him up and his groin stays dodgy forever another kouta 1M a season deal

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:pendlebury is a solid future midfielder
Which is why his name will never be mentioned in this period.

He has age on his side compared to Judd... May reach his level in time to come too.

They walk amongst us...