Confirmation about the G train....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bono
Club Player

Confirmation about the G train....

He got his nomination in with a minute to go before the deadline today. StKFC officials are currently at the AFL to see if he is redrafted can he be put on the veteran's list and therefore only include 50% of his salary in the cap. Pick #58 will be a very interesting one!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Already a topic on this - if you could add it to there it would be appreciated.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Don't you have to play 10 years at the same club to go on the Veterans list?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
BallBanger
Club Player

Just when I thought we may have a forward who tries.....
would be another step backwards have we not stuffed our list in the last few years.
We don't need this..
would not hurt us as opposition, would be like everett unlikely/unlucky if we met him on his game....
We must draft youngsters...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:Just when I thought we may have a forward who tries.....
would be another step backwards have we not stuffed our list in the last few years.
We don't need this..
would not hurt us as opposition, would be like everett unlikely/unlucky if we met him on his game....
We must draft youngsters...
at pick 70 in a shallow draft like this one he is worth the price

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
BallBanger
Club Player

He's a bad influence....better to have someone who hits the packs.

GTrain waits for the game to come to him and if the opposition is above average forget him.

GTrain and Milne lose you more games than they win.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

BallBanger wrote:He's a bad influence....better to have someone who hits the packs.

GTrain waits for the game to come to him and if the opposition is above average forget him.

are you a troll?? or just stupid?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
hobbo
Club Player

i honstly think this is a good thing... at least we might only have to pay 50% of his payment and then the rest can go towards a younger up and coming player and still have a big forward to kick to and WIN games :):):)

linz
Club Player

Great news. Take him with our last pick. He won't play anywhere else from what I've heard.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
St.Kenny
Club Player

all the way with the G train

lots of clubs would love to have him believe me !!!

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
BallBanger
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:
BallBanger wrote:He's a bad influence....better to have someone who hits the packs.

Can I meet you somewhere to talk this over?
A member since '71
All my family are members
You call me a troll once more and I'll find you.

Maybe a stupid little moron like yourself could explain to me who he's beaten in the last couple of years.

I'm sick of list mismanagement but with cretins like you licking their ass no matter, takes the pressure off.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:

A member since '71

Maybe a stupid little moron like yourself could explain to me who he's beaten in the last couple of years.

I'm sick of list mismanagement but with cretins like you licking their ass no matter, takes the pressure off.
huh? lyon was on record on wanting to keep Gehrig and most would agree that his retirement has left a big hole to fill, especially with concerns over the rucking situation.

this guy is a 100 goal full forward who will still take a very good defender and thus take pressure off the other forwards as they develop ie: Allen

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger is entitled to that opinion. It's not a reflection of the poster's love for the Saints.

FWIW, I'm not overly keen on Gehrig coming back either. I think he is one-dimensional and we are very predictable with him in the side.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
fisher_fan
Club Player

i remember there being post's on this forum after his retirement about who could kick the goals he did....kosi was the answer to a lot of people. if kosi goes through injury free then great he might kick 70....if he doesn't than we have an unproven charlie gardiner and not many other options. I think its best to give gehrig one more year, his last game was a ripper, he's 32 and i think if he has gone to this much trouble he must have desire to play. give him a go, even as a forward pocket....

Milne - Kosi - Gehrig
Schneider - Riedwolt - Montagna

Probably would be one of the top 5 forward lines in the league if they are all firing. Even a resting King or M Gardiner could slot in, but in my opinion let the G-Train make one last stop at Moorabin!

such is life
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:BallBanger is entitled to that opinion. It's not a reflection of the poster's love for the Saints.

FWIW, I'm not overly keen on Gehrig coming back either. I think he is one-dimensional and we are very predictable with him in the side.
I can see where your concern is coming from. He has become IMO less versatile in the last couple of years, but, the guy did kick 60 goals last year and always takes the biggest, gruntiest defender. The key is, why does he want to come back? Retiring is a big decision and he'd want to be able to convince the Football Management team that he was ready to give 110% all year. If he can do that and is really fair dinkum in his commitment, then definitely worth a late pick-up IMO.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:BallBanger is entitled to that opinion. It's not a reflection of the poster's love for the Saints.

I can see where your concern is coming from. He has become IMO less versatile in the last couple of years, but, the guy did kick 60 goals last year and always takes the biggest, gruntiest defender. The key is, why does he want to come back? Retiring is a big decision and he'd want to be able to convince the Football Management team that he was ready to give 110% all year. If he can do that and is really fair dinkum in his commitment, then definitely worth a late pick-up IMO.

I'd suggest that ALL of these decisions have already been made !!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:

A member since '71

troll :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:FWIW, I'm not overly keen on Gehrig coming back either. I think he is one-dimensional and we are very predictable with him in the side.
i'd like to see fraser back, but not at ff.

kosi should be allowed to grow into that role this year, with fraser providing a handy foil (if we can get him).

coleman medallists and goal-kickers of fraser's ability are not easy to find and, imo, he could be great value elsewhere on the forward line,

HarveysDeciple

BallBanger wrote:

almost every other full forward in the competition.........

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

BallBanger wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:

A member since '71

head down to frankston, the new home of the saints and you will find me champ. you want list mis management look at brooks, watts, fergusson, sweeney, raymond etc etc etc.

To suggest that G is a liability makes me think you watch footbal with your eyes closed. was he not the competitions best goalkicker just a couple of years back? did he not still kick 59 goals this year even though he missed some games.

wait, we are talking about the same person aren't we???? i will say it again..you are either a troll or just plain stupid :roll: :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
BonoRocks
Club Player

.[/quote]

head down to frankston, the new home of the saints and you will find me champ. you want list mis management look at brooks, watts, fergusson, sweeney, raymond etc etc etc.

To suggest that G is a liability makes me think you watch footbal with your eyes closed. was he not the competitions best goalkicker just a couple of years back? did he not still kick 59 goals this year even though he missed some games.

wait, we are talking about the same person aren't we???? i will say it again..you are either a troll or just plain stupid :roll: :roll:[/quote]

name a quality backman gehrig has kicked goals against
having him and milne in the same side = ball comes out of defence at a rate of knots. Time to move on with Kids, they are what got us where we were and we have fallen over the last few years with drafting and no one coming through.

The names you use there no good. Hated taking watts with that pick, hoped brooks would come good, but got screwed on the deal, has hopes for ferg, still does, but the left field picks hardly work

Why not add in 2nd and 3rd round picks for MCG and Ackland.

List Management. Seriously been left to wonder !

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If we can get the G back cheaply then I'm all for it.
Maybe change the forward structure a bit and we still need our Midfielders to contribute more goals anyway.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well one thing in our favour is that the GTrain manages himself and is in Europe.....so other clubs would struggle to talk to the G or "his" manager.

So any other club drafting him on such short notice with no ability to do medicals etc would be adoptinga high risk strategy....

If he had nominated a bit earlier other clubs would have more ofa chance to havea hada chat....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

BallBanger wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:

A member since '71

Threats on the internet! What a legend! "You call me a troll once more and I'll find you". Ha! What a troll... Search away tough guy....

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
st.byron wrote:

I'd suggest that ALL of these decisions have already been made !!

You're probably right Eastern. Just as long as it's not a sudden urge to pull the boots back on that's going to disappear in Round 7.