Sir Robert Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

|Andy|
Club Player

Sir Robert Harvey

Everyone's calling him Sir Rob, or Sir Robert or something similar.. Question..is he knighted?? or is it just a nickname.

p.s Though he should be if he's not.

Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

Its just there we`re all getting in early,,cuz it wont happen overnight,but it will happen right fella`s :P

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

The great man has proven what an enduring champion and what a great, humble person he is. I am in awe of his achievements to date. He is one of the few human beings I put on a pedestal. For this reason he is Sir Robert Harvey to me.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Nope not knighted!

Although im pretty sure he SHOULD be!! :D :D :D

Go saints in '09!
ttufc7
Club Player

If the hack English cricketers can after winning one test series surely Banger can! :D

|Andy|
Club Player

ok...the club has to change the whole website!! when they're making a new one, if they are, they better change all the hall of fame inductees and stuff...i just read on robert harvey...it was a good read...but the problem was that it said these stats...1988-2003, 267 games, 154 goals. (b: 21 Aug 1971 180 cms 85 kgs)....

doenst say anything of his record breaking 350+ games...

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Further proof that the Great Man's Community Work knows no bounds ..........

(Even though I am not sure how old this is when I found it!)

http://www.marsvenuscoaching.com/robertharvey.htm

esaint66
SS Life Member

hahah yeh he should be but guys im pretty sure after don bradman no other aussie can be knighted why im not sure its just something i'll get back to you

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:hahah yeh he should be but guys im pretty sure after don bradman no other aussie can be knighted why im not sure its just something i'll get back to you

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

ummm.... what, edward?

esaint66
SS Life Member

not 100% sure why but ive just heard that australians can no longer be knighted

battye
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:not 100% sure why but ive just heard that australians can no longer be knighted
Australians haven't been knighted in over 20 years. As far as I know, the highest honour now is the Order of Australia. As for the English cricketers which someone mentioned, they weren't knighted, they were given MBE's.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
|Andy|
Club Player

battye wrote:
saint edward wrote:not 100% sure why but ive just heard that australians can no longer be knighted
Australians haven't been knighted in over 20 years. As far as I know, the highest honour now is the Order of Australia. As for the English cricketers which someone mentioned, they weren't knighted, they were given MBE's.
its cuz john howard joined with bush to gang up on sadam.

battye
Saintsational Legend

|Andy| wrote:
battye wrote:
its cuz john howard joined with bush to gang up on sadam.
Huh?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
esaint66
SS Life Member

battye wrote:Australians haven't been knighted in over 20 years. As far as I know, the highest honour now is the Order of Australia. As for the English cricketers which someone mentioned, they weren't knighted, they were given MBE's.

thank you thats it your a legend mate

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:

Australian's can still receive British honors...the trick is that they need to be living in the UK.

Rolf Harris will possibly be the next Aussie Knight....but has racked up 3 Royal Honors with the last in 2006.

Rolf Harris was created a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) on 17 June 2006, having previously been created a Member (MBE) in 1968 and an Officer (OBE) in 1977.

He also has gain an AO......on 26 January 1989, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia.

Rolf was born in Oz...in WA.

Rolf Harris awarded Commander of the British Empire

The World Today - Friday, 3 November , 2006 12:54:00
Reporter: Jane Hutcheon
ELEANOR HALL: Australia's ubiquitous artist and entertainer, Rolf Harris has received another award at Buckingham Palace.

His Commander of the British Empire award was to have been presented to him by the Queen, but at the last moment the Princess Royal replaced her mother at the ceremony.

Europe Correspondent Jane Hutcheon was there and asked Rolf Harris what he planned to do with the third such honour he's received during his half-century long career.

ROLF HARRIS: Well it'll go home and it'll go in the drawer with the MBE (Member of the British Empire) and then the OBE (Order of the British Empire) which followed that.

And it's got a special booklet which tells you when and how you wear this. But I've got a lovely Aboriginal patterned tie on today to... just to say thank you for their inspiration during my lifetime.

JANE HUTCHEON: Does this award mean something to you as an Australian?

ROLF HARRIS: Yeah, it's a thrill for me to be received and to be... to have people feel at ease with me being unashamedly and very Australian in the way I speak.

And to be accepted by everybody and to be taken to their hearts and to have something like this, it's really good you know.

I still feel very much like an Australian who is living in UK. But they... as I've said, they've taken me to their hearts here.

I'm like the regulation Aussie, I suppose (laughs). It's lovely.

JANE HUTCHEON: We're you disappointed that the Queen didn't present you with the award?

ROLF HARRIS: Well yeah, I heard it on the news last night that the Queen had a bad back, but your first thought is, well let's hope it gets better, because we've all had bad backs and you know how debilitating they are.

And let's hope she gets better quickly. But Princess Anne was lovely. She said as I walked up to receive this, she said, "This is a pleasure that I didn't expect to having today".

And I said "Likewise", and then she thanked me for all the work that I've done towards entertainment and for the arts.

And then she said, "I'll be going up and down to Edinburgh quite a bit in the near future. So I look forward to seeing your portrait of my mother up in Holyroodhouse Palace up there." So that was lovely.

JANE HUTCHEON: Do you have plans to paint the portraits of other royals?

ROLF HARRIS: I'd like to. I certainly would like to do Charles and Camilla, I'd love to do the boys, you know, the two Princes that would be great.

JANE HUTCHEON: And I know you're a very humble person, but do you dream of having a Knighthood, Sir Rolf?

ROLF HARRIS: That would be really weird, but it would be wonderful, yeah. It'd be good.

It would be marvellous, what I am I saying "good". It'd be great.

JANE HUTCHEON: Congratulations.

ROLF HARRIS: Thank you very much Jane.

ELEANOR HALL: Rolf Harris, who is now just a Commander of the British Empire, speaking after that awards ceremony at Buckingham Palace to our Correspondent Jane Hutcheon.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
esaint66
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
battye wrote:

Australian's can still receive British honors...the trick is that they need to be living in the UK.

Rolf Harris will possibly be the next Aussie Knight....but has racked up 3 Royal Honors with the last in 2006.

Rolf Harris was created a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) on 17 June 2006, having previously been created a Member (MBE) in 1968 and an Officer (OBE) in 1977.

He also has gain an AO......on 26 January 1989, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia

Rolf Harris awarded Commander of the British Empire

The World Today - Friday, 3 November , 2006 12:54:00
Reporter: Jane Hutcheon
ELEANOR HALL: Australia's ubiquitous artist and entertainer, Rolf Harris has received another award at Buckingham Palace.

His Commander of the British Empire award was to have been presented to him by the Queen, but at the last moment the Princess Royal replaced her mother at the ceremony.

Europe Correspondent Jane Hutcheon was there and asked Rolf Harris what he planned to do with the third such honour he's received during his half-century long career.

ROLF HARRIS: Well it'll go home and it'll go in the drawer with the MBE (Member of the British Empire) and then the OBE (Order of the British Empire) which followed that.

And it's got a special booklet which tells you when and how you wear this. But I've got a lovely Aboriginal patterned tie on today to... just to say thank you for their inspiration during my lifetime.

JANE HUTCHEON: Does this award mean something to you as an Australian?

ROLF HARRIS: Yeah, it's a thrill for me to be received and to be... to have people feel at ease with me being unashamedly and very Australian in the way I speak.

And to be accepted by everybody and to be taken to their hearts and to have something like this, it's really good you know.

I still feel very much like an Australian who is living in UK. But they... as I've said, they've taken me to their hearts here.

I'm like the regulation Aussie, I suppose (laughs). It's lovely.

JANE HUTCHEON: We're you disappointed that the Queen didn't present you with the award?

ROLF HARRIS: Well yeah, I heard it on the news last night that the Queen had a bad back, but your first thought is, well let's hope it gets better, because we've all had bad backs and you know how debilitating they are.

And let's hope she gets better quickly. But Princess Anne was lovely. She said as I walked up to receive this, she said, "This is a pleasure that I didn't expect to having today".

And I said "Likewise", and then she thanked me for all the work that I've done towards entertainment and for the arts.

And then she said, "I'll be going up and down to Edinburgh quite a bit in the near future. So I look forward to seeing your portrait of my mother up in Holyroodhouse Palace up there." So that was lovely.

JANE HUTCHEON: Do you have plans to paint the portraits of other royals?

ROLF HARRIS: I'd like to. I certainly would like to do Charles and Camilla, I'd love to do the boys, you know, the two Princes that would be great.

JANE HUTCHEON: And I know you're a very humble person, but do you dream of having a Knighthood, Sir Rolf?

ROLF HARRIS: That would be really weird, but it would be wonderful, yeah. It'd be good.

It would be marvellous, what I am I saying "good". It'd be great.

JANE HUTCHEON: Congratulations.

ROLF HARRIS: Thank you very much Jane.

ELEANOR HALL: Rolf Harris, who is now just a Commander of the British Empire, speaking after that awards ceremony at Buckingham Palace to our Correspondent Jane Hutcheon.

hahah well done someones been doing there homework well at least we know now the whole worlds not made up of lazy people like me hahah :D

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I guess I am too young to know but what exactly has Rolf Harris done to make him worth of being knighted?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:I guess I am too young to know but what exactly has Rolf Harris done to make him worth of being knighted?
he painted a picture of queeny! :lol:

Go saints in '09!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I guess I am too young to know but what exactly has Rolf Harris done to make him worth of being knighted?
Rolf Harris was and is an awesome philanderer...... I think thats the term.... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
Rolf Harris was and is an awesome philanderer...... I think thats the term.... :wink:
God I hope you're not speaking from personal experience!

Or maybe you mean the Queen? Would explain why the painting is so bad, they were too busy getting jiggy-with-it during their face to face sessions! ...Extra leg eh? Now I get it! :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

He is a knight in shining armour

All hail Sir Bob.

Megamaguire
Club Player

The Venerable Robert Harvey

In some traditional buddhist places on the planet the term 'Venerable' is reserved for those particularly felt to have reached a rare level of enlightenment. 'Roberto'; 'Banger'; 'Harves' are all endearing and respectful but if we still need 'extra' terms of recognition then 'The Venerable Robert Harvey' would do the job nicely.

I don't think i ever witnessed Harves strike out in anger but i saw him repeatedly push the pain barrier and burn off opponents for years. I think it is remarkable that he never seemed to get a big head or loose his focus. We are very fortunate to have had 'Roberto' in or Saint Kilda team for so long.

For me 'Harves' will be more than enough adulation as it equals greatness and rare ability in footy-speak.

G O H A R VE S !

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the knight of the whobble board ??
should of been hung for his whobble board version of stairway to heaven :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SirDog
Club Player

ttufc7 wrote:If the hack English cricketers can after winning one test series surely Banger can! :D
Paul Collingwood of English cricket team played in only the last match of the Test series and got an OBE.

What a joke.

"I dub thee Sir Robert Harvey of St.Kilda Football Club. And oh err, here is your cup too." - Queen Elizabeth II, MCG Grand Final Day, 2008

St.Kilda fan - through and through.