I'm coming to Melbourne for Round 4 v Geelong...need advice

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hotdish
Club Player

I'm coming to Melbourne for Round 4 v Geelong...need advice

Hi everyone,

I am coming to Melbourne for the week to see Saints v Geelong at TD on saturday April 12th.

How should I go about getting seats - While I know usually against a less popular team i could just rock up on the day and buy some gen admin seats (i am a student/concession (uni)), I have a feeling that this game could be a sell out - which would mean no gen admin right or reserved seating???

Whats my best option/guaranteed option of getting two (decent) seats to the game (one for me and one for my non-saints girlfriend). It'd be great if I could have them booked before I come to melbourne, so i don't need to stress when i get there...

I've been looking to get a cheapo saints membership, would this help in guarenteeing me seats for the game (this is the only game i'll probably get to see all year in melbourne...).

Thanks for any advice, appreciate it!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

My advice would be to pre-book tickets through ticketmaster.....Definitely in a game against Geelong because everyone will be hyping it up as a Grand Final preview.

More importantly I would suggest getting a new Saints supporting girlfriend. That should be your first plan of action from now until the Geelong game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

also people are saying its going to be sold out cause its
king vs blake ---- Finally.

but yeah may - be grand final preview

Huzzad
Club Player

Also like to try and get to this game. What is the story for Interstate & social club members (I get 5 games a year). Where do we book them through? (first year member)

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

What people exactly???

Yes there will be a big crowd and yes it MAY sell out..but..King vs Blake drawing 10,000 through the gates??

Lets not panic the good folk unneccesarily eh??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i get 11 games all of the home games, reserved seating i cant wait for this match it will most likely be sold out

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
What people exactly???

Yes there will be a big crowd and yes it MAY sell out..but..King vs Blake drawing 10,000 through the gates??

Lets not panic the good folk unneccesarily eh??
Took the words right out of my mouth....

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm coming to Melbourne for Round 4 v Geelong...need adv

hotdish wrote:Hi everyone,

I am coming to Melbourne for the week to see Saints v Geelong at TD on saturday April 12th.

How should I go about getting seats - While I know usually against a less popular team i could just rock up on the day and buy some gen admin seats (i am a student/concession (uni)), I have a feeling that this game could be a sell out - which would mean no gen admin right or reserved seating???

Whats my best option/guaranteed option of getting two (decent) seats to the game (one for me and one for my non-saints girlfriend). It'd be great if I could have them booked before I come to melbourne, so i don't need to stress when i get there...

I've been looking to get a cheapo saints membership, would this help in guarenteeing me seats for the game (this is the only game i'll probably get to see all year in melbourne...).

Thanks for any advice, appreciate it!!!
should be a great game, will be a full ticketed game anyway so coming down for the game wont be a problem. Having a 11 game membership allows you to book a ticket for a booking fee ($2) or you can buy both tickets online.

The choice you will also get is whether you want general admission on level 3 or a seat down on level 1 or two, which will be extra.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

or get a reserved seat in which i did,

but there prob sold out now

Huzzad
Club Player

Just to highlight my question, I found you can book em on ticketmaster and stuff but i still have to pay for ticket. I thought there were certain games free or something, or am I missing something? Can anyone please help?

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
hotdish
Club Player

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

So from what I can gather, buying a membership wont really help me if i'm buying a ticket for my girlfriend and I should just get two reserved seats through ticketek or whatever.

Regardless, i'm gonna buy a new membership soon and i'll be at the game, Cheers!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone!

So from what I can gather, buying a membership wont really help me if i'm buying a ticket for my girlfriend and I should just get two reserved seats through ticketek or whatever.

Regardless, i'm gonna buy a new membership soon and i'll be at the game, Cheers!
...no new girlfriend?

Poor bugger, you have a lot of converting to do then.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

well the membership gets you in for free (plus the booking fee)

reserved seats are for those not wanting to sit on level 3

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

well the membership gets you in for free (plus the booking fee)

reserved seats are for those not wanting to sit on level 3
There are now reserved seats on Level 3...and last year..40 MW-ites are occupying some of them this season

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

dont sit level 3
if you are comming to melbourne to watch the saints and you never get to do this, treat your self and watch the game from level 2 or 1!
you dont want to have to come all the way here to look at the players as if they are ants kicking around food they just found!
get on the wing level 1!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:dont sit level 3
if you are comming to melbourne to watch the saints and you never get to do this, treat your self and watch the game from level 2 or 1!
you dont want to have to come all the way here to look at the players as if they are ants kicking around food they just found!
get on the wing level 1!
:?: :?: BINOCULARS :?: :?: !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
get on the wing level 1!
why would you come to melbourne to watch a game of footy, when you cant see it so you need binoculars? doesnt make any sense to me...
should just sit level 1 where you can see 10x better and enjoy!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Huzzad
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Eastern wrote:
get on the wing level 1!
why would you come to melbourne to watch a game of footy, when you cant see it so you need binoculars? doesnt make any sense to me...
Exactly my plan, either level 1 or two.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Eastern wrote:
get on the wing level 1!
Umm..when was the last time you actually watched a game from Level 3 Dools????

I took the opportunity to watch both NAB games from Level 1 of TD, as I spend all season on Level 3. Whilst it is good when the players are on your side of the ground, at most other times its very hard to make out whats going on. maybe its cos Im used to the elevated view, but from Level 3, (and its NOT nearly as high as the top deck at the G) you get a pretty reasonable view of the whole ground. Matchups, flooding, set plays and options are very easy to spot..and theres the video screens (or binoculars!) if you need to see anything slose up.

Moral of the story...every vantage spot in the ground has good and bad points :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Eastern wrote:
get on the wing level 1!
It's allright for you. I sit on L1 and still need binoculars. One day you will be OLD like me :roll: :wink: !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
Eastern wrote:
get on the wing level 1!
Umm..when was the last time you actually watched a game from Level 3 Dools????
few weeks ago....why?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Or maybe you could sit on level three and spend the extra money on a nice hotel with your girlfriend ...

Nah.

Saints come first :P

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If this was to be a fully ticketed game, when would this need to be declared by???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:If this was to be a fully ticketed game, when would this need to be declared by???
The Friday 2 weeks before..at the VERY latest...AFAIK Its already been declared "front 6 rows" ticketed on Level 3 but not totally ticketed

I know the AFL bashers wont like this...but TD want far more "all ticketed" games than the AFL are prepared to give permission for

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
loris
Saintsational Legend

Hey "Saint66au" I'll be over for the Saints/Cats match.

Problem is. :( :( a friend of mine wants to come with me. Yep you've guessed i........t she's a Cats supporter :x :x ..... She sat with me a few years ago in the MW between "Hurricane and Riccardo" said she had never had such a great time at the footy....but then at that time the Saints had more bragging rights over the Cats :roll: :roll:

I hope as a Cats supporter she wont be unbearable this year. if she comes with me to the MW. Poor lady had given up on the Cats after 2006 and went overseas late 2007 then missed the Grand Final.....hah, hah, hah. Gee I'm a bitch aren't I :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What is the process about getting a seat in the MW this year? Will I need to PM you with my membership ticket #? Will I need her Geelong membership ticket # so she can sit at the MW with us. Is there a booking fee....... if yes, how do you want the money sent to you? Or do you want me to PM you with all this info. Sorry I can't PM a good bottle of red to you Michael, but I'm sure we can ruffle one up before/after the match eh?