Brad Johnson You Legend!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Seeing you asked so nicely. The last time I saw Johnson play live was the last time I was in Melbourne and the Saints were playing the Bulldogs, which would have been round 14 2005.

Win it for HIM!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Good on you - last time I saw him play was a few hours ago - and sh1t he was inspirational.

Anyway I'm so over it.

To me and many others, he has played 300 games more than me and is a true champion and a top bloke.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Always thaught Brad Johnson was a great player. Usually players on guys much bigger than him and dominates them, he is a guy that I fear when we play them. Regardless anyone (no matter who it is or who they play for) that makes 300 games deserves respect.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
my les foote
Club Player

And now that we're into the 3rd page as per the Cowboy 18 amendment to the forum rules:

Win it for HIM!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:
Spinner wrote:Pound for pound Brad Johnson is the best player in the AFL.

Legend.
FFS - This forum needs to have a good hard look at itself.

yeh he's better than Roo :roll:

yeh he's better than Brown :roll:

Get a Grip - Spose Rocket is Super coach too?

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnson just won a game off his own boot....I would suggest this wouldn't be the best time to compare him to Reiwoldt.

Size for Ability - Johnson is the best AFL player in the competition.

A smarter man would have known what pound for pound meant. :?

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Top Bloke Johnno fantastic win for the bullies
great way to win for a guy who is the heart and soul of that club.
congrats on your 300th game Johnno a fantastic player and a great bloke.

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
my les foote
Club Player

Spinner wrote:

Johnson just won a game off his own boot....I would suggest this wouldn't be the best time to compare him to Reiwoldt.

Riewoldt was considered by many the best on ground in a game we won by two points. He was, as usual, the go to man in the dying minutes of a tight game and significantly had the ball in his hands when the siren went. Last time we had a really tight game against the Swans he was the one who took the big mark in the wet in the back line to repel the last Swans attack.

He doesn't suffer in comparison to anyone.

Win it for HIM!
mischa
Club Player

my les foote wrote:Riewoldt was considered by many the best on ground in a game we won by two points. He was, as usual, the go to man in the dying minutes of a tight game and significantly had the ball in his hands when the siren went. Last time we had a really tight game against the Swans he was the one who took the big mark in the wet in the back line to repel the last Swans attack.

Bloody well said. He worked his ass off as usual. No one bleeds for this club more than Roo does. :D

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

From yesterday's Age

Johnson has missed just six matches on his way to 300 — he was dropped twice in 1995, his second senior season, suspended for two matches in 2000 and missed games through injury in 2004 and 2007, but said he still looked to St Kilda champion Robert Harvey as a role model.

"He's just amazing and I don't know how he does it. I constantly look at him and realise what can be done if you push through things. He's a fantastic person to look up to," Johnson said.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
st paddy
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
st paddy wrote:

Legend.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What kind of pathetic snipe is that?

Go ahead taking pot-shots at OUR best player, OUR 4 time club champion (as a 25 year old) and OUR club CAPTAIN.

A player who bleeds for the team and a player who just about won the game for us on Saturday night with his tireless last qtr efforts.

Sorry if I aint gushing over the wonderful 'Johno' - sorry if, to me, he's just another Footscray player.

For Gawd sake get a grip or change friggin clubs.

PS: What the hell is a 'Tug ourselves over the marvelous Johno' thread doing in a St Kilda football forum anyway?

Shouldn't this be in the general forum?

Or perhaps a bulldogs forum?

PPS: Can I just add a quick congratulations to Hirdy and Bucks for such wonderful careers - thanks for the memories guys!!

PPPS: If anyone runs into Braddles or Sticks can they pass on my sincerest thanks - Wonderful men one and all!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:
Spinner wrote:
st paddy wrote:

Legend.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What kind of pathetic snipe is that?

Go ahead taking pot-shots at OUR best player, OUR 4 time club champion (as a 25 year old) and OUR club CAPTAIN.

A player who bleeds for the team and a player who just about won the game for us on Saturday night with his tireless last qtr efforts.

Sorry if I aint gushing over the wonderful 'Johno' - sorry if, to me, he's just another Footscray player.

For Gawd sake get a grip or change friggin clubs.

PS: What the hell is a 'Tug ourselves over the marvelous Johno' thread doing in a St Kilda football forum anyway?

Shouldn't this be in the general forum?

Or perhaps a bulldogs forum?

PPS: Can I just add a quick congratulations to Hirdy and Bucks for such wonderful careers - thanks for the memories guys!!

PPPS: If anyone runs into Braddles or Sticks can they pass on my sincerest thanks - Wonderful men one and all!
You were the one that made the initial comparison to Reiwoldt...I just furthered that comparison with some facts.

Its not a snipe, its a truth. But no where did I mention that Reiwoldt wasn't a superstar.

PS The Johnson thread was probably created because the bloke just won a game that was well and truly lost, off his own boot. In what was his 300th game. He is a star.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Riewoldt was considered by many the best on ground in a game we won by two points. He was, as usual, the go to man in the dying minutes of a tight game and significantly had the ball in his hands when the siren went. Last time we had a really tight game against the Swans he was the one who took the big mark in the wet in the back line to repel the last Swans attack.

Reiwoldt has saved games...But never won one off his own boot when a game was in the balance.

He has saved games before with his work ethic, leading, marking etc. But never grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.

I only furthered an initial ocmparison between BJ and NR, to outline how good a player BJ was.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

st paddy...all everyone is trying to say is that occassionally you have to take off the blinkers and acknowlege champions from other sides..doing that does not diminish anyones love of the Saints or their players

and yes...all the blokes you mentioned deserve kudos for being great players. Takes 16 clubs to make up the comp you know

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
my les foote wrote:Riewoldt was considered by many the best on ground in a game we won by two points. He was, as usual, the go to man in the dying minutes of a tight game and significantly had the ball in his hands when the siren went. Last time we had a really tight game against the Swans he was the one who took the big mark in the wet in the back line to repel the last Swans attack.

Bloody well said. He worked his ass off as usual. No one bleeds for this club more than Roo does. :D
Who said he didn't?

In fact I ask that you offer some sort of original opinion, instead of hiding behind the thoughts of other posters.

And ensure you stay on topic, no one has questioned Reiwoldt's loyalty, his love of the club or his superstardom....Im sure you'll find some sort of heart string to pull on after you twist my some what simple observation around.

On a different note, its funny, its as if you 'browse' the forum awaiting for a 'personal favorite' topic of yours to arise, but lately more so, you find it necessary to draw on the heart strings defending players I have supposedly offended.

Offer me some sort of opinion here.

JeffDunne

Brad Johnson is a very good footballer . . . but . . . he is a diver and he is a "seagull" (hanging around packs waving his arms around)

Too often takes the soft or selfish option.

If he had lived up to his ability he'd be one of the game's great midfielders.

He's not for a reason.
Last edited by JeffDunne on Mon 24 Mar 2008 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

savatage
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
He's not for a reason.
The reason is that he plays for the Western Bulldogs & that club, sadly, has no profile.

jill
Club Player

Roo won a game off his own boot vs Ess. at MCG.

JeffDunne

savatage wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
He's not for a reason.
The reason is that he plays for the Western Bulldogs & that club, sadly, has no profile.
What has that got to do with him not playing in the midfield? :?

savatage
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
savatage wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
He's not for a reason.
What has that got to do with him not playing in the midfield? :?
When was the topic specifically about Brad Johnson the midfielder? I thought we were talking about Brad Johnson, the GUN versatile footballer, who doesn't get the plaudits he deserves. If he played for Collingwood he'd be up there with Buckley.

JeffDunne

:roll:

Yeah . . . ok.

You quoted a part of my post where I was discussing why he's not rated as a great midfielder.

The fact he plays for the Bulldogs isn't a reason why he isn't.

He isn't because he isn't a midfielder's arsehole.

He has the talent to be - and like I said is a very good footballer - but he's a jack of all trades because he's a master of none.

If he had the work ethic he'd be seen as one of the all-time greats.

Yesterday simply proves what he can do when he puts his mind to it. Pity he didn't do it all the time.

loris
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Yesterday simply proves what he can do when he puts his mind to it. Pity he didn't do it all the time.

Hey JD hey can I put in a request that he doesn't put his mind to it when he plays against the Saints....that would be a pity for us eh :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Until he ceases his chronic staging, he's just a player who's been lucky with injury.

savatage
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote::roll:

Yeah . . . ok.

You quoted a part of my post where I was discussing why he's not rated as a great midfielder.
I didn't get that from reading your post. Regardless, calling him just a midfielder is an insult as he has somehow managed to play key forward for that side & simply dominated. He's a gun, there's no two ways about it.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:He's a gun, there's no two ways about it.
How do you rate the defensive side of his game?

JeffDunne

loris wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

Hey JD hey can I put in a request that he doesn't put his mind to it when he plays against the Saints....that would be a pity for us eh :wink:
I have complete confidence in our defense to hold any team to less than 10 goals.

My confidence in us scoring more than 10 is another story . . . but Johno doesn't scare me. Never has.