Do different TV coverages show different images?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Do different TV coverages show different images?

Apropos of the issue of the despicable tactics of certain Swan's players taking Nick Reiwoldt's legs from under him in at least FOUR marking contests, where it is conceiveable he could suffer a serious injury from such a tactic..... I ask the question what TV vision, if there is an official complaint, does the AFL make it's decision on?

I watched the Saints game in WA via a Northern Territory or Papua New Guina link ( I think). It was called Impaga...or something along those lines.

It was very clear from those images from Impaga of the tactic to take out Reiwoltd's legs from under him during marking contests on that telecast.

I have seen some images on the internet where the images are from different angles and it doesn't seem as horrible, but still rather terrible.

My question is..do the different stations (chanels) have cameras positioned at different positions around the ground which could cause a different perspective of Reiwaldt being infringed against?

All I know is from my viewing LIVE from the Impaga telecast ( it may have been Fox I'm not certain because I didn't notice who the commentators were at the game ..most are pretty absymal IMHO so I don't listen to them only concentrate on the visual image). Would it be from a different camera angle if Chanel 10 were doing the coverage???

I just hope the AFL view all images available...this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed before a horrible accident happents to a player whatever club they play for.

So my question remains:

Do you think the image taken from one network's coverage may differ from those of another??

Are the images of Roo being "tunnelled" on Impaga taken from the same angle as those taken from the Chanel 7 or 10 camera angle' or Fox ?
So what images do the AFL use in their decision makkng if the Saints make a complaint??????????????????

my les foote
Club Player

Re: Do different TV coverages show different images?

loris wrote:
Do you think the image taken from one network's coverage may differ from those of another??
No

Win it for HIM!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

they just choose to show only two of the instances not all of them